General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

this water leaking shit is pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this water leaking **** is pissing me off

Ok in my effort to stop these ******* leaks from hell, i pulled the trim piece off, pulled the carpet back in an attempt to find some leaks. Looks like I found part of the leak but it goes into the dash somewhere. I have t-top leaks aswell but I know where they are coming from and know how to fix that. It's just this damn passenger leak. No it's not the heater core, in the video it's obviously raining hard. I need to rip apart the dash and find this leak. Any suggestions where it's coming from? I need to stop this ****, it's making my car smell like *** and make's me feel like it's a piece of ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abyKCCH0vvY
Old 08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be a windshield leak. Might need to get it resealed all the way around.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

what's the easiest way to find out?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a friend and a hose, unplug your battery and carefull pour water on the car in certain areas while the other person is under looking for leaks. I did this with a trunk leak before and a flashlight. Take out the seats if you need to.

Make sure to only hose certain areas of the car and only a little bit at a time. This will help isolate where it is coming from.

Good luck!

Oh, pick up some silicone sealent that's what I use to fix most small leaks and it works well.

***edit*** my t-tops leak to, it's the price of awesome :-(
Old 08-24-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

damn I'm getting water in the weirdest spots. I found some at my fuse box cover and on the door. I'm going to take my glove box out and see if I can trace my bad leak.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do your windows move if you push on them or are they solid? My windows used to move whenever i put pressure on them especially the driver side. Took off the door panel and the tabs that put presssure on the window(window guides) one of them was broken so it wasn't putting pressure on the window and thats what was causeing my window to move if a leaned on it after i put the window guide back on window was solid and i don't have the leaks at least no anymore when i wash my car, it hasn't rained here yet. Good luck hoop this helps.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98boxer
Do your windows move if you push on them or are they solid? My windows used to move whenever i put pressure on them especially the driver side. Took off the door panel and the tabs that put presssure on the window(window guides) one of them was broken so it wasn't putting pressure on the window and thats what was causeing my window to move if a leaned on it after i put the window guide back on window was solid and i don't have the leaks at least no anymore when i wash my car, it hasn't rained here yet. Good luck hoop this helps.
what do the tabs look like, and where are they?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fortmyerspolice
what do the tabs look like, and where are they?
There at the top of the door, they have like a carpet alike part pushing on the window that makes it sturdy. You have to first remove the door panel to see them there two on each door. I mention these cause i replace one on each side of my doors and they really made a differnce and stopped the water leak when i wash my car.

Heres the part #10257988
Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98boxer
There at the top of the door, they have like a carpet alike part pushing on the window that makes it sturdy. You have to first remove the door panel to see them there two on each door. I mention these cause i replace one on each side of my doors and they really made a differnce and stopped the water leak when i wash my car.

Heres the part #10257988
I think that's the part that I'm missing on my driver's side. I believe I'm missing the one towards the rear of the door. Somehow.

It might be why I have a t-top leak as well but my t-top leaks at the front.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

messed with the window things, window is a little sturdier now. Put some silicone down at some spots around t-tops, will test once I have someone to spray the car down.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd check to make sure the rubber grommet is seated properly. It's where the wires come into the car under the glove box.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Dont think it's the grommet, it's dripping from somewhere up in the dash, there was a tear in the weatherstripping by the mirror, i patched it up so we'll see.

Quick Reply: this water leaking shit is pissing me off