Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

energy suspension mot. mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default energy suspension mot. mounts

did any one install energy suspension motor mounts on thier ls1 while doing a header install? Im having troule with the clam shell not wanting to line up with the block when i turn it one direction but then when i flip it it just about lines up fine. but when i do it the second way the metal tab that sticks out from the mount faces the front of the car is that alright or no?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if I'm understanding your experience, but that metal backing plate supplied with the ES mount will not allow enough clearance to allow the motor to lower properly between the mounts.
I know that the package reads that you 'must use' the backing plates. In any install I've read about which uses ES mounts, the backing plate was not used. This allowed the motor to sit at the correct height and line up properly between the mounts.
Hope this is what you're looking for.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do a search on here for motor mount installs. There are a ton to point you in the right direction.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Gmag im not sure were understand one another im refering to the clam shell holes not lining up with the motor mount holes im not sure if the backing plate you're talking about is somthing entirley different that came with es mm's but mine es mm's only came with four washers bolts nuts and two motor mounts, the metal insert inside the motor mount that the 18motor mm bolt for the mm's to go through is too long and not letting me properly line the clam shell up to the motor.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Take the whole mount out of the car and bolt the clam shell in it then mount it back to the car/engine
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Babage I've looked through just about every mm instal write up believe me when I say I don't post with out first searching. Im looking for people who have installed es mm's not prothanes mm's. Mostly everyone on here has used prothane.... im finding out why now, as im into day two of just trying to get the motor mounts right.... I've already broken one clam shell bolt off in my block and cross threaded and rounded the head off another thanks for the. Constructive criticism but I know how to do a search about mm installs.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry bab just saw your message reply after I posted mine. Im gonna probably have to drop the k member anyway to get the damn broken bolt out so im just gonna foregoe the bs with these energy suspension mms and just call prothane on Monday have some sent out to me while im trying to extract the bolt from the block
Old 11-04-2011, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

I took the whole mount out. Mount and pedistal when I did mine. Granted I went with solids but I have had the prothanes and ik it's confusing the tab goes on the bottom with the flat side to the block.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I took the whole mount out. Mount and pedistal when I did mine. Granted I went with solids but I have had the prothanes and ik it's confusing the tab goes on the bottom with the flat side to the block.
yea im gonna pull the clams apart on monday ive gotta easy out that cross threaded bolt tomorrow and monday ill pull the clams back apart and get some prothanes over nighted, anybody know of any sponsors here that sell the prothane mounts? Ive Made sooo much more work than i inteded to make for my self.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Ws6store has some. I think I saw some in the classified the other day too
Old 11-05-2011, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFox69
Gmag im not sure were understand one another im refering to the clam shell holes not lining up with the motor mount holes im not sure if the backing plate you're talking about is somthing entirley different that came with es mm's but mine es mm's only came with four washers bolts nuts and two motor mounts, the metal insert inside the motor mount that the 18motor mm bolt for the mm's to go through is too long and not letting me properly line the clam shell up to the motor.
I see what you're saying, now.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by babbage1109
thank you for the pic!

Quick Reply: energy suspension mot. mounts