Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Sounds a little raspy in that video, no?
Biggest misconception ever on this board is that y pipes rasp and duals dont. This was started due to most duals being dumped. I figured out 10 years ago when someone brought me their car with tsp duals and wanted me to extend the pipes out the rear of the car. Rasp was embarrassing if you were going up a hill under load at the 2800-3200 rpm mark which is where you will get the rasp.

The rasp is always there. You just have to find ways to knock the bark off of it. Dumping the exhaust uses the underside of the car and the ground/road as a chamber to accomplish this. If you run duals out the back and dont want rasp you had better have some good mufflers and either some high flow cats or resonators in line as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

No rasp here with cats on TDs out the back..
Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 405 Posts

[QUOTE=TheBigAL;19546704]Will this panhard relocation kit work with the speed engineering out the back duals?

Yes, TheBigAl that kit will work.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
No rasp here with cats on TDs out the back..
good thing you have cats
Old 02-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bbond105;19547676]
Originally Posted by TheBigAL
Will this panhard relocation kit work with the speed engineering out the back duals?

Yes, TheBigAl that kit will work.
Thanks man.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the hangers/brackets from Speed Engineering today. I was able to complete the exhaust. This is on a 2002 WS6, M6, with 52,600 miles. The engine is completely stock, except for the normal bolt-ons. The exhaust has SE long tube 1-7/8" headers, with their TD kit over the axle. Here is a link to the finished exhaust, while still on the lift:

I will get some sound clips tomorrow. I did drive the car home tonight, and I noticed some rattles, and slight rubbing. I will have to figure out where the exhaust is touching other parts of the car, and see if I can fix them.

I know that the drivers side pipe, right after the header, is almost touching the body of the car, right where the flat spot of the pipe starts. I don't know if I can do much about this; we tried to pull this pipe down as much as we possibly could. I can't stand rattles/noises, so I hope I can get this straight.

BTW, Sean from SE got me the missing parts within a few days, from CA to MD. Great response from them.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Have any of you, that have the TD kit out the back, noticed any rattles/rubbing from the exhaust? If so, where were your issues, and were you able to eliminate them?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 03-01-2017, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Biggest misconception ever on this board is that y pipes rasp and duals dont. This was started due to most duals being dumped. I figured out 10 years ago when someone brought me their car with tsp duals and wanted me to extend the pipes out the rear of the car. Rasp was embarrassing if you were going up a hill under load at the 2800-3200 rpm mark which is where you will get the rasp.

The rasp is always there. You just have to find ways to knock the bark off of it. Dumping the exhaust uses the underside of the car and the ground/road as a chamber to accomplish this. If you run duals out the back and dont want rasp you had better have some good mufflers and either some high flow cats or resonators in line as well.
I've put true duals with an H-pipe and 2 chamber flowmasters on several cars and never had rasp. I'm more of an h-pipe fan because of the sound. X-pipes became all of the rage a decade or so ago but I've never personally owned one.

The big block 68 Suburban I bought last year had crush bent 2.5 true duals, no crossover on stock manifolds and flowmasters when I bought and good G did it rasp, and LOUD as F. I bought a Summit H-pipe kit and a couple of resonators and bolted them into the existing system. Night and day, but I wish I would have just done the H at first to see what kind of impact it had by itself.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Penaltybox
I received the hangers/brackets from Speed Engineering today. I was able to complete the exhaust. This is on a 2002 WS6, M6, with 52,600 miles. The engine is completely stock, except for the normal bolt-ons. The exhaust has SE long tube 1-7/8" headers, with their TD kit over the axle. Here is a link to the finished exhaust, while still on the lift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5csue3XOvs

I will get some sound clips tomorrow. I did drive the car home tonight, and I noticed some rattles, and slight rubbing. I will have to figure out where the exhaust is touching other parts of the car, and see if I can fix them.

I know that the drivers side pipe, right after the header, is almost touching the body of the car, right where the flat spot of the pipe starts. I don't know if I can do much about this; we tried to pull this pipe down as much as we possibly could. I can't stand rattles/noises, so I hope I can get this straight.

BTW, Sean from SE got me the missing parts within a few days, from CA to MD. Great response from them.

Here is a sound clip of the Speed Engineering exhaust I put on my 2002 WS6, M6.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I don't have the engine in my car right now. But I have the back of it all hung and fitted. You can't beat this kit for the price. Nothing wrong with it
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Penaltybox
Here is a sound clip of the Speed Engineering exhaust I put on my 2002 WS6, M6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbuD6mwTlU
Sounds ******* awesome, I cannot wait for mine to come in.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

How close does everyones X pipe hang? I've tried and tried but can't get it to tuck up like the rest of the system.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Well I got the car to my work & on a lift. Got the exhaust tucked up slightly more then it was in my video.. still hangs pretty low but I made it up my driveway without scraping so I guess it's not the end of the world lol.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I've just been working on it in the garage by myself and I can't get it to come up any further. I bought the car lowered. Not sure how much it actually is. Here is a pic to give you guys an idea.

Messed with it a little more last night and this is about as far as I could get it to come up. I know it's kinda hard to tell from this angle but I'd say it's about 2" off the ground.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

X pipe height will likely vary with brand of headers too
Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been trying to get mine to fit also....everything is nice and tight and great until after the x-pipe....mine bends down after the x-pipe then back up to go over the rear...its against the floor already so its not going up any further..why it bends down after the x-pipe i dont know but it should be straight imho....my car is at standard ride hieght and its 2" from the ground with nobody in the car..aint gonna work...gonna talk with the SE guys today sometime today to see what can be done....will let yall know.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'd be curious to see what they say. I drove mine to the shop to get tuned today and lost count of how many times it scrapped the ground. Loved the way it sounds though!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TrentB
Yeah I've just been working on it in the garage by myself and I can't get it to come up any further. I bought the car lowered. Not sure how much it actually is. Here is a pic to give you guys an idea.

Messed with it a little more last night and this is about as far as I could get it to come up. I know it's kinda hard to tell from this angle but I'd say it's about 2" off the ground.
That Ta is low as hell lol
Old 03-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is that low at stock ride hieght....
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pressureprows6
Mine is that low at stock ride hieght....
what? mine is 4x4 status. completely stock suspension. I had one that low on agx's and vogtland springs
The following users liked this post:
EdgarB (01-09-2020)

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!