Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Does that screen name mean "dog"?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sobaka79
elaborate
Well when i took my oil cap off to pour the sea foam in the oil, i noticed a yellow milky supstance under my oil cap, so i check my oil and dip stick, and it is clean its not in the oil, just inder the cap...??
Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99corvette
Well when i took my oil cap off to pour the sea foam in the oil, i noticed a yellow milky supstance under my oil cap, so i check my oil and dip stick, and it is clean its not in the oil, just inder the cap...??
sounds like moisture to me. when your car sits overnight, moisture settles in your oil. when your car reaches operating temperatures, the water simply boils out of your oil and out your exhaust pipe as water vapor. do you make a lot of short trips in your car? if you make a lot of short trips, you might develop this milky substance on your oil fill cap as your oil takes longer trips to actually reach operating temperatures and boil out all that water. if you're frequently making 5 mile trips, especially in the wintertime where it takes a lot longer for your engine to heat up, the water vapor's going to collect on your oil filler cap. clean all the milky substance off your oil filler cap. see if it comes back. again, it just sounds like moisture to me, but i've been wrong before.

you said it was there BEFORE you put seafoam in your crankcase?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

yes it was before, but i did already put it in the brake booster line. I wiped all of that of the cap, took the car down the road, and it came right back.

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
sounds like moisture to me. when your car sits overnight, moisture settles in your oil. when your car reaches operating temperatures, the water simply boils out of your oil and out your exhaust pipe as water vapor. do you make a lot of short trips in your car? if you make a lot of short trips, you might develop this milky substance on your oil fill cap as your oil takes longer trips to actually reach operating temperatures and boil out all that water. if you're frequently making 5 mile trips, especially in the wintertime where it takes a lot longer for your engine to heat up, the water vapor's going to collect on your oil filler cap. clean all the milky substance off your oil filler cap. see if it comes back. again, it just sounds like moisture to me, but i've been wrong before.

you said it was there BEFORE you put seafoam in your crankcase?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Resident

yes it was before, but i did already put it in the brake booster line. I wiped all of that of the cap, took the car down the road, and it came right back.
it has nothing to do with seafoaming your top end. i'm pretty sure it's just moisture. you need to take your car for some long trips, such as hitting the highway for a 30 mile stretch.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

it has nothing to do with seafoaming your top end. i'm pretty sure it's just moisture. you need to take your car for some long trips, such as hitting the highway for a 30 mile stretch.
yeah i think im about to, i think im going to get on the highway, and put about 50 miles on her, and then cahnge the oil. Sound good?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kukri
^ Does that screen name mean "dog"?
da, pycckoe

i noticed it, like you, and freaked, it turned out to be moisture. we do live in the south, and these cars consume oil, which means that moisture from the air is getting by somewhere too.

being from the south, i wonder if this causes any wear and tear? this being the moisture in the air and the crankcase
Old 01-29-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

da, pycckoe

i noticed it, like you, and freaked, it turned out to be moisture. we do live in the south, and these cars consume oil, which means that moisture from the air is getting by somewhere too.

being from the south, i wonder if this causes any wear and tear? this being the moisture in the air and the crankcase
Do you think it would be good if we bought one of those oil caps with the filter built in
Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Resident

yeah i think im about to, i think im going to get on the highway, and put about 50 miles on her, and then cahnge the oil. Sound good?
yessir. make sure the engine gets nice and hot. just remember, if you keep driving short rips, it's going to keep appearing. it's not a real problem if it's just moisture. now, if it's some kind of gel...then you might have problems.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've used seafoam many a times and love it...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Banned

Do you think it would be good if we bought one of those oil caps with the filter built in
i hear yes, and i hear the pcv system is ****. i have tried to find a filter cap but cant find one that fits without having to take out the part that the cap screws into.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

i hear yes, and i hear the pcv system is ****. i have tried to find a filter cap but cant find one that fits without having to take out the part that the cap screws into.
iknow where you can get one, ill find the link
Old 01-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

da, pycckoe

Это очень хорошо!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is there a link or some sort of reference guide for other vehicels that can be safely seafoamed?

Or will all gasoline engines accept the treatment?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
Is there a link or some sort of reference guide for other vehicels that can be safely seafoamed?

Or will all gasoline engines accept the treatment?
AS far as i know you should be able to sea foam anything, even a lawnmower LOL
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kukri
Это очень хорошо!
R he pycckoe, R работаn tam =)

i think the http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm is the how to link
Old 01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if your concerned, go to autozone and read the back of the can
Old 02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

anyone in the LA/OC area in CA that can seafoam my car for me that has done it before?? i'd be willing to pay you for your time, and/or lunch, whatever, but my 96ss has 95K miles on it and i know the previous owner didint' take much care of it since it had a lot of minor and one major problem when i bought the car when it had like 90K miles on it. and i plan on catching it on videocam for the smoke show.

it doesn't have to be done pronto as of right now, just wondering if in the near future, i could get some assistance.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by jjyiz28
anyone in the LA/OC area in CA that can seafoam my car for me that has done it before?? i'd be willing to pay you for your time, and/or lunch, whatever, but my 96ss has 95K miles on it and i know the previous owner didint' take much care of it since it had a lot of minor and one major problem when i bought the car when it had like 90K miles on it. and i plan on catching it on videocam for the smoke show.

it doesn't have to be done pronto as of right now, just wondering if in the near future, i could get some assistance.
why not just do it yourself? it's not very hard, and the writeup is exactly step-by-step. if you can change your oil, you can seafoam your car. if you can't change your oil, may God help you
Old 02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

why not just do it yourself? it's not very hard, and the writeup is exactly step-by-step. if you can change your oil, you can seafoam your car. if you can't change your oil, may God help you

no i don't know how to change the oil. i did though with my 97 accord, with a friend, and it took hours, and the stuff overflowed onto his driveway. i also don't know if we overtighted or undertighted the bolt underneath, stuff like that. i just need someone to teach me once, so that in the future, i could do it myself.

Quick Reply: How To Seafoam Your Car