General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help Car Stolen Baton Rouge La

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Car Stolen Baton Rouge La

My car was stolen sunday Oct. 5 2008 in baton rouge off of burbank dr. it is silver with black rally stripes it is a 1998 chevrolet camaro z28. please help me if you can. if you see the car please notify law enforcement this car is a prized possesion and i love it very dearly. help me if you can. it is greatly apreciated.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

sorry to tell u that f-body theft in BR is like a weekly occurrence. if they are as good as they seem, u don't want it back. i do wish u the best in finding the lowlife ****
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yep, bummer. Just a few days ago I posted this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=22
Old 10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that. good luck getting it back/finding the scum that stole it or getting your revenge! id be so damn devestated if mine got stolen. thats why mine stays locked in my garage, keys locked in a safe, another car parked in front of the garage, and "fuses" pulled. besides the fact that a 9mm hides close to me.... in my quiet neighborhood you would hear anything and everything. Luck be with you
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Damn I'm so sorry to hear that, I'll keep an eye out, but if you could post pics or something that would help a lot. I live in Metairie so there's probably a good chance your car is on its way or is already around the area... I'm paranoid about my car being stolen one day too, I believe New Orleans has just as many fbody thefts. Did anyone hear about some sort of Mexican Mafia/ring that's supposedly responsible for the fbody thefts and taking the motors out in Mexico?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bamxbam
Damn I'm so sorry to hear that, I'll keep an eye out, but if you could post pics or something that would help a lot. I live in Metairie so there's probably a good chance your car is on its way or is already around the area... I'm paranoid about my car being stolen one day too, I believe New Orleans has just as many fbody thefts. Did anyone hear about some sort of Mexican Mafia/ring that's supposedly responsible for the fbody thefts and taking the motors out in Mexico?
we've got Russians doing that here. Steal the cars, take em to Canada, disassemble them, and sell the parts any way they can. They tend to go after Hondas and such.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
sorry to hear that. good luck getting it back/finding the scum that stole it or getting your revenge! id be so damn devestated if mine got stolen. thats why mine stays locked in my garage, keys locked in a safe, another car parked in front of the garage, and "fuses" pulled. besides the fact that a 9mm hides close to me.... in my quiet neighborhood you would hear anything and everything. Luck be with you
Come on, you really do this? Unless it's a twice a month car, this is pretty ridiculous.

So you unlock your safe to get your keys every morning, pop your hood and install the ign fuse, inj fuse, etc, move a car behind you, and finally back out of the driveway? Sounds a bit ridiculous

I agree car theft is a bitch. I've never dealt with it, and our area has maybe one car stolen a month - usually drunk people who hop in a car with keys in it and joy ride it for a while. Sorry to hear your car is gone, did you have full coverage?

Chances are, with the theft rates in that area, people are pretty good and you have very little chance of getting it back.

IDK how smart it is to try to stop a group either if you catch them in the act, instead of taking your car they'll take your life. I'd rather collect insurance and start over, while still breathing.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear that dude, and I have to agree with the previous poster that you probably don't want to get it back after what these people do to it... There's a been a lot of F-body thefts in Louisiana. All you f-body owners out there should take extra care in how you secure and park your car (yes they even have tow trucks).

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Come on, you really do this? Unless it's a twice a month car, this is pretty ridiculous.

So you unlock your safe to get your keys every morning, pop your hood and install the ign fuse, inj fuse, etc, move a car behind you, and finally back out of the driveway? Sounds a bit ridiculous
My uncle takes out his 69 383 stroker Nova every weekend... He keeps it in his house garage with the hood chained and locked down (from the inside), a car cover over it, and boxes of stuff on top of that. If you went in the garage there's no way to quickly tell that it's been moved in at least 2 years... And if you tried to pop the hood to find out what's going on, well you'll be out of luck. That's after you stole the car parked in front of it.

Some people I know protect their cars to a high degree, even if it doesn't seem reasonable to other people.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry about the loss man!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Teching In

POST PICS!!! I'm not even close to that area but post pics for those that are. YOU NEVER KNOW!

Man, I would kill somebody.....
Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

I was a member in another forum about chevy trucks.
One member posted that his truck was stolen, it was parked in a secure fenced in area with cameras and dogs.
They figured the thieves hopped the fence and connected a cable to the truck, then pulled it about 250 feet to the fence, cut it open and continued pulling it onto a flatbed.

So...if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Yep, bummer. Just a few days ago I posted this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=22
I had no idea it was that bad there.

Lojack comes to mind... how much is it. Anyone know? Is it a monthly thing?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I was a member in another forum about chevy trucks.
One member posted that his truck was stolen, it was parked in a secure fenced in area with cameras and dogs.
They figured the thieves hopped the fence and connected a cable to the truck, then pulled it about 250 feet to the fence, cut it open and continued pulling it onto a flatbed.

So...if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it.
Thats rediculous..
Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry but anyone with an f-body in LA who doesnt get some sort of alarm/gps/lo jack is pretty irresponsible, everyone one these sites knows that fbodies are targeted in these areas, you spend 1xxxx amount on mods and go fast parts but you wont drop 500-600 to get lo-jack? come on guys.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Lojack is decent, but it only gives a signal that directs you towards it. There is no real time GPS involved, just a singal that beeps faster the closer you get to it. Kind of worthless IMO, especially if the cars are being stolen then shipped somewhere.

My dad had his pickup parked inside the gates at a shipping company in DFW Texas, the thieves jumped the fence with razor wire, hotwired the pickup, and rammed a $12,000 gate to get the pickup out. All for a 94 chevy pickup. This was about 5 years ago IIRC. It is on camera and the cops blamed it on illegal immigrants, go figure.

The solution - get rid of the problem.