Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dorman ls2 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula81
And was this just a regular untouched Dorman ls2 or did it have any porting done to it?
He mentioned no porting so I’m pretty sure it’s untouched.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
So I have been following this page and have been impressed with it, despite the need to port the runners. Just curious, whats the price of a DLS2 with the Sniper TB at WS6 store? I don't see the intake on your website.
$850 for ported, modified with egr blockoff, ac nipple added, map drilled, cable tb clearanced, holley sniper tb with sniper iac.
But we will hopefully have a better price soon going direct. we shall see.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
$850 for ported, modified with egr blockoff, ac nipple added, map drilled, cable tb clearanced, holley sniper tb with sniper iac.
But we will hopefully have a better price soon going direct. we shall see.
What kind of timeframe do you qualify as soon? All that seems like a pretty decent price. But Im tired of waiting to get this build finished lol. I might just put the LS6 intake back on for the time being just so I can get it running.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
What kind of timeframe do you qualify as soon? All that seems like a pretty decent price. But Im tired of waiting to get this build finished lol. I might just put the LS6 intake back on for the time being just so I can get it running.
Its a VERY ridiculous process. I cannot say for sure really. been back and forth with them for 2 months so far.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Its a VERY ridiculous process. I cannot say for sure really. been back and forth with them for 2 months so far.
that's what I was afraid of. I'm still indecisive on exactly what I want to do with the intake. I just want to finish buttoning up the cam/head install and get it back on the road. I've missed it over the last 18 months and I'm getting itchy. The DLS2 can reuse the stock fuel rail correct?

Last edited by jaxcam02; 12-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Can use ls1 or ls2 rail with included components, but we normally set them up for ls1 rails.

You can send it in and we can port it and address the fit and finish issues. Takes about 2 weeks.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can use ls1 or ls2 rail with included components, but we normally set them up for ls1 rails.

You can send it in and we can port it and address the fit and finish issues. Takes about 2 weeks.
How much is it if I already have a DLS2 and send it in to you all to port it?
Old 12-19-2017, 07:49 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

I REALLY want to put the Dorman LS2 on my Nova, but I don't do it without a warranty of some kind that says I get a refund if it comes apart under boost.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sube
How much is it if I already have a DLS2 and send it in to you all to port it?
$300 includes shipping
Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
Btw guys, my buddy messaged the guy and he said he’s going to test a fast intake back to back with the dorman. I wish they would do that and then do a mild clean up job on the dorman and then retest it on the same day. That would be pretty interesting. I’ve been contemplating swapping intakes for a fast but I’m not so sure I should even waste my money on it. Especially knowing I have to buy fuel rails too. My car runs exceptionally well for what I’ve got done to it and I feel like the intake has added a good bit to it.
You can look at the tests that hotrod network did on 20 different intakes and see how the tbss did against the FAST 102, gives you a little bit of an idea how the dorman ls2 should do. I say for that factory tbss intake, it did pretty good compared to the Fast 102, on that built 6.0
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

I doubt that the Dorman could do much worse than a Fast under high boost.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

https://m.facebook.com/richard.holde...27203077291091I just read from where I left off. I want to let you guys know a few things I didn’t see posted....some very good info for you and made me feel good about my choice for this manifold.

1) I recommend buying an intake from tech@ws6store. Very highly. I was having an issue with my install and he helped me out even though I didn’t buy my intake from him. I wish I had. We emailed back and forth probably a dozen times and he always replied within 30 minutes and I didn’t even buy the intake from him. So whether he’s a few bucks higher or not (his prices on some things I looked at were cheaper than everyone else btw) I’d recommend buying from him because the communication is second to none.

Please note, you MUST CHANGE the valley cover bolts to the lower profile bolts that come with the manifold. I had been having some serious tuning issues because of a vacuum leak I had. Tech@ws6store helped me find that problem. So be aware that you need to use the lower profile bolts or it will hit the bottom of the intake keeping it from seating.

Now for the info everyone has been waiting for. This was posted on Facebook. A guy did back to back Dyno testing of the most powerful factory cathedral port intake (trailblazer ss) you can get vs the dorman ls2. Amazingly the power curves were identical. The engine was retuned for both manifolds. And I seriously doubt the dorman was even cleaned up which I guarantee it worth several hp. This was a 5.3 with a cam. Enjoy....

Here’s the video link if you guys can pull it up.

https://m.facebook.com/richard.holde...27203077291091

Well I thought this Richard H. was a credible legit guy . But you can throw that out the window. This test is bogus to suggest that any dorman intake let alone out of the box .Can hang with the TBSS across the board and under the curve is ludicrous . Don't believe it . What's this guy going to do next , a factory stock cylinder head test and tell us that 862 heads make more power than 243s will .
Old 12-20-2017, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

A guy did back to back Dyno testing of the most powerful factory cathedral port intake (trailblazer ss) you can get vs the dorman ls2. Amazingly the power curves were identical.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Do you have ANY proof to claim other than what the dyno tests show?? Richard Holdener has done hundreds of credible dyno tests. He has nothing to gain by BS-ing one like this one.
In other words, what do you have to refute this??
Old 12-20-2017, 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joe69z28
Well I thought this Richard H. was a credible legit guy . But you can throw that out the window. This test is bogus to suggest that any dorman intake let alone out of the box .Can hang with the TBSS across the board and under the curve is ludicrous . Don't believe it . What's this guy going to do next , a factory stock cylinder head test and tell us that 862 heads make more power than 243s will .
It is just one test. When it becomes a repeated outcome, then we will see. It all looks good on paper, but the biggest issue is, you cannot just put one in place of another. Originally the test was the dls2 vs a fast78 i believe and then an lsxrt...but that flew out the window i guess.
The info is interesting though. And so is the choice on fuel injectors lol.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is just one test. When it becomes a repeated outcome, then we will see. It all looks good on paper, but the biggest issue is, you cannot just put one in place of another.
Very true! It's just that when someone cries "Bullshit!!" without any credible proof otherwise, it's just BS on their part.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Very true! It's just that when someone cries "Bullshit!!" without any credible proof otherwise, it's just BS on their part.
This.

I don’t know the guy so I don’t have a dog in this fight but one wonders why he’d deliberately fudge a test like this? It does not matter to me either way. I have one on my car and I know it’s faster than the ls6 intake I had on it. I had to retune the car for more airflow when I installed it. But anyone is completely free to believe what they want to.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

This.

I don’t know the guy so I don’t have a dog in this fight but one wonders why he’d deliberately fudge a test like this? It does not matter to me either way. I have one on my car and I know it’s faster than the ls6 intake I had on it. I had to retune the car for more airflow when I installed it. But anyone is completely free to believe what they want to.
I honestly can't which side you're arguing for.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think some guys can't handle the fact that Dorman is doing a fairly decent job of making good replicas of stock manifolds, even improving on them when they can. He likely has a TBSS manifold and can't handle that there is another OEM-style manifold that almost equals it.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeNova
I honestly can't which side you're arguing for.
Not sure he's siding either way. He just put the tests up here for all to see, and someone is having a hard time buying the results.

Quick Reply: Dorman ls2 intake?