General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ernesto pissed on my carpet

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ernesto pissed on my carpet

This is my wifes car. a 2003 grand prix. Ernesto did a mild flood job on it. Camaro survived . there was an inch or so of water on the floor. We scooped out the standing water and i pulled the interior out and laid the carpet out on the pourch and its been there for half a week. almost dry. it has the thick foam insulation. it still hold a little water. It smells and I didnt get to pull the carpet out till three days later. SO IT SMELLS. While its hanging out on the pourch is there any good methods to this madness or any good cleaners? It was purified parking lot water...mmmm yummy. smells like mildew ish and i dont want something that will take the color out like bleach. any experienced flooders out there?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

febreeze that bitch
Old 09-09-2006, 02:51 PM

i had a problem with cat **** in my car when i bought it and i took out all of the interior and soaked the carpet area with Natures Miracle, took out all of the sents and still to this day dont smell. you can buy that at petsmart, or petco it comes in various size bottles
Old 09-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tainted
febreeze that bitch
Great, thats two votes. Wife says to try that as well. We gotta steam cleaner we used in conjunction with house breaking our american pit bull terrior. I think the game plan is (until someone comes up with something better) to steam clean the carpet first , that should take care of the surface smell and then buy stock in febreeze to soak the insulation and carpet with. I thought febreeze only masked the smell but I've just been informed that it eats up oder like eymzyns or something. Guess i didnt get the memo .
Old 09-09-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car was flooded you should call your car insurance company. They will most likely total the car out. Once large amounts of water get inside all sorts of bad things can happen and most insurance companies will total the car. Of course if you don't have insurance you're screwed. Pulling the whole interior out and letting it dry out in the sun might work but once mold starts growing forget it. It will stink forever and no amount of cover up will it keep it away forever.

I bought a flood car. Several over the years actually. The last one was my 02 Z. I pulled the entire interior dash and all and replaced everything. I have not had one issue with mold/odor. I wil be pulling th ewhole interior again soon to sound deaden it.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
If the car was flooded you should call your car insurance company. They will most likely total the car out. Once large amounts of water get inside all sorts of bad things can happen and most insurance companies will total the car. Of course if you don't have insurance you're screwed. Pulling the whole interior out and letting it dry out in the sun might work but once mold starts growing forget it. It will stink forever and no amount of cover up will it keep it away forever.

I bought a flood car. Several over the years actually. The last one was my 02 Z. I pulled the entire interior dash and all and replaced everything. I have not had one issue with mold/odor. I wil be pulling th ewhole interior again soon to sound deaden it.
True, even thought about it till I was imformed that I have a $500 deductable. I'm terrified to even look up the "NOS" price of new carpet. I was thinking febreeze will only cover up the smell which isnt bad...yet. Wife says otherwise. I'm thinking hydrogen peroxide. will that take the color out?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did anyone else think about "the big lebowski" when they read this title?

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the **** are you talking about?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
did anyone else think about "the big lebowski" when they read this title?

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the **** are you talking about?
, its been a while since I've seen that.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lunatik
True, even thought about it till I was imformed that I have a $500 deductable. I'm terrified to even look up the "NOS" price of new carpet. I was thinking febreeze will only cover up the smell which isnt bad...yet. Wife says otherwise. I'm thinking hydrogen peroxide. will that take the color out?
You have full coverage? Has the adjuster looked at it? If they will total it let them. flooded cars are nothing but trouble. I know I bought one ONCE it smelled ok for about a week then..blam the stench and mold.

Never had any electrical problems, but none the less it sucked. If you have to keep it, at least get an after market carpet etc.. that spray on stuff won't last. And yes peroxide will take the color out...bleach blonde

Sorry about your ride.