Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to get everything on the intake

your going to have to make custom brackets for the fuel rails if u dont buy the eld rails cause the mount holes are spaced farther forward and backward to all the ohter intakes imagine that

your going to have to extend the wiring on the map sensor and tb sensors and make custom lines for the pvc system and brake boster hoses and evap hose
Attached Thumbnails New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-090.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-091.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-093.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-094.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

cutting is in order of the pics

take off the plastic trim and remove wipers forget about runing this intake if u want wipers not going to happen unles u shimmed the kmember and trany so much your car looks like its doing a wheele down the road

i kinda set the intake in their up against the crowl in place and marked it close to where i was going to cut then pulled it out and did some measuring i ended up cuting about 8 inches across and all the back to the firewall

youll have to cut threw some of the bracing for the wiper assembly

its preety much a strait shot back on the drivers side but on the pass side i went next to crowl windsheild brace and cut all the way back and them came back and cut about 2 to 3 inches out of the front of the brace to clear the map sensor and then went all the way to the back and cut parellel with the firewall in about an inch and then took a small hamer and bent that upward or else the intake would not sit flat the last step is the only one i dont have a pic of but i think youll understand when u look at the pics

going to have to have a crowl hood the intake hits wear the back of the hood sits down

tools used was small air cuting wheel, offset tins snips might be hard for some people to use these but i work with them everyday so i can do wonders with them, small hack saw, file, pillers, small body hammer, and lots of patients

i dont think im forgeting anything but if u have questons post them and ill try to keep up on them some times threads move fast this one seems its dying down
Attached Thumbnails New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-086.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-087.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-088.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-092.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

more pics
Attached Thumbnails New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-097.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-098.jpg   New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST-picture-099.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

very nice. any pics of the map sensor area? thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if the windshield was any lower then that wouldn't fit and I hope you have solid mounts. I'm ready to see it buttoned up to see how you did it. Looks pretty wicked in there.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

looks like it would kill low end
Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
very nice. any pics of the map sensor area? thanks
its kinda tight im going to take alittle bit more out tomarow ill get u more pics
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
So if the windshield was any lower then that wouldn't fit and I hope you have solid mounts. I'm ready to see it buttoned up to see how you did it. Looks pretty wicked in there.
i have all poly mounts but that motor dosent move at all and yes its very close to the windsheild u could shim the kmember but i dont feal like doing that
Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captain_Stabbin
hopfully well find out soon but that dosent matter to me i come outa the hole at 4 grand on the street
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have you tried closing the hood yet ?

now i know why i got a goat , more hood room , lol

looks pretty good so far !!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

longer runner = more low end , which is why its tall like a truck intake , the intakes power range is 1500-6500 according to edelbrock
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsjustaSB
to get everything on the intake

your going to have to make custom brackets for the fuel rails if u dont buy the eld rails cause the mount holes are spaced farther forward and backward to all the ohter intakes imagine that

your going to have to extend the wiring on the map sensor and tb sensors and make custom lines for the pvc system and brake boster hoses and evap hose
Thanks for posting pics of your intake install. Hope it's worth all the cutting for you.

So, even for a truck, it's either buy Edelbrock fuel rails or fabricate custom brackets also rest of hoses and wires.

I am thinking to get this intake for my truck to go with TR224 and TFS215. Do you think it is worth it, performance wise, to swap from stock truck intake to this Edelbrock intake?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
have you tried closing the hood yet ?

now i know why i got a goat , more hood room , lol

looks pretty good so far !!!!
my ultra z hood clears the front of it alright but the back of the hood hits the intake plenum i have to either take it to my body man and have him cut out for it or buy a crowl hood
Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Denali08
Thanks for posting pics of your intake install. Hope it's worth all the cutting for you.

So, even for a truck, it's either buy Edelbrock fuel rails or fabricate custom brackets also rest of hoses and wires.

I am thinking to get this intake for my truck to go with TR224 and TFS215. Do you think it is worth it, performance wise, to swap from stock truck intake to this Edelbrock intake?
i think so i had these speed rails on my bbk which is the same as the ls6 and fast as for as mounting but it wasnt that hard to do the brackets if u look around on here there was someone selling some for it to tell u truth i dont know the performance on this intake one guy tested it so well find out i just really wanted it for looks wise and im preety sure it will gain some power by looking at it
Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Can you see next weeks Power Ball numbers too?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah my speed inc rails didnt fit the vic jr i got , woulda rather kept my blue rails , but the vic jr i got had the rails with it , so i just went that way

sucks the back of the hood doesnt clear , im also cutting the fiberglass hood on my goat to fit the carb hat and intake tube
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

think of it as a kind of efi tunnel ram

looking good itsjustaSB
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i keep forgetting to ask itsjustasb , the throttle cable bracket in the pics of the intake , is that 1 that came with the intake ? or was it extra ? it looks like it would line up better than the 1 ive got on my vic jr
Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
i keep forgetting to ask itsjustasb , the throttle cable bracket in the pics of the intake , is that 1 that came with the intake ? or was it extra ? it looks like it would line up better than the 1 ive got on my vic jr
ya it came with the intake
Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Congratulations you just drove a square peg into a round hole. Installing that intake on to an F body is the equivalent of removing your brakes for the weight savings. That hacking just killed the car, both structurally and esthetically. There are better intakes out there that fit guys. Although, I guess you can’t tell your friends that it makes 3000hp with an intake that fits.

Quick Reply: New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST