General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

BEST GM parts prices????

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST GM parts prices????

WHo on this FOurm has the best Prices for parts......Looking for good reputation too and reasonable return policy??????
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that would depend on the parts. There are companies that specialize in different segments

What parts are you looking for
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

www.rockauto.com is about the best.

BUT...ALWAYS run the part number(s) through Amazon.com..........Amazon has killer prices on allot of parts sometimes. For example: AC Delco (Denso) 02 sensors you buy at the dealership....upwards of $180 each. Amazon.com and rockauto.com...about $37.00 each. Identical sensor.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out GMpartsdirect too...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys thanks.....need new front 93-97 trans am bumper and 98-02 harnesses that fit the two cigarette lighters as I upgraded from the older one. Pulleys squeeking and may need new sperpentine tensioner kit.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WildDr805
ok guys thanks.....need new front 93-97 trans am bumper and 98-02 harnesses that fit the two cigarette lighters as I upgraded from the older one. Pulleys squeeking and may need new sperpentine tensioner kit.
Get a Katech fixed belt tensioner. Don't get another cheezy GM factory tensioner thats just going to wear out again some day. Katech tensioner will literally last for 5 million miles or 300 years, whichever comes first.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Summit has a policy if you look for it, says they will BEAT and advertised price. I used it when i bought my cam, saved a few dollars.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1121
Summit has a policy if you look for it, says they will BEAT and advertised price. I used it when i bought my cam, saved a few dollars.
Huh.....by how much?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS6427
Huh.....by how much?

Does it really matter? I answered his question.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Does it really matter? I answered his question.
It does....allot of places will offer that who don't offer free shipping, like Amazon and almost every auto-parts store in America for online orders. So allot of times them beating a price by just a TAD, really isn't cheaper. Its marketing.........

I'm ordering new calipers all around from Advance Auto (online to be shipped to my door), free shipping and a 25% off coupon. NO WAY can Summit beat that. I've tried every company out there.........Advance is the cheapest. But I'll have a look over at Summit real quick........see what happens.

But some places offer a flat rate on how much they will beat advertised prices, like say 10%....in that case its worth looking at to see if it will really be cheaper.

So yes....it does matter.

Last edited by LS6427; 09-13-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 for advance and the "magic coupon".

I've replaced so much **** on my car in the last few months.... TPS, IAC, rotors, pads, caliper bolts, upgraded to LT1 radiator and SAVED 200 bucks (compare the LS1 vs LT1 price), miscellaneous bulbs, belts, water pump, radiator hoses......

I've probably SAVED as much as I've spent, learned tricks and refined forgotten ones, and all with a lifetime warranty.

Who the hell can beat that?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned

Wow...Summits website blows. Bounces all over the place. Can't find rear calipers. The one I did find is listed as "Rear and Front" caliper...... lol

Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
+1 for advance and the "magic coupon".

I've replaced so much **** on my car in the last few months.... TPS, IAC, rotors, pads, caliper bolts, upgraded to LT1 radiator and SAVED 200 bucks (compare the LS1 vs LT1 price), miscellaneous bulbs, belts, water pump, radiator hoses......

I've probably SAVED as much as I've spent, learned tricks and refined forgotten ones, and all with a lifetime warranty.

Who the hell can beat that?
Yup. I always find myself trying to find a better deal....and almost every time I'm right back at Advance Auto for the best ending total price. And right....LIFETIME warranties on just about everything you buy.

There's a few items like Denso 02 sensors that are cheaper on Amazon and rockauto..............but Advance Auto is the best, especially with the coupons that are available all year long, every day.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Wow...Summits website blows. Bounces all over the place. Can't find rear calipers. The one I did find is listed as "Rear and Front" caliper...... lol

Blows? I kinda expected more from you. How old are you 9?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How old are you ls1121? What has ls6427 done that warrants your bratty attitude. He asks a question and you go on the offensive. Now that sounds like something a nine year old would say.

Now on the the ops question. I almost exclusively use parts taxi. They have saved me a ton on gm parts. It's usually half of local dealers and sometimes close or less than a local parts store brand.

I have found one website that specialized in a/c parts beat their price on a compressor but it's the first and only time I've had that happened. I would be afraid to see what I've spent with parts taxi. I'm sure it's in the thousands.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by t/a98
How old are you ls1121? What has ls6427 done that warrants your bratty attitude. He asks a question and you go on the offensive. Now that sounds like something a nine year old would say.

Now on the the ops question. I almost exclusively use parts taxi. They have saved me a ton on gm parts. It's usually half of local dealers and sometimes close or less than a local parts store brand.

I have found one website that specialized in a/c parts beat their price on a compressor but it's the first and only time I've had that happened. I would be afraid to see what I've spent with parts taxi. I'm sure it's in the thousands.
I actually like LS6427, I respect what he has said to me in the past and just have a problem with what he said. What are you...his big sister? If he doesn't like what I said let him answer. Summit Racing IS a Sponsor here and one of the Best Supply houses in the Industry. The OP asked a question and I gave him my BEST answer and if you don't like what I say just go ____ yourself. lol lol ha ha !!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned

Blows? I kinda expected more from you. How old are you 9?
lol

I started a "cart" at Summit......I was able to choose FRONT calipers, but no matter what I do I cannot find REAR calipers. The only rear calipers that do show up say they fit FRONT/REAR Hummer. And when I added the FRONT calipers to the cart, then clicked "continue shopping" I had to add my year/make/model/engine info all over again. But still....the REAR calipers would not show up that I needed. When I clicked on the button that says "check compatibility" for my year car.....it only went back to like 2001 and didn;t even give me a Pontiac choice.

I tried a few times, started over a few times, couldn't get it to work. The prices were $10.00 per caliper "more" to start with and they did not offer a 25% OFF brake parts coupon like Advance Auto does, plus FREE shipping.

Plus if I ever have a problem with parts I buy from Advance Auto, its a LIFETIME warranty and they are 1.5 miles from my house. Summit....I have to ship parts back and wait, while my car sits in the driveway. Didn't notice if Summit offers LIFETIME warranty either, I doubt it, but I didn't check.

No way in hell will Summit BEAT Advance Auto prices, warranty "can only match that", convenience of returns or to get new parts when these wear out "FOR FREE" because of the Lifetime warranty. I will never pay for calipers again.

Thats all...........so I came to the conclusion that their WEBSITE BLOWS.....not Summit as a company....just their terrible website.

And I just turned 15 last week........

Old 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So whats the magic coupon code for advance?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
So whats the magic coupon code for advance?
The codes change all the time.

BRKX...is 25% off brake parts....plus free shipping to your house.

P20.........thats the 20% off parts special. There's a banner for that offer right here on LS1tech.com at the top.....

Then there are other coupon codes for 15% off anything......I think its AG15.

Just go to their site. advanceauto.com They tell you the code to enter.

*****Best thing to do....google.com "advance auto parts coupons". You sometimes see 40% off coupon codes for online orders.
http://www.offers.com/advance-autopa...c1a&p2r=1&lp=1

Last edited by LS6427; 09-14-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

lol

I started a "cart" at Summit......I was able to choose FRONT calipers, but no matter what I do I cannot find REAR calipers. The only rear calipers that do show up say they fit FRONT/REAR Hummer. And when I added the FRONT calipers to the cart, then clicked "continue shopping" I had to add my year/make/model/engine info all over again. But still....the REAR calipers would not show up that I needed. When I clicked on the button that says "check compatibility" for my year car.....it only went back to like 2001 and didn;t even give me a Pontiac choice.

I tried a few times, started over a few times, couldn't get it to work. The prices were $10.00 per caliper "more" to start with and they did not offer a 25% OFF brake parts coupon like Advance Auto does, plus FREE shipping.

Plus if I ever have a problem with parts I buy from Advance Auto, its a LIFETIME warranty and they are 1.5 miles from my house. Summit....I have to ship parts back and wait, while my car sits in the driveway. Didn't notice if Summit offers LIFETIME warranty either, I doubt it, but I didn't check.

No way in hell will Summit BEAT Advance Auto prices, warranty "can only match that", convenience of returns or to get new parts when these wear out "FOR FREE" because of the Lifetime warranty. I will never pay for calipers again.

Thats all...........so I came to the conclusion that their WEBSITE BLOWS.....not Summit as a company....just their terrible website.

And I just turned 15 last week........

totally understandable, I meant no disrespect to you. lol but yor bodyguard????? lol

Quick Reply: BEST GM parts prices????