Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with TSP rumbler bullet true duals *with cats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with TSP rumbler bullet true duals *with cats?

Anyone running TSP's rumbler true duals with bullets and cats? I'd love to pickup that true dual setup but I know that it'd be too loud for my neighborhood and would want to weld in some cats. Can anyone direct me to a video or post up a video of their catted TSP bullet true dual setup? It'd be much appreciated!

-Marcus
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know...the duals are not that bad. Idle sounds just right, down low rpm cruising is perfect, it's wot or close to that is loud.. or cammed of course. I think too many people are under the assumption that true duals sound like open headers which is not the case. If you were to go from loudmouth, corsa, or any other louder catbacks to duals...It's not THAT dramatic. It simply sounds "better" imao. If you don't need cats don't get them. Get the system on their first..see how you like it, then decide. Honestly I wish mine were just a tad louder.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by justin hover
Ya know...the duals are not that bad. Idle sounds just right, down low rpm cruising is perfect, it's wot or close to that is loud.. or cammed of course. I think too many people are under the assumption that true duals sound like open headers which is not the case. If you were to go from loudmouth, corsa, or any other louder catbacks to duals...It's not THAT dramatic. It simply sounds "better" imao. If you don't need cats don't get them. Get the system on their first..see how you like it, then decide. Honestly I wish mine were just a tad louder.
Yea that's a good idea, when I pickup true duals I'll see how it is before I immediately get cats. I'd still like to see how they sound in comparison though.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sure their alittle quieter...but as you know...trying to listen to exhaust over a pc does no justice... No matter how many clips I whatched/listened to, it didn't do anything until it was installed. An example is that over the pc you hear the roar right their in your lap... In person you can hear that same roar echo a quarter mile away... and it sends shock waves right through you..
Anyway GL..
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

I dont have the rumbler but i am running cats with my tds. It didnt change the loudness much on the system but it did take out alot of the smell, which is what i was wanting. I feel they made the exhaust more refined sounding not necessarily quieter. It is still nice and deep at idle and loud enough at wot, with no rasp or drone that can come with tds, but my mufflers help that more than the cats did. I am running the borla proxs mufflers. if you are worried about loudness i would look more into picking the right mufflers Or combination of mufflers and not the cats, and running them out the back helps to.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Teching In

I just had the Kooks LT's and true dual setup installed on my car and was worried about noise as well. Turns out the setup w/cats is no louder than the LM1 exhaust I had on the car. It just sounds a hell of a lot nicer and drone free.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran open headers for a few days until I installed the Texas Speed True Dual system with Bullets and let me tell you, it's night and day difference. True duals is not near as loud as open headers are. The duals sound great and at idle, isn't really that loud. I wouldn't worry about running cats unless you have to.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

So adding cats doesn't do too much in an effort to quiet it? I'm sure it serves it purpose to get rid of the smell (as stated) and I bet it takes out a lot of the rasp and creates a refined tone (as you also stated). I can't wait until I pick up TD's... like I said I'll try it out w/o cats first and try to get a sound clip up.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rasp???? That's what you'll get with a y-pipe/catback setup.. Their is absoulutly no rasp when it comes to duals. That's the one of the best things about running duals. Running them out the back will tone them down as well.. I haven't smelled any gas yet, but it's also not the prime of summer. When/if you throw a cam in....thats when you might want to consider cats...
Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justin hover
Rasp???? That's what you'll get with a y-pipe/catback setup.. Their is absoulutly no rasp when it comes to duals. That's the one of the best things about running duals. Running them out the back will tone them down as well.. I haven't smelled any gas yet, but it's also not the prime of summer. When/if you throw a cam in....thats when you might want to consider cats...
What about td lm1's?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
What about td lm1's?
Sorry sorry...MOST dual setups...anything with the letters LM of course have rasp... Seriously though, duals comparably to y/catbacks are usually a one shot deal.. Too many y setups looking for other bullet mufflers to install in the I pipe to eliminate rasp, or the y merge, too many variables... Alot of catbacks can go to **** after LT's.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Gotcha, I've had no experience with duals so I'm assuming things... but yes, loudmouth resonators just have a **** reputation once you get longtubes, I'm sure they'd sound nice with duals though.

Quick Reply: Anyone with TSP rumbler bullet true duals *with cats?