Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by soloman369
My car is also on a pro kit with qa1 sa shocks in back and bilestins hd in front. I figured stock height would have hella clearance
Do you have any measurements for x pipe ground clearance?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooo let me ask you guys a question...do you think raising this car 1" in the front is going to fix the non fitting exhaust problem in the rear of the car.???....this car is on stock springs all the way around with an iron block aluminum headed lq4 6.0...I want to hear yalls honest opinion.....
Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really dont think so man. i have to ask just for my own information. have you tried loosening the connections and moving things around? what is the problem? the rear pipes going up over the axles hangs too low? what exactly did speed engineering say?
Old 03-04-2017, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TrentB
Yeah I've just been working on it in the garage by myself and I can't get it to come up any further. I bought the car lowered. Not sure how much it actually is. Here is a pic to give you guys an idea.

Messed with it a little more last night and this is about as far as I could get it to come up. I know it's kinda hard to tell from this angle but I'd say it's about 2" off the ground.
Beautiful, beautiful car.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Beautiful, beautiful car.
That is a bad *** looking car! I think my exhaust is about the same distance off the ground. After driving it around the past few days, I have only lightly scraped once, and that was coming in my driveway, which has a decent size curb. The exhaust shop I took the car to, after I installed it, was able to get it up slightly, and fix some other areas of rattling/noise.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again my interest is how this system compares to kooks, as they're the only 3" systems. Does the kooks hang this low? Is this a SE issue, or just the issue trying to squeeze dual 3" pipes where they were never meant to be.

It would be nice if SE browsed this thread more often as it is their official thread for this system.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JohnR
I've used a piece of 4"x4" wood on my floor jack to get some extra height. I would jack up each corner of the car a few inches at a time. I would keep the ramps under the wheels as a safety. I also like using a piece of 1/2" plywood between the top of the jack stand and the car frame. The jack stand will definitely bite into the bottom of the plywood a little, and the frame imperfections will bite into the top of the plywood. A piece of carpet remnant works great for something to lie on while you're under there. I've actually fallen asleep while working under a car
Good luck and be safe!
John
John I don't know how I got mine in but I was In the same boat, I got the car higher and higher and found it wasn't the issue. Finally my brother got all the way on the drivers side of the car and shifted them and they went in. We didn't go any higher than a jack. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2QuikTA: We do browse the thread usually once a day or so. We just try to stay out of it, and let the customers make true honest reviews/conversations about our products. No point in us trying to push our opinions. If you guys have any questions for us directly just let us know.

To give a full review from what we have seen on our end out of 99% of the kits we have sold the only main complaint is the bolts on the clamps. We have already requested from the factory to change the bolts out. Other than that we have only had one customer contact us rewarding the clearance height of our kit.

Thanks again for the business guys..
Sean
Old 03-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pressureprows6
For sale....1 slightly used SPEED ENGINEERING TRUE DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM...installed and driven maybe 10 miles..has scrapes along bottom and some scratches from install. Will be available for pick-up this tuesday...San Antonio Texas area ...Taking best cash offer...Have a nice day.

i sent you a pm

oh, and I was looking on kooks website earlier and it was basically a requirement to have the panhard bar relocated as well as this http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_183&produ cts_id=310

im not trying to mess up my potential sale but would like to see if that would help, in your opinion. Seems as though soloman's third pic on the 27th shows this as bein on his car, pretty much in the exact place that your pipes seem to be dragging. Maybe a drive shaft safety loop would help?

Last edited by Jojo23460; 03-04-2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Idk...
Old 03-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

I'm lowered on Vogtland springs (1.25" drop) with SE headers and Y-pipe currently and even in my **** road city with a lot of bumps and a steep driveway and I get around fine. Maybe scrape once every now and then over a stupid speed bump. Only bad part is that I DID **** up the Y-pipe bad on the driver's side and ever since then it's pretty much just a straight pipe.

If you want amazing fitment, take it to a shop and have them adjust/weld it, or pay out the *** for something like Kooks. Otherwise, you're going to scrape. It's not a big deal.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Anyways, I think I'm sold on this kit rather than replace the y-pipe and keep my MagnaSLOW. Maybe @Speed Engineering or one of you can confirm that the race mufflers used on this kit are just mild fiberglass bullets. In that case, I'll probably replace them with Flowmaster Pro series mufflers (almost exact size weld to weld) since they'll be a lot quieter I presume, unless someone here can confirm this kit is daily driveable.

I don't think I'm going to use band clamps as from my previous experiences using SE exhaust pipes they just leak, but this is to be expected with Stainless exhausts.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For ones with lowered cars, what spring / shock combo are cars lowered on and they can't live with it.

Trying to replace my home made duals on my car sitting on Koni/ 1.25" bmr lowering springs
Old 03-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
For ones with lowered cars, what spring / shock combo are cars lowered on and they can't live with it.

Trying to replace my home made duals on my car sitting on Koni/ 1.25" bmr lowering springs
I have BMR lowering springs (1.25"). My exhaust only scrapes every now and then. Even though it is close to the ground just before turning up to go over the axle, it doesn't scrape that often.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by _JB_
Did they tell you to get fucked or offer to fix the issue?
Its sold and gona be picked up on tuesday by its new owner if that tells ya anything.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Currently, I am running Arh 1 7/8 longtubes to the Arh catted Y to a gmmg catback. I am cammed and this setup is fairly loud. So I have two questions; will this system connect to the Arh headers? The second question is will this be quieter than my current setup, because I don't really want to quiet it down.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert

mines lowered with Viking coilovers up front & eibach pro kit springs/Viking adjustable shocks out back.. after I got it all pushed up an tightened as far as I think it goes I've only scraped on my driveway so really no complaints here.. eventually hoping to swap out the eibach springs in the back though so we'll see how it goes after that
Old 03-05-2017, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
2QuikTA: We do browse the thread usually once a day or so. We just try to stay out of it, and let the customers make true honest reviews/conversations about our products. No point in us trying to push our opinions. If you guys have any questions for us directly just let us know.

To give a full review from what we have seen on our end out of 99% of the kits we have sold the only main complaint is the bolts on the clamps. We have already requested from the factory to change the bolts out. Other than that we have only had one customer contact us rewarding the clearance height of our kit.

Thanks again for the business guys..
Sean
You don't need to push opinions. If somebody is having an install issue or an issue altogether, you designed it, help a 'brotha out. If the issue is discussed directly, we don't know that or how the issue was potentially resolved. In the Hooker duals thread, todokky posted multiple times a day sometimes trying to help customers out. If I see multiple questions in the official thread with no response by the vendor, I take it as they just don't care.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Penaltybox
I have BMR lowering springs (1.25"). My exhaust only scrapes every now and then. Even though it is close to the ground just before turning up to go over the axle, it doesn't scrape that often.
what headers do you have?
Also do you think the problem can be solved by using extra hangers under rear seat floor boards , that are used on dual kits that are dumped at the axle?

Originally Posted by 00-SS12
mines lowered with Viking coilovers up front & eibach pro kit springs/Viking adjustable shocks out back.. after I got it all pushed up an tightened as far as I think it goes I've only scraped on my driveway so really no complaints here.. eventually hoping to swap out the eibach springs in the back though so we'll see how it goes after that
I think eibach springs are 2" low.
So even with my convertible being 150lbs heavier , I think my bmr 1.25" springs would Hypothetically lower my car same as yours with 2" springs.

Are your coilovers set at their lowest?

thanks
Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My system is in the for sale section.I'm using my Borla
Old 03-05-2017, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

I have been debating buying this ever since I saw this thread. I just can't decide if its too loud for me. I found another thread on here from a custom shop called Heavenbound customers in Indiana. They did a customs 3" dual otb exhaust for a member on here and installed magnaflow 3" bullets and it sounds perfect!

http://vid162.photobucket.com/albums...cket/Video.mp4.

Here is the link to the sound clip from the thread. Hopefully I posted it correctly.
I am also lowered in Strano springs so I also have a concern about clearance issues.

Last edited by dave04da; 03-05-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!