Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnR
Do you think there is room for a couple of High Flow Cats right after the header connections?

Thanks,
John
I'm curious about that as well, but would be looking to put a pair of resonators there instead of cats. My thought is resonators and then single chamber flowmasters in place of the stock muffler. Some hate them, but I am addicted to the flowmaster sound. I wonder if the one chamber plus resonators would bring the volume and sound to roughly what a 2-chamber setup would be.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lowered cars, please follow up with clearance pictures.

My current lowest point with a TSP adjustable Y on a Strano lowered car is 3.5" from floor-to-Passenger-Y and this is currently not even fitted that well--there's still room to tuck up more with the addition of another hanger.

If the SE rear exit TD sits any better than that, I'll make the swap. Otherwise, considering I occasionally scrape despite maneuvering around humps/driveways as is, it's going to be a tough sell.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Certainly watching this
Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by soloman369
More pics
How long are those rear cans and is there room to drop the tips and swap in a larger like 14" long and 6" diameter cans?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
The only place you would be putting mufflers is where they are right now. Basically connected to each exhaust tip. The ones that came with the exhaust are 3" in 3" out 12" long from weld to weld. Diameter of mufflers is 5"

Post #149 has what I was looking for and it looks like the large Magnaflow's I had on mine will work with this to make for less sound. Won't be 100% sure they fit until someone does it, but there is a chance so I might end up being that person.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Lowered cars, please follow up with clearance pictures.

My current lowest point with a TSP adjustable Y on a Strano lowered car is 3.5" from floor-to-Passenger-Y and this is currently not even fitted that well--there's still room to tuck up more with the addition of another hanger.

If the SE rear exit TD sits any better than that, I'll make the swap. Otherwise, considering I occasionally scrape despite maneuvering around humps/driveways as is, it's going to be a tough sell.

Thanks
Stock springs all around...stock ride hieght in rear..front is down maybe 1" from iron block lq4...exhaust is against body going over rear....
Old 03-15-2017, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to swap out the starter today i will post some pics of how it looks on my car again. Some cars on here with stock stocks etc look was to dame low. Ill report back later around 5 or so.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by soloman369
I have to swap out the starter today i will post some pics of how it looks on my car again. Some cars on here with stock stocks etc look was to dame low. Ill report back later around 5 or so.

mine is in and hung but everything is loose right now, im working as best I can to get it to tuck higher as I am not too happy with its clearance. I did fab up two hangers for the x pipe section that help tuck the pipes up about an inch higher but im concerned about the method of mounting as they wrap through the stock torque arm and use it as a brace, I may end up scrapping them if I cant find a better way. There should have been a hanger welded to the passenger side pipe that is in between the pass header and the x pipe, to mount to where the factory y was hung from.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pressureprows6
Stock springs all around...stock ride hieght in rear..front is down maybe 1" from iron block lq4...exhaust is against body going over rear....
Do you scrape or have trouble over speed bumps? I am also on stock height.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by usnfenix
mine is in and hung but everything is loose right now, im working as best I can to get it to tuck higher as I am not too happy with its clearance. I did fab up two hangers for the x pipe section that help tuck the pipes up about an inch higher but im concerned about the method of mounting as they wrap through the stock torque arm and use it as a brace, I may end up scrapping them if I cant find a better way. There should have been a hanger welded to the passenger side pipe that is in between the pass header and the x pipe, to mount to where the factory y was hung from.
How did you like your old TSP cat back? I waffled back and forth between the SE true duals and the TSP one. I am lowered on Strano's and thought I would have clearance issues so I went with the TSP one. It should be here next week.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent you guys an email. Got my exhaust today and missing the bag of mounts.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Clearance

Old 03-15-2017, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dave04da
How did you like your old TSP cat back? I waffled back and forth between the SE true duals and the TSP one. I am lowered on Strano's and thought I would have clearance issues so I went with the TSP one. It should be here next week.

i like it, however now that i was able to get my car back together and start it up this system is louder but alot deeper. Didnt drive it was too lazy to move my truck and gf's truck out of the way but backed it out of the garage slightly and reved it up, its deep and throaty and so far i like it. Posting a picture of my clearance which didnt turn out that bad, but i did spend a few days adjusting. Will be cutting off the ghetto hangers i made probably.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

I never understood why the pipes bend down after the x-pipe...thats where all the ground clearance issues are at...if it wasnt for that I would still have mine........
Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pressureprows6
I never understood why the pipes bend down after the x-pipe...thats where all the ground clearance issues are at...if it wasnt for that I would still have mine........
driveshaft clearance. I have custom bent knock off's and they are so so so close to the drive shaft. The builder tried to go closer up where it needs to bend down and it didn't work
Old 03-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
driveshaft clearance. I have custom bent knock off's and they are so so so close to the drive shaft. The builder tried to go closer up where it needs to bend down and it didn't work
Nowhere near it...put a car on the ground and there is even more room...
Old 03-15-2017, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it seems like the lowest point is by the rear seats.
Can an exhaust shop help with this?

idk about others, buying a new exhaust only to scrape and ding on a lowered car seems like a waste to me personally.

it also depends local driving conditions , but 3-4" clearance on average is tough to live with when it comes to urban driving, driveways, speed bumps
Old 03-15-2017, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an appointment with an exhaust shop on Monday. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yep....or less.....I fixed mine....if ya wanna know how pm me.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
it seems like the lowest point is by the rear seats.
Can an exhaust shop help with this?

idk about others, buying a new exhaust only to scrape and ding on a lowered car seems like a waste to me personally.

it also depends local driving conditions , but 3-4" clearance on average is tough to live with when it comes to urban driving, driveways, speed bumps
Thats why I went with the TSP cat back with the cut out built in. When I want it loud I'll just hit a switch.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!