Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering Race Version Headers Now Available!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Lets set this straight here and now, I never threatened you in any way shape or form, I never said I would leave negative feedback. My exact words were don't expect "positive feedback" That does not mean I'm giving you a negative or neutral feedback...it means you will not be getting positive feedback.
As far as me not recommending this header to anyone who is looking for headers, Well I don't typically recommend people buy products that I wasn't happy with.
Like I said in my earlier post, Had I read through several pages to the post that mentioned the problem I would have ordered the revised headers instead of these. I posted about grinding the bung down in my post above before I saw your E-bay reply and that is probably the easiest way to fix the situation.
When I contacted you on e-bay It wasn't to get a partial refund, It wasn't to ask for a full refund. It was to point out that you sent me a product with an obvious defect that wasn't mentioned in the description.

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Appreciate it thanks. Will do..

LLLosingit: Thanks for the comments about leaving negitive feedback on ebay and commenting about not ever sending anyone our way because of the bung being to far in. :/ I set you another message on ebay about exchanging them for the new batch if your interested.

Sean
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your comments. Your peace has been heard. The O2 bung has been noted now & before. Our new version is now the only version we carry as of yesterday. The rest of our new batch will be in tomorrow or Thursday.

New version has these changes only:
-Bung has been revised
-Flanges are tig welded inside & out/Port matched primaries

Thank you guys for the orders we have received. We really do appreciate your business.

Sean
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Sponsor

Had a couple private questions about the flange welds etc for existing customers. Just wanted to clarify. The additional welds were not for a structure issue we were worried about. It was more for looks, and guys looking to port the headers. Originally a few were concerned about porting them larger and there not being enough material to do so. So on our second batch we had them welded inside and out. For one it looks a little better to see a tig weld on the outside, and two it leaves plenty of meat for those looking to port our headers as well.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
The old saying rings true..... You get what you pay for when dealing with companies selling cheap Chinese parts.
I bet you can easily modify it . . . Certainly, for less money than a $900 set of Kooks !
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. That comes with opening up a thread like this. Our goal is to make these threads helpful to you guys and us, but at the same time they can backfire real fast.

Sean
Sean,

You guys are doing a great job. Naturally, issues pop up in any product and I'm sure you guys will make any corrections necessary. Thank you for making your products affordable, without sacrificing quality or customer service !

When they come out, I'll be getting a set of 1 7/8" headers and a true-dual exhaust system from you guys !

Do you know if you'll have 2 1/2" and 3" diameter systems ?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you for your comments. Your peace has been heard. The O2 bung has been noted now & before. Our new version is now the only version we carry as of yesterday. The rest of our new batch will be in tomorrow or Thursday.

New version has these changes only:
-Bung has been revised
-Flanges are tig welded inside & out/Port matched primaries

Thank you guys for the orders we have received. We really do appreciate your business.

Sean
Sean,

Excellent . . . It's VERY cool to be able to talk directly to a company and work out problems together . . .

Try that with one of the "Big Names" and people will REALL see the "difference".

Thanks for everything you're doing !
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm excited about the truck headers! People used to sell some decent stainless ones on ebay but they disappeared right about the time I bought my truck and I don't want shorty junk.

I will definitely be getting some of your truck longtubes if they properly fit 99-02. Preferably with no air/egr junk on them.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can you install the headers as is with the odd o2 bung? I've seen a few people think it's a major issue and others say it's really no big deal?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ez2cdave
Sean,

Do you know if you'll have 2 1/2" and 3" diameter systems ?
We will be doing a 3" true dual system.

thunderstruck507: Yep, they will be basically have the same design as our LS1 Race version, but for trucks. Our first batch will be 99-06 trucks with option of a Y-Pipe.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by black79transam
So can you install the headers as is with the odd o2 bung? I've seen a few people think it's a major issue and others say it's really no big deal?
Yes, they will work just fine for readings. The ones that are concerned about our first design are referencing the restriction in the collector as exhaust passes by. There is about an 1/8" of an inch more material sticking in the pipe than usual. Basically concerned the restriction will lower hp.

Sean
Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Yes, they will work just fine for readings. The ones that are concerned about our first design are referencing the restriction in the collector as exhaust passes by. There is about an 1/8" of an inch more material sticking in the pipe than usual. Basically concerned the restriction will lower hp.

Sean
Thanks for the reply. I sent you a pm also feel free to ignore it if you want.

Let's say it would lower horsepower. My thought would be on a basic bolt on car (lts, ory, cat back, ported tb, etc) the effect would be minimal and not noticeable? Am I wrong?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Sponsor

Honestly, with what we have seen on the dyno with exhaust changes & hp gains etc I would be surprised if even a hp is lost.

You think about all the bends & restrictions basically hitting a wall as it goes through some mufflers. A 1/8" piece in a 3" straight tube in my option is not going to be the issue. Shoot some O2 sensors are bigger than others that would cause a larger restriction than the bung.

Sean
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks
Sean
Excellent, Sean !

Put me down for a set of 1 7/8" headers and a 3" true-dual system.

Will you have a choice of either an "H" pipe and an "X" pipe ?

Personally, I think that an "H" pipe sounds better . . .

Thanks !
Old 03-20-2014, 04:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBD_305
What mods do you have done so far?
224 cam, ported heads, ported intake, ported throttle body, ford injectors, headers, ory, Phab lm1 style exhaust and a tune. It's going to be fun now that the car can breath.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Will this be an over-the-axle setup or just dumps? If over the axle, Im in!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I'm excited about the truck headers! People used to sell some decent stainless ones on ebay but they disappeared right about the time I bought my truck and I don't want shorty junk.

I will definitely be getting some of your truck longtubes if they properly fit 99-02. Preferably with no air/egr junk on them.
^^^^^ +1

Old Blue could use some more HP
Old 03-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Sponsor

Our true dual system will probably be a dumps before the axle with an X-Pipe.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-20-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Could you do an under the axle dual setup as well?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Sponsor

Haven't really put much thought into it to be honest with you. You guys are interested in an exhaust under the rear end?

Sean
Old 03-20-2014, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I think its something that would take off after the misinformed on here got past their misconceptions. I would love to see one or even just the ability to turn a dumped dual setup into an under the axle setup. A company on ebay sold the back half kit (just the 2 pipes under the axle) and Corsa clone tips for 199 a year ago. They just stopped making them so I think there is a definite market for them..

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering Race Version Headers Now Available!!