Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alittle ls6 intake buying help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reuse your stock coolant pipes. All you need to do is chisel off the ribs on the bottom of the LS6 intake.

Its free and provides better cooling to cylinder #7.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Corvette intakes do not come with the bosses. SLP put them in there for you.

How stupid would SLP be for selling you a $600 stock intake that you had to work on before you put in on your car.

I had a CTSV that I sold the intake off of and I can tell you that it was a 3572 with no bosses. I also know people who have had to modify there's.
Oh I see, what I call the boss is the structural molded in support and you're calling the threaded brass inserts the bosses. But it doesn't matter, I've seen factory 3572 manifolds with the brass inserts installed.

And this guy doesn't know what he's talking about either
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...72-intake.html
Here's another one at post # 15
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s6-intake.html
Look here at post 8
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ntake-ls6.html

Last edited by jg rider; 04-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jg rider
Oh I see, what I call the boss is the structural molded in support and you're calling the threaded brass inserts the bosses. But it doesn't matter, I've seen factory 3572 manifolds with the brass inserts installed.

And this guy doesn't know what he's talking about either
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...72-intake.html
Here's another one at post # 15
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...s6-intake.html
Look here at post 8
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ntake-ls6.html
Yes, I mean the insert. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as the ones you've seen with them, assuming that you have, are probably no different than the one you have. Someone just put them there after the fact.

Then you go on to post 3 threads that do no back you up one bit. The first post is a guy asking a question just like this thread. Proves nothing.

The second link (post 15) is someone claim that there intake came from a Z06 (while giving no part numbers) followed by post 16 where the guy says his doesn't have the inserts.

The third one is another just asking about part numbers. Jeb99TA does mention that his wife's car is an 02 f-body with a Z06 intake. Could be that they ran low on f-body intakes in the factory and just borrowed a corvette one. Or someone just swapped it on there for some reason. And before you asked why anyone would do this, I stuck my f-body intake on my CTSV because I had installed a FAST90 on the V and sold the original then decided to move the stuff over to my WS6 and sell my V.

There is no difference in the intakes otherwise, so why would GM just a different part number for the same thing and only put 1182s on f-bodys and 3572s on vettes? If they were the same then they probably would have only had one part number or would both should be common on either car.

Like I said a few posts back, buying a 3572 may or may not come with the inserts depending on the history of the intake, but more than likely it won't.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jon i ended up getting that 3572 off ebay and it does have the fittings for the throttle cable mount
Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool deal. There is actually another 3 part numbers for the LS6 intake, 1182, 1184 and 3572. I did a little reading on it and it seems towards the end of the fbodys they got a little bit of everything.

So it may be less likely to get one without the inserts than I thought, but they are out there.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Launching!

It's possible that the 3752 style with inserts is year dependent? I bought a new "take-off" LS6 with the 3752 part# from SMC Performance and it has the brass inserts and came with the cable bracket. The receipt states 2001-2005...
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mikey67
It's possible that the 3752 style with inserts is year dependent? I bought a new "take-off" LS6 with the 3752 part# from SMC Performance and it has the brass inserts and came with the cable bracket. The receipt states 2001-2005...
Looking back I've tried to find pictures of my CTSV intake. I may have been mistaken about the number. It may have been an 1182.

I did find pictures of 2 other LS6 intakes that I was trying to sell. One was an 1184 off of my WS6. The other was an 1182 from a Z06 where I got a hell of a deal on the intake and TB. I resold the intake and I remember specifically that it didn't have the inserts because I didn't really want to advertise that it didn't have them.

So it's possible that the 3572s have the inserts and it's the 1182s that don't have them.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was told the one i bought came off of a 02 SS
Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Hey Shorty 98 TA
I could have told you that the inserts would have been there, but I felt I would have been shouted down by the great know it all.

I may not have 2000 + posts under my belt because I only post what I know to be fact or as close to it as I can get. Not to see myself in print

Now to clear the air with JonCR96Z

What the **** ever, dude. That's how they come, if it's modified then who cares.
But now you know that they come from the factory. You gave bad advice

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Corvette intakes do not come with the bosses. SLP put them in there for you.
Now who doesn't know what they're talking about

I can't help myself. This guy bought a modified part so that makes him an expert on how it came stock.
You need to listen and maybe learn instead of spouting off at the mouth. I never claimed to be an expert. I gave my observations. You're the one that claims to be an expert

Then you go on to post 3 threads that do no back you up one bit. The first post is a guy asking a question just like this thread. Proves nothing.

The second link (post 15) is someone claim that there intake came from a Z06 (while giving no part numbers) followed by post 16 where the guy says his doesn't have the inserts.

The third one is another just asking about part numbers. Jeb99TA does mention that his wife's car is an 02 f-body with a Z06 intake. Could be that they ran low on f-body intakes in the factory and just borrowed a corvette one. Or someone just swapped it on there for some reason.
One thread was an answer from Texas Speed, who is a sponsor here, and a LSX parts distributor to a question about cable hook up on a 3571 manifold.
The second was from a guy who said he got a 3572 manifold off of a ZO6 and it had the fittings
The third was from a guy who says his wife's T/A has the 3572 manifold
But I guess your ego can't accept, that other people may know something

As far as the ones you've seen with them, assuming that you have, are probably no different than the one you have. Someone just put them there after the fact.
FYI the 3572 manifold wasn't only a 2002 Corvette manifold. But what was I thinking. I should have known better then to try discuss anything with someone that knows it all. REmember these famous words, IMHO, IIRC, I think, I'm not sure but, and the big one "I could be wrong"
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mikey67
IIRC the inserts were available from year one of the LS6 manifolds.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jg rider
Hey Shorty 98 TA
I could have told you that the inserts would have been there, but I felt I would have been shouted down by the great know it all.

I may not have 2000 + posts under my belt because I only post what I know to be fact or as close to it as I can get. Not to see myself in print

Now to clear the air with JonCR96Z

But now you know that they come from the factory. You gave bad advice

Now who doesn't know what they're talking about

You need to listen and maybe learn instead of spouting off at the mouth. I never claimed to be an expert. I gave my observations. You're the one that claims to be an expert

One thread was an answer from Texas Speed, who is a sponsor here, and a LSX parts distributor to a question about cable hook up on a 3571 manifold.
The second was from a guy who said he got a 3572 manifold off of a ZO6 and it had the fittings
The third was from a guy who says his wife's T/A has the 3572 manifold
But I guess your ego can't accept, that other people may know something

FYI the 3572 manifold wasn't only a 2002 Corvette manifold. But what was I thinking. I should have known better then to try discuss anything with someone that knows it all. REmember these famous words, IMHO, IIRC, I think, I'm not sure but, and the big one "I could be wrong"
I did confuse my intake with a 3572, I've had 2 ls6 intakes in my possession that didn't have the inserts.

Aside from that mistake on my part. Replace the number "3572" with "1182" in my posts and everything I said still stands.

And what's the hang up on my 2000 posts? I mean I've only been a member on this board for over 8 years. That's less than one post a day. I must be a post ***** that just says whatever to get my post count up, huh?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I did confuse my intake with a 3572, I've had 2 ls6 intakes in my possession that didn't have the inserts.

Aside from that mistake on my part. Replace the number "3572" with "1182" in my posts and everything I said still stands.

And what's the hang up on my 2000 posts? I mean I've only been a member on this board for over 8 years. That's less than one post a day. I must be a post ***** that just says whatever to get my post count up, huh?
Hey dude
You still don't get it, it's your attitude, it sucks
Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK Yea I just bought a 12573572 and it came with the bracket too. So How do I get that Brass fitting installed into my manifold for the EGR? Is there a DIY someplace that i can't find?

Last edited by LS1121; 05-23-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old thread? I looked at my LS6, which came off a 2002 Trans Am, it has casting 12573572 and it does have the brass bosses for the bracket.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Old thread? I looked at my LS6, which came off a 2002 Trans Am, it has casting 12573572 and it does have the brass bosses for the bracket.
I just got rid of the EGR, too much hassle.

Quick Reply: Alittle ls6 intake buying help