Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s/c'd cav
geee you live in a small world

Not really. The F-Body, Vette, and GTO comprise what.......atleast 85% of all the vehicles that use this engine? Or atleast that would be putting on this intake. There are plenty of swaps and conversions, but its a small percentage.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

are you kidding? there are way more trucks and street rods with these motors than camaros. remember they quit making f-bodies 7 years ago... You really think Edelbrock didn't test the waters before dedicating millions of dollars into tooling and R&D? ask GM performance or Scoggin dickey how many crate motors they sell a year? All the old timer street rod guys hate the plastic intakes. They want the old high rise tunnel ram style aluminum intake look. Besides that, the racers will love the intake for it's aluminum construction and weldability (as in extra injectors). Not to mention this bitch looks 100% better under the hood of my car than the factory stuff.

There really is no reason to debate this. If you own a late model F-body, Vette or GTO just consider this intake NOT for you! You don't bitch when Edelbrock comes out with a new Honda intake do you? Ofcoarse not, because it has nothing to do with your car.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

couldnt have said it any better , thank you d-man

if i didnt get the deal i did on the vic jr and 4 barrel tb , i would bought this 1 for my gto , done a few mods , added a cowl hood , called it a day

but then im old school , MODIFYING something is 2nd nature to me , most people now , think modifying means bolting up a new part , and going down the road
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

would like some pics installed on truck,
thx
Old 04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

whats scarey to me is none of the shops will post results. Maybe they will after most of there investment is shipped out to customers.
My Nova runs better the harder I turn it. That is with the truck intake with the small tb. My setup needs something like this intake to take advantage of 7200 rpm's.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

damn, impatient people.. . buy one and test it yourself

while these things do bolt on to the motor it still requires you to do some mods.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

well I do recall WCCH saying that they were going to be testing once they got them. Then no test were posted.

I believe it will work also but it would be nice to see shops that do independent testing.

I will be getting one but I am in the process of painting the Nova . when that is done I will get one.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Fuel rail covers won't fit with this intake will they?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tim @ EAD Performance
For everyone interested, I WILL have a dyno posted on Wednesday, April 15th of this manifold on a Silverado SS with a 414 motor. If my tuner isn't too busy, I'll have back to back dynos with a FAST 90mm (non ported) also.
Did i miss anything? I don't see any numbers. I agree to the theory of "quit bitchin' and test it urself," but i'm a broke ***.. any non-broke asses wanna take the ball n run with it?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

For everyone interested, I WILL have a dyno posted on Wednesday, April 15th of this manifold on a Silverado SS with a 414 motor. If my tuner isn't too busy, I'll have back to back dynos with a FAST 90mm (non ported) also.
Any good news? It's April 16.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Launching!

wow this is nice. Im looking into hetting 1.The fast just to simple for the money
Old 04-20-2009, 04:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GIGAPUNK
Where was the cowl on the CTS-v hitting the intake?
If it was that stupid lip above the throttle body mounting surface, you could probably just trim it down?
We checked it out and it would need more than just the lip trimmed down. Bob
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
MASS seller approved

Sorry about taking so long to get the dyno up. It's been busy here.

Here is the exact same motor, but in my Camaro with an LS2 intake.

http://www.eadperformance.com/35thvideos/408dyno.jpg

and a comparison of the two side by side:

http://www.eadperformance.com/35thvi...comparison.jpg

I'm extremely happy with the results, I went from a Camaro with a M6 and 4.10 gears, to a Silverado SS with a much heavier drivetrain (4L65E, transfer case, steel driveshaft, heavier rear end, and stock wheels/tires that weigh 90lb each) and still picked up over 20hp over the drivetrain losses. The motor was also just rebuilt and had 0 miles on it, so it should gain even more HP after it breaks in. When the Camaro was dynoed, it probably had about 15,000 miles on it.

Engine specs are in my sig.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

gigidy
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

very nice thanks for posting some results
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

I went from a Camaro with a M6 and 4.10 gears, to a Silverado SS with a much heavier drivetrain (4L65E, transfer case, steel driveshaft, heavier rear end, and stock wheels/tires that weigh 90lb each) and still picked up over 20hp over the drivetrain losses. The motor was also just rebuilt and had 0 miles on it, so it should gain even more HP after it breaks in. When the Camaro was dynoed, it probably had about 15,000 miles on it.
Great numbers with this new intake!!!

Wait til the f-body crowd finds out this intake is a great performer and they are really gonna go nuts (since it won't fit their cars), lol.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

damn. It is a hard thing to really compare because of all the variables that changed, but you (Tim@EADperformance) did a good job of explaining the comparison. So as you said, with the following working against it..manual tranny to an automatic, heavier driveshaft, rear end, wheels, and motor wasnt broken in....it still picked up 23hp peaking 200rpms later as well as 10lbs of torque 100rpms sooner.
Very nice!!!

I think we have a winner here, gentleman. I cant wait to see some more comparisons, especially on the same car between different intakes. Also, i want to see if it is determined that this intake can be ported to pick up more.

When its all said and done, i am betting that on a head\cam\header LS2 with all the bolt ons, this intake manifold picks up 30+hp and 20+ lbs of torque over the ls2 intake, and perhaps slightly edges out the Fast. If that does happen, i am betting many people say "ahhh, F it!" and do a lil trimming or cutting to get this intake to fit their cars. I would.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very nice numbers !!!

im already cutting up a hood to clear the vic jr and tb and carb hat , and the amount of room im cutting in the hood should clear for this intake also

if im not happy with the vic jr , this is still my next choice
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
MASS seller approved

There's plenty of material for porting. If I remember right, the intake ports were .030" smaller than my ported AFR intake ports. They would probably be very close to a standard ported head size.

Even though the company names are different on the dyno sheets, it was in fact the same dyno and the same guy doing the tuning.

I'm going back on Wednesday and going to see if I can get an overlay of the new dyno over the old dyno in the Camaro. Make for an easier comparison.

And for the price, I don't think this intake can be beat. Only problem most people will have is making it fit, but for truck or TBSS applications, it will bolt right on. Just need to slot the holes in the throttlebody as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

damn. Thanks for the info.

i wonder what kind of modding will need to be done to make it fit a GTO?

Quick Reply: New Edelbrock LSx Intake Manifold at SEMA, claiming much more power than FAST