Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Powerflo Catback

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Powerflo Catback

Anyone have this exhaust? I have heard sound clips, but curious about owner opinions. I am going with ARH and catted y-pipe. I would really like to be quiet(ish), but aggressive. I know this catback is super overpriced and I don't care as long as it sounds right. Any opinions?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

also curious...subscribing
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Launching!

bump...
Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i took upon myself and personally called SLP if they would do a Group Purhase
for this exhaust. And SLP told me to call New Era Performance, so i did and New Era gave me the OK to post a thread on here about the GP...And didn't hear a thing. I like the
catback to, it looks well thought out. I guess there's too many people are saving to bolt
on a waste of money FAST intake instead of a quality stainless steel CB. I dont work for
any of our sponsors i was just taking my time to get a nice part alittle more affordable
but oh well right....
Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

it is a Loudmouth catback with mufflers before the tips, You can upgrade loudmouth if you already have it.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

It's just a LoudMouth II with additional bullet-style mufflers added right before the tips. Any exhaust shop could recreate it or convert a LM2 setup for much less.

*** EDIT HMERacing beat me to the submit button!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Launching!

I think the problem is that nobody wants to pay $700 for an exhaust when you can get a Magnaflow for much less. I would buy the Magnaflow, but lots of people complain that its too quiet. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

Just get whatever you like. I still have a stock catback for staying under the radar. Cutout will go in this winter.

If you want to be able to choose between quiet and loud, get a cutout or an adjustable catback like Borla.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02BLACKTAWS6
I think the problem is that nobody wants to pay $700 for an exhaust when you can get a Magnaflow for much less. I would buy the Magnaflow, but lots of people complain that its too quiet. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
I agree about the Magnaflow, but alot of guys buy the Borla and thats more
than a SLP PowerFlo...i think the price is alittle high too..thats why i took my
time out ande started a 10% off GP for the SLP system. So thats around $630.00
Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Still is about $180 higher than the Magnaflow but its true its alittle too quiet. Its as quiet as stock when cruising even at part throttle. Man i miss my Borla now..lol. But guys have also complained that the Magnaflow has butt ugly tips..very true. and they stick out past the bumper too much. I was ready to get a Magnaflow until i personally see that everyone was talking about. I like the dual/dual SLP tips and they look good on the Camaro and WS6.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you can just buy a TSP Rumbler and add in a pair of mufflers like Borla stinger types to each tailpipe for less money.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

agree^^^

tsp rumbler-$249
2 addition dynomax bullets-$39.95/ea

total-$328.90
$300 cheaper than the slp
cheaper than magnaflow too.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking at the slp and hadn't heard any clips so I upgraded to the new magnaflow catback witht the expensive dual tips version for 600 shipped through heavy6.0 speed tweakers on here under the sponsor sales catback section. It was quiet but I was happy with it on lts and a catted Y.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Default SLP PowerFlo CB

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
agree^^^

tsp rumbler-$249
2 addition dynomax bullets-$39.95/ea

total-$328.90
$300 cheaper than the slp
cheaper than magnaflow too.
Is all those parts made of stainless? I know the SLP is alittle expensive, but so is Borla and Corsa and heavy as hell. Atleast the SLP system is all stainless
incuding all its mounting hardware. Plus it weighs about what a stock system weighs which is a plus to me and i like the dual/dual tips, the others are nice too. I know i only want to bolt on a catback once with a good looking and sounding system. Dynomax is got a nice muffler that replaces our stock muffler and it has a nice deep rumble and you can look right thru the mullfer. I heard it flows alittle over 900cfm even on our WS6 and SS piping which is 2.75" which is good. But i rather pay once for an exhaust component and buy everything in stainless and be done with it. Slp has to be ,i think, alittle more aggressive in their pricing. It hasn't been out long enough to charge a premium price. They should have a introductory pricing scheme to get people to gain interest. Not hit the public over the head as soon as its released unproven. But knowing its made by SLP that makes high quality parts, a company that GM trust to make the SS and Firehawk, i think they should price it for $575.00 to $595.00 in all fairness or less. Then if no one buys it at that pricing them people you are just being rediculous. A high flow CB is needed for even the smallest head/cam combo and it would be hundreds cheaper than Borla, Corsa, and most over the axle true duals that are stainless. And as i stated earlier, its a hell of a lot lighter than borla, corsa, and most if not all the aluminized systems. So with the GP in place that 10% off of $599.00 for a total of $60 for a total of $540.00 for a high flowing, polished mufflers and tips as well. Thats cheaper than what i payed for my first Borla in 1999 to 2000. That was $575.00. I talked with New Era seeing that if we can get enough orders is shipping will be at no extra charge, but i cant ask yet. I found it hard to believe that no one is interested...its not a loudmouth....the Loudmouth II muffler is put in there to cut down on hi frequency pulses, whicjh helps to cut down on rasp. And the 2 other mufflers give the system a deep muscular muscle car sound without rasp and less drone. I think for $530 it's a good deal...in my opinion its time to just stop posting over the same old
questions about what gains a FAST gives or where it leaks or not, the fact it splits or cracks...yada yada yada....Catbacks are bolt on and forget and get better with the more power you add...the same CAN NOT be said for the FAST. True independant testing shows on average of 12-15rwhp and some of
its gains a largely peak only, and they gain little or non on FI setups and can leak under boost or even split...how is this a quality part??? No way...and its nuts to watch people act like lambs, when 1 jumps off a cliff the others follow. Thats how FAST customers seem to remind me of...Someone will post a rediculous high dyno number and people without a moments thought whip out the credit card and buy away...but the thing is they show gains that the intake all by itself should make. But to get the 20rwhp that FAST claims you need to spend atleast $200.00 or more. Thats 1k for maybe 20rwhp??? Thats just out of hand. FAST themselves dont give you an idea what times you get at the track...So we have to spend a few hundered to have the intake port matched or whatever? Come on guys think what you can buy that cost the same or less that proves everytime that you will gain more. FAST will not admitt that the LS6 intake is pretty damn well designed. Plenty of cars running 10's with LS6 intakes, get the list, not too many FAST intakes in that list. I asked many times what guys gained on the track either in E.T. or MPH and got little to know answers....except 1 guy that said he gained 6 tenth, but further admitted other factors were involed that could have given him the gains not the intake. I think for 90% of us LS1 users will never need anything other than the stock LS6 intake. It's likely a cam will run out of rpm way before the intake becomes a major issue..i've seen LS6 intakes pull hard on bigger cube motors past 7,000 rpm. But i'm gonna keep in touch SLP and see what their future plans are. In this crazy economy every dollar counts, and the FAST setup is by far money well spend. And if the Weiand makes the power gains as claimed thats awesome and its unported making still a bigger investment, GM LS intakes do more than most of us will ever need....just holding a FAST in-hand it feels alittle cheap, not a solid piece like a stocker, and i hope the Weiand works out...It's made of good materials, a well planned out open plenum and aggressive style and slightly longer runners which help to promote more torque without losing any hp in the process. And its major gains are straight in the area where it will be best used. And all the **** talking from all the FAST lovers shows they are getting sweating palms and wishing the Street Warrior doesn;t either hit the streets for that it doesn't perform even close to what it's advertized...LOL. But no matter what you say about the Street Warrior atleat they spend the extra $.10 and built in a place so we can mount our MAP sensor...haha. And no seals to ever leak under boost and if it shows a gain with boost than the FAST should taken out back and shot..lol. Or take off the top piece and use it as a cat liter pan or turn the whole thing into a big bird feeder...lol. Let me get back on track....if anyone wants the SLP system just PM me with your info. so i can inform New Era and SLP. Take care all. Sorry to all about going off on the FAST intake,
it's almost like the Obama and McCain debate...ask Obama's people a question and his croonies get super defensive....similar to FAST owners..lol.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=WS6Jim;10361270]I was looking at the slp and hadn't heard any clips so I upgraded to the new magnaflow catback witht the expensive dual tips version for 600 shipped through heavy6.0 speed tweakers on here under the sponsor sales catback section. It was quiet but I was happy with it on lts and a catted Y.[/QUOTE

On SLP's site just follow the links to the new LS1 PowerFlo catback. They show 2 video's...the first is the new PowerFlo system...its a short video
but you can hear its not as raspy and loud as the second video with just the SLP Loudmouth. Notice how the new system has a deeper idle which is a plus.
Also realize that the yellow T/A they use is big head/cam deal so its gonna give you the impression that the new system isn't civil... like posted before i took the time out of my day to get a GP for this new SLP system...so you can either PM me or contact New Era Performance since thats where the GP and system will go thru..and we only need 6 people to get the 10% discount.
So take a look at SLP's site and listen at the kit...it sounds good and made of
high quality stuff. Take care and thanks for your interest in a good system.

Den Moran
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm thinkin about changing my lm2 out for the magnaflow system, plus I love there new tips
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Is all those parts made of stainless? I know the SLP is alittle expensive, but so is Borla and Corsa and heavy as hell. Atleast the SLP system is all stainless
incuding all its mounting hardware. Plus it weighs about what a stock system weighs which is a plus to me and i like the dual/dual tips, the others are nice too. I know i only want to bolt on a catback once with a good looking and sounding system. Dynomax is got a nice muffler that replaces our stock muffler and it has a nice deep rumble and you can look right thru the mullfer. I heard it flows alittle over 900cfm even on our WS6 and SS piping which is 2.75" which is good. But i rather pay once for an exhaust component and buy everything in stainless and be done with it. Slp has to be ,i think, alittle more aggressive in their pricing. It hasn't been out long enough to charge a premium price. They should have a introductory pricing scheme to get people to gain interest. Not hit the public over the head as soon as its released unproven. But knowing its made by SLP that makes high quality parts, a company that GM trust to make the SS and Firehawk, i think they should price it for $575.00 to $595.00 in all fairness or less. Then if no one buys it at that pricing them people you are just being rediculous. A high flow CB is needed for even the smallest head/cam combo and it would be hundreds cheaper than Borla, Corsa, and most over the axle true duals that are stainless. And as i stated earlier, its a hell of a lot lighter than borla, corsa, and most if not all the aluminized systems. So with the GP in place that 10% off of $599.00 for a total of $60 for a total of $540.00 for a high flowing, polished mufflers and tips as well. Thats cheaper than what i payed for my first Borla in 1999 to 2000. That was $575.00. I talked with New Era seeing that if we can get enough orders is shipping will be at no extra charge, but i cant ask yet. I found it hard to believe that no one is interested...its not a loudmouth....the Loudmouth II muffler is put in there to cut down on hi frequency pulses, whicjh helps to cut down on rasp. And the 2 other mufflers give the system a deep muscular muscle car sound without rasp and less drone. I think for $530 it's a good deal...in my opinion its time to just stop posting over the same old
questions about what gains a FAST gives or where it leaks or not, the fact it splits or cracks...yada yada yada....Catbacks are bolt on and forget and get better with the more power you add...the same CAN NOT be said for the FAST. True independant testing shows on average of 12-15rwhp and some of
its gains a largely peak only, and they gain little or non on FI setups and can leak under boost or even split...how is this a quality part??? No way...and its nuts to watch people act like lambs, when 1 jumps off a cliff the others follow. Thats how FAST customers seem to remind me of...Someone will post a rediculous high dyno number and people without a moments thought whip out the credit card and buy away...but the thing is they show gains that the intake all by itself should make. But to get the 20rwhp that FAST claims you need to spend atleast $200.00 or more. Thats 1k for maybe 20rwhp??? Thats just out of hand. FAST themselves dont give you an idea what times you get at the track...So we have to spend a few hundered to have the intake port matched or whatever? Come on guys think what you can buy that cost the same or less that proves everytime that you will gain more. FAST will not admitt that the LS6 intake is pretty damn well designed. Plenty of cars running 10's with LS6 intakes, get the list, not too many FAST intakes in that list. I asked many times what guys gained on the track either in E.T. or MPH and got little to know answers....except 1 guy that said he gained 6 tenth, but further admitted other factors were involed that could have given him the gains not the intake. I think for 90% of us LS1 users will never need anything other than the stock LS6 intake. It's likely a cam will run out of rpm way before the intake becomes a major issue..i've seen LS6 intakes pull hard on bigger cube motors past 7,000 rpm. But i'm gonna keep in touch SLP and see what their future plans are. In this crazy economy every dollar counts, and the FAST setup is by far money well spend. And if the Weiand makes the power gains as claimed thats awesome and its unported making still a bigger investment, GM LS intakes do more than most of us will ever need....just holding a FAST in-hand it feels alittle cheap, not a solid piece like a stocker, and i hope the Weiand works out...It's made of good materials, a well planned out open plenum and aggressive style and slightly longer runners which help to promote more torque without losing any hp in the process. And its major gains are straight in the area where it will be best used. And all the **** talking from all the FAST lovers shows they are getting sweating palms and wishing the Street Warrior doesn;t either hit the streets for that it doesn't perform even close to what it's advertized...LOL. But no matter what you say about the Street Warrior atleat they spend the extra $.10 and built in a place so we can mount our MAP sensor...haha. And no seals to ever leak under boost and if it shows a gain with boost than the FAST should taken out back and shot..lol. Or take off the top piece and use it as a cat liter pan or turn the whole thing into a big bird feeder...lol. Let me get back on track....if anyone wants the SLP system just PM me with your info. so i can inform New Era and SLP. Take care all. Sorry to all about going off on the FAST intake,
it's almost like the Obama and McCain debate...ask Obama's people a question and his croonies get super defensive....similar to FAST owners..lol.

If you had a dollar for every word you just typed you would have purchased the slp by now
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BlackNiteWS6;10373156]
Originally Posted by WS6Jim
I was looking at the slp and hadn't heard any clips so I upgraded to the new magnaflow catback witht the expensive dual tips version for 600 shipped through heavy6.0 speed tweakers on here under the sponsor sales catback section. It was quiet but I was happy with it on lts and a catted Y.[/QUOTE

On SLP's site just follow the links to the new LS1 PowerFlo catback. They show 2 video's...the first is the new PowerFlo system...its a short video
but you can hear its not as raspy and loud as the second video with just the SLP Loudmouth. Notice how the new system has a deeper idle which is a plus.
Also realize that the yellow T/A they use is big head/cam deal so its gonna give you the impression that the new system isn't civil... like posted before i took the time out of my day to get a GP for this new SLP system...so you can either PM me or contact New Era Performance since thats where the GP and system will go thru..and we only need 6 people to get the 10% discount.
So take a look at SLP's site and listen at the kit...it sounds good and made of
high quality stuff. Take care and thanks for your interest in a good system.

Den Moran
I wish I had the money right now. I would jump all over the GP. I just can't afford it till spring.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Holy Post Batman!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Holy Post Batman!
Samething i was thinking LOL.

All this over a damn catback. Get some duals and be done with it

Quick Reply: SLP Powerflo Catback