Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Headers & Y install pics; FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts

Got my headers in last night, they look amazing. What kind of header bolts did you use? I'm bought some stainless Gardner-Westcott bolts from summit.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I actually reused my old stock ones. No leaks, no backing out so far.

In the future I'll be getting Pearcy's Split Locks.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

The splitlocks are nice, I got them for my Dads 78 vette. I can't justify the price for them on my car though lol.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the thread i been looking for. i want to do the tsp ss long tubes ive got a totally bone stock 01 ss this is my second f bod i got it off a 55 year old man with 60,000 miles. cars beautiful i wann do everything rite and nice quality.
so its got the slp dd cat back that should be no prob to hook rite up to the tsp y right?
so from tsp u get the gaskets and all clamps but u upgraded all clamps i would prop do the same correct?.
now where im sketchy is doing the cat delete and air pump delete what o2 hook up or extensions i need and all this **** from the air pump what to block off what exactly to take out how to leave it bassically.
i also cant stand ses lights or anything like that with the cat delete im gooing to need to get a mail order tune to get the lights off?? also i heard its good to get a tune anyway with headers

thanks in advance cause i wanna have everything sorted out for this install
-glenn
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Hi Glenn,

Your stock catback should be 2.75, and the TSP ORY is 2.75, so you'll have no issues there.

TSP will send you 2 band clamps, so you'll only need the ones for the Y and the catback attachment.

You can do O2 extensions, or you can swap a few pins in the PCM and turn your rear O2's into your front O2's. (Takes all of 15 minutes)

For deleting the air, you can either take the pump out completely, or just disconnect some of the hose. How far you want to take it is up to you. I completely removed mine; It's just 4 bolts underneath the driver's side front bumper.

As far as a tune, I'm still untuned at the moment, but I'll be sending my PCM to Frost next week for his mail order. You CAN NOT beat his price.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, post em up!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWONDER3
this is the thread i been looking for. i want to do the tsp ss long tubes ive got a totally bone stock 01 ss this is my second f bod i got it off a 55 year old man with 60,000 miles. cars beautiful i wann do everything rite and nice quality.
so its got the slp dd cat back that should be no prob to hook rite up to the tsp y right?
so from tsp u get the gaskets and all clamps but u upgraded all clamps i would prop do the same correct?.
now where im sketchy is doing the cat delete and air pump delete what o2 hook up or extensions i need and all this **** from the air pump what to block off what exactly to take out how to leave it bassically.
i also cant stand ses lights or anything like that with the cat delete im gooing to need to get a mail order tune to get the lights off?? also i heard its good to get a tune anyway with headers

thanks in advance cause i wanna have everything sorted out for this install
-glenn
You first need to spend a couple hrs reading the stickys. Their tons of writeups on air/egr removal, everything you need to know about installing headers. All your answers are right their...It makes it easier to then ask the questions your unsure of
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM

hrs... **** ive spent days reading all that stuff ur rite i know. i just wanted to jump on this thread and get some live feed back thats all thanks guys.
yeah i only wanted to get the tune because i was gonna throw codes for having no rear o2s rite? can frost tune that out so i have no ses lights on? and does he tune anything for removeing the air pump. the price is great with his mail order tune i love it.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Yes, you will throw codes (no affect on performance though) and he can tune out your rear O2's, as well as the AIR delete. It's all included in the price.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM

nice gotta start ordering my stuff next week. send out the computer. and tell my friend i need take over his garage for a few days. haha. he doesnt like keepin the c5 outside but hes got that ls1 love for my car thow.
so i guess i got everything covered.
pull all the air **** out and plug the one vacume line in my intake manifold and the hole in my air box.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I sent him my pcm yestarday for the second time... For my LTs, Duals, LS6, P/P Tb that just got installed..I also got rid of my air/egr and rear o2s...His tune takes care of all that. If you have any questions he responds quickly to e-mails/pms as well.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Since my car has been down for a couple of weeks, I installed my TSP 1 7/8" headers the other night. The passenger side was way to easy. The driverside took a bit of elbow grease but after my firewall got alil love from my BFH, (and jacking the engine to the sky, removing the oil filter, cursing, everything already covered in this thread) all was well. Clearance is tight after the install but they fit and look great.

Now I'm patiently waiting for their 3" stainless Ory to come back in stock (says end of March). For now, I have about 2 feet of pipe pointing outward off of each header.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Sweet. I actually wouldn't mind hearing that, lol.

What motor mounts did you go with?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not as loud as I thought it would be but everything rattles on the interior. Went with poly mounts. The car vibrates more than enough with the cam, can't imagine it with solid mounts lol.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Where are you located? I wouldn't mind meeting up for sum friendly runs. Did you remove the steering arm and oil drain plug when install driver side header?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:26 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I myself did. Was really easy.

I'm in Broussard just off the Ambassador extension.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Good afternoon Dr! Taking the beast out today for the first time since 11/11, hitting the cruise in at bay st louis...

Old 03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Looks good! looks like those TSP manifolds fit nice
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LaBLKv6Z
Since my car has been down for a couple of weeks, I installed my TSP 1 7/8" headers the other night. The passenger side was way to easy. The driverside took a bit of elbow grease but after my firewall got alil love from my BFH, (and jacking the engine to the sky, removing the oil filter, cursing, everything already covered in this thread) all was well. Clearance is tight after the install but they fit and look great.

Now I'm patiently waiting for their 3" stainless Ory to come back in stock (says end of March). For now, I have about 2 feet of pipe pointing outward off of each header.
i cant wait till i do mine!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't drain my oil or remove the steering shaft, probably why I had to beat on my firewall a little.

I found that one of the driverside primary tubes was hitting on the k-member. I wedged a 1x2 block in between the k-member and header using a pry bar, then started with a 1/4" bit and stepped it to a 7/16" or so, until I had a nice notch in the area where it was hitting. Overall I'm happy with these headers, they look great.

I'm down the road from Dr. Whigham, close to the Kart ranch.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by got milk??
Looks good, from one Marine to another please be careful using 2x4s under the K like that. If you need more lift get a 2x12 cut it down and throw one under each stand.

Now for the question, think there will be an issue running a aftermarket intake in the future because of the lost clearance?
Or.... We could take our collective asses to that auto hobby shop... The ones in Lejune and Yuma are awesome. But between you and I and every other Marine on here, **** MCCS!

Quick Reply: TSP Headers & Y install pics; FINALLY