General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

turbo or whipple

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 04:27 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

This is the 210AX it is a 3.4 whipple and yes it will be coming out for the LSX motors. The 3.3 is for the ford GT and the 5.0 is for boat applications. You will need a built bottom end. We made 1046HP on this blower and went 9.XX while spinning a bearing. This thing is a monster. I too am going to do the whipple 3.4 on my camaro. As for clearance we will address that issue here in a few days and keep everyone posted
Old 08-29-2007 | 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you dan i was having doubts until now well keep me posted on how things go but i guess if things dont work out ill go big cubes and big turbo
Old 08-29-2007 | 04:58 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

oh the above picture is our 2004 ford Cobra
Old 08-29-2007 | 05:12 PM
Launching!

it's going to be more of an issue on a f-body....no one doubted it on a cobra...what are the plans for the intercooler???? someone going to make an air/water to go underneath the blower, that will make it huge...if you are going to do this just put a 6,8,10,12,14-71 on it and call it a day.....
Old 08-29-2007 | 05:18 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

That is the least of my worries, right now I am going to figure how much room I will or won’t have. We make parts so a custom intake is no big deal. I have Ideas when it comes to the intercooler. One thing is for sure the strut brace will no longer be there. When I know more I will tell mike about it and he can post about it if he likes
Old 08-29-2007 | 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

So were exactilly did all this money come from?
Old 08-29-2007 | 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PSR
[img]
This is the 210AX it is a 3.4 whipple and yes it will be coming out for the LSX motors.............I too am going to do the whipple 3.4 on my camaro. As for clearance we will address that issue here in a few days and keep everyone posted
Why hasn't anyone started with trying to do a 140AX on an LS1 yet? This whole time that whipple has had its 2.3 and then updated version NO one has put together a kit. That seems odd, especially since the aftermarket for LS cars is pretty big.

Maybe night ghost got in way over his head, and some other newbie's trying to help him out. Just look at PSR's other posts........doesn't sound like he knows these cars all that well either (is an LS6 intake plastic or aluminum PSR?, or what kind of bottom end DO these cars have?)

This thread is officially dumb.
Old 08-29-2007 | 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

looks like he knows a bit about cars to me

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/774751-official-announcement.html
Old 08-29-2007 | 07:56 PM
PSR
9 Second Club

Hold on. First off I have never used a stock internals on a stock car. I build race cars not stock cars. I was asking the stupid questions for a reference point of what a stock motor can take. I know they offer a LSX aftermarket block. I guess you are one of those people who think that the LSX motor was something that re-invented the wheel right …… whatever. I’m actually a moron and have no idea what I am doing. Maybe you can come down here and show me what’s up. I own and drive a slow *** mustang. I guess any retard can build those right. Anyway an answer to your questions

Originally Posted by nrmustang
Why hasn't anyone started with trying to do a 140AX on an LS1 yet? This whole time that whipple has had its 2.3 and then updated version NO one has put together a kit. That seems odd, especially since the aftermarket for LS cars is pretty big. :
To tell the truth they don’t want to mess with it. We are making a cast lower intake to mount the 2.3 and the 3.4 whipple to the lsx motor. Whipple didn’t do this because of the stupid amount of compression these cars have already. Ls2 10.9:1 and the ls1 is 10:1 is not what you want on a blower car, but you knew that right. The after market on the LSX is small compared to the mustang world and it has always been that way.

Maybe night ghost got in way over his head, and some other newbie's trying to help him out.
Newbie”s what is that about? Just because I’m new to this board don’t think I’m stupid, remember the post count under your name is not your IQ. However you have proven that by your post here.

Just look at PSR's other posts........doesn't sound like he knows these cars all
Once again you have blinded us by your brilliance. By all means look at my other post. Does that make you feel better now? Do you in some way shape of form now feel smarter because your trying to clown on someone and it is not working?

that well either (is an LS6 intake plastic or aluminum PSR?, or what kind of bottom end DO these cars have?)
I know aftermarket companies such as Wilson ,BBk , and weiand all make cast aluminum intakes for the LSX motors along with the plastic one’s. But I bet you knew that right. Now explain to me why this is not a valid Question? Oh that is right because your trying to look good

This thread is officially dumb.
The only thing dumb about this thread is your pessimistic attitude. This is the exact reason I have stayed away from the chevy world for so long. You think because you own one of these cars and it runs low 11s or even a high 10 sec time that you know everything. I’m glad that you been on this forum longer than I have but that is no reason to act like an a$$. Have a nice day Starting Drama.

nrmustang
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: (2)
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

told you

get him PSR
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PSR
...... I guess you are one of those people who think that the LSX motor was something that re-invented the wheel right …… whatever. I’m actually a moron and have no idea what I am doing. Maybe you can come down here and show me what’s up. I own and drive a slow *** mustang. I guess any retard can build those right...........

.........10:1 is not what you want on a blower car, but you knew that right. The after market on the LSX is small compared to the mustang world and it has always been that way...............

This is the exact reason I have stayed away from the chevy world for so long. You think because you own one of these cars and it runs low 11s or even a high 10 sec time that you know everything. I’m glad that you been on this forum longer than I have but that is no reason to act like an a$$. Have a nice day Starting Drama.
Well, well.......a little testy aren't we?

I too drive a slow mustang-just look down. Your absolutely right, the LSX aftermarket is not as big as the mustangs.....in general, but is pretty close to the MOD moter market (I have yet to see some trick flow, AFR, dart, RHS or any aftermarket heads for any mod motor.

Just because I have a lower post # doesn't mean I'm new either...And for being such a chevy hater, how much profit will will get from your new LS venture?

A whipple on an F-body- I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha finally dan comes and shows you smart a$$e$ whats up he is someone who knows a thing or two about cars
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by night ghost
haha finally dan comes and shows you smart a$$e$ whats up he is someone who knows a thing or two about cars
This is too funny.....

Even a little knowledge about F-bodies and whipples should be enough to recognize if this would be a cost effective kit to build-remember-were talking about a 3.4 whipple for F-bodies-remember?

Hey DAN, how much will this kit go for once you build it? Do you have any other 17 year olds with 35 grand willing to buy it?
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

another newb here!! no matter how much i hate cobras, i cannot deny that they are capable of great things. mr. nrmustang. ur an 1di0t!! and ur cobra is a slow *** terminator. dan's terminator on the otherhand, is a ****** 9 second STREET monster. psr and night ghost, good luck on fabricating the whipple setups, sounds awesome, cant imagine the kind of torque that thing is gonna make. nrmustang, please get off these boards!!!
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kbraklr
another newb here!! no matter how much i hate cobras, i cannot deny that they are capable of great things. mr. nrmustang. ur an 1di0t!! and ur cobra is a slow *** terminator. dan's terminator on the otherhand, is a ****** 9 second STREET monster. psr and night ghost, good luck on fabricating the whipple setups, sounds awesome, cant imagine the kind of torque that thing is gonna make. nrmustang, please get off these boards!!!
You registered just to say that? Who's the idiot?
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nrmustang
You registered just to say that? Who's the idiot?
i read the boards. and congratulations mamm. u were the first person to **** me off soo much that i was prompted to actually get a screen name so i can punk ur a$$. go run ur cobra into a wall.
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:55 PM
On The Tree

You guys are right, my apologies to everyone, I usually dont waste my time with dumb arguments like this- I dont know what got into me.

Sorry if some got a little heated at what I said. Happy posting!
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

nrmustang are u on these boards just to give people a hard time or what you haven't even given any advice all u do is talk ****.

kbraklr thanks for the support finally someone thinks it possible lol
yah these guys are just lookin for drama

and yah i believe in psr they have impressed me greatly and look forward to seeing what there camaro does with the 3.4
Old 08-29-2007 | 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

i posted in another thread, but whats an inexpesive form of forced induction that i can run in my 02 TA?? like low boost, just lookin to get ahead of the h/c fbodies without having to do the h/c lol.
Old 08-29-2007 | 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

there are a couple of options u could do a centri supercharger if u please those are fairly inexpensive and won't need to build the bottom end for you could go with the p1sc or the d1sc(same unit with different perpellers not sure what they are called) the latter will provide a lil more power than the first

u could always go with an sts turbo makes the car decent fast but i really wasn't impressed with numbers but it seems like a lot of people like doing them so i guess it seems to work for most
you could also go with a magna charger i believe they make kits for ls1 cars but make sure u do ur research so ur happy with what you get
good luck on your decision

Quick Reply: turbo or whipple