Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH electric cutout problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMH electric cutout problem.

I've had my dmh cutout for 3 years and this is the first problem.....it wont open. When i go to close it I can hear the motor running but when trying to open I get nothing. So i removed the cutout and opened it by hand thinking it was stuck. Hit the switch to close and it closed but hit the switch to open and nothing. Im thinking the motor needs replacing. Cant remeber where I purchased the damn thing from. Any suggestions or where I can purchase just the motor??
Old 06-01-2015, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...xas-speed.html
Old 06-02-2015, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

I was in the same boat as you a couple years back, where I had to buy a motor for my DMH cutout, and after weeks of no response from them I just bought a QTP. It opens and closes a bit slower than my DMH but I've had zero problems with it. Not to mention you can actually get replacement parts for them.

Good luck!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine would close but not open by itself (I could place a bit of pressure on the plate with my finger while someone engaged the switch and it would open. I removed it and saw that some of the bolts on the housing itself were loose. I removed and reinstalled bolts with blue loctite. I have a thread posted with a pic or two.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info. I have the cutout sitting here in the house. Gonna check the bolts and hopefully it works. Thought it was strange the cutout would close but not open. Now im wondering if the switch maybe bad?!?! When the rain stops im gonna try a few other things
Old 06-04-2015, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Found the problem. It was the switch. Somehow dirt had gotten in the open position of the switch causing it not to go down far enough to open the cutout. Blew that out clean and now it works just like new. While I had the cutout off the car I noticed that thin little gasket was worn out. Is there somewhere I can buy a gasket that fits or is there another alternative?? Also thanks for the info.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol **** DMH..... Still waiting on my replacement doubt I'll get it. & lol at my thread being posted above
Old 08-17-2015, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had great service from DMH. I had to send one back it two different times within like 5 years. They replaced it and shipped it back free and with no hassle. I fixed my problem. My car sits a lot and the cut outs would stick closed and the gears would strip when I go to open them. So now whenever Im going to park the car for a while, I'll leave the cut outs open. No more problems since.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
I've had great service from DMH. I had to send one back it two different times within like 5 years. They replaced it and shipped it back free and with no hassle. I fixed my problem. My car sits a lot and the cut outs would stick closed and the gears would strip when I go to open them. So now whenever Im going to park the car for a while, I'll leave the cut outs open. No more problems since.
Umm sorry but I call bullshit... If you can get a hold of DMH then call them for me & tell them to ship me my damn cutout! Company a bunch of crooks! Buy their cut out from Texas speed. Get it with a broken motor. Contact them for this life time warranty. Some guy said put some wd40 on it & it will fix it. Didn't never heard from them again. Sent it to them with a letter of what happened & where to send me a new one. Years later nothing... Lol joke of a company. Of yea & that bogus voicemail message they had with a family issue... Really?

Have fun reading everyone else's stories of how they've gotten fucked over by DMH

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...xas-speed.html

Quick Reply: DMH electric cutout problem.