Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Im guessing since its scraped up now they cant or wont take it back
Old 03-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your guys question on the ground clearance related issue the customer was having, we actually talked with him prior to it being posted on here. We gave him a link to the thread, and a video of the the install to try and help him out. He was still very upset stating his exhaust must have been manufactured incorrectly compared to the other exhaust systems customers have been installing. We told him it would be extremely rare just because we have not seen our products move more than 1/8" over the 3-4 years we have been selling our own exhaust products. The opportunity was give for him to send the exhaust kit back for inspection, but decided to sell it instead.

Thanks again..
Sean
Old 03-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean....if you were willing to say how can I help you instead of giving me the "I designed it" "its perfect" "no way it could be manufactured wrong" "your car is 1" to low in the front so that makes the rear of the exhaust to low" "your the only one with a problem" BS arrogant sarcastic condensending laughing at the customer attitude on the phone things would have been much different...ya you offered to let me send it back on my dime but what was that really gonna accomplish?...get it stuck in the corner of your office and I get told nothing is wrong with it sorry....nah Im not playing that after the attutude I got from you.. good luck.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone hooked this exhaust up to ARH 1 7/8 longtubes yet? If so, how much massaging was required to make the exhaust fit?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

"I think" if you cut about 1-2" off the pipe going up over the axle and then put the back part together it would fit better. Because the pipe is up against the floor board forcing it to hang low.That's just my take
Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So, question.
It seems that clearance isssues are concerns are real but frankly are expected with duals.

My question to speed enginnering team- can this kit be offered in 2.5" pipe diameter if that solves the clearance problems? To go one step further, flat kinda like boom tubes for NASCAR ?

I like the price point and the sound of these mufflers over the other other vendors true duals.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be curious to see the clearance issues on other true dual set-ups. In my opinion, once the SE system is installed, taking it to a professional muffler shop, and having some additional hangers installed at and around the point where the pipes go over the axle, will help with some of the contact with the body and/or panhard bar, but it will be difficult to get the pipes just before the over-the-axle pipes up any further. It is just the way they are designed. As I have stated in previous posts, mine is pretty low just before the rear axle, and I very RARELY scrape the ground.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Sponsor

Thank you guys for the comments. We dont currently have any plans on building a 2.5" rear exit kit at this time. Our kits were setup on a stock height Camaro. I am honestly not sure what the ground clearance is like for lowered cars. I think its safe to say lower cars may need some modification for proper clearance.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-11-2017, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

This is a very good quality dual exhaust kit for the money. I received mine last night and will be buying better bolts for the clamps. Just waiting for my panhard bar relocation kit to be delivered.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LaBLKv6Z
This is a very good quality dual exhaust kit for the money. I received mine last night and will be buying better bolts for the clamps. Just waiting for my panhard bar relocation kit to be delivered.
I'm local to you and am very interested in seeing and hearing this exhaust in person. If you don't mind PM me once you get it installed. Maybe we could meet up for me to check it out.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Teching In

I ordered the axel dumps for my 98 Formula the other day. It's not a daily driver so noise is not a issue for me. I'm so happy to be getting rid of the Flowmasters that are on it now. I'm running Speed long tubes with a ory and I think the Flowmasters are costing me some horsepower.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Has anybody tried these with a Spohn torque arm mount? Just curious, but I'm sure they won't work just like any other true duals. Trying to let my 408 breathe without attracting too much attention...
Old 03-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Sponsor

blue by you: I believe there is a body mounted torque arm pic on page 6 that is very similar to a Spohn torque arm if you wanted one for reference.

Thank you guys.. Just a heads up we are getting low on the true dual rear exit kits. Our first batch was a smaller batch. We have a larger batch coming, but we are probably looking at a 1-2 month wait time unfortunately.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-12-2017, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Texas Speed 2" headers and Speed Engineering true duals

At the back in front of the axle there's about a beer can or better for clearance. I'm going to get one more exhaust hanger. I'll be able to tuck it up around another inch. Quite satisfied with the kit. I changed all the clamp bolts to a same length standard 3/8 bolt

Name:  165BE52B-AEE5-428C-87C7-69AD00C94096_zpsjzmjkv0t.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  193.3 KB
The following users liked this post:
Z28_Demon (07-18-2019)
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I know what I'll be getting next, lol.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mines mostly on, mounted but nothings clamped down, also upgraded all the bolts on the clamps but one problem im having is some of the pipes from the box had their slip fit ends deformed and its making it a real pita to maintain the round shape of the pipe while reforming it to slip into its counterpart. Not sure if this is a quality problem or a shipping problem, leaning more to shipping since its only on 2 of the pipes really and everything else is quality. I am noticing that its hanging very low however I don't have anything clamped so today after work ill be getting under there and making adjustments now that everything's mounted. The over-axle portion and x are my 2 problem areas is seems, and will require the most attention. Im surprised that there isn't a hanger that connects to where the factory y pipe hanger is with all that weight.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

I had one connector a touch squished. I'd say it's a shipping issue. Also want another hanger in front of the axle
Old 03-13-2017, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I had one connector a touch squished. I'd say it's a shipping issue. Also want another hanger in front of the axle
going to see about fabbing one up this afternoon
Old 03-13-2017, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

The box mine was shipped in was beat to hell and blown wide open lol. Lucky it wasn't missing anything
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Texas Speed 2" headers and Speed Engineering true duals

At the back in front of the axle there's about a beer can or better for clearance. I'm going to get one more exhaust hanger. I'll be able to tuck it up around another inch. Quite satisfied with the kit. I changed all the clamp bolts to a same length standard 3/8 bolt

Do you think there is room for a couple of High Flow Cats right after the header connections?

Thanks,
John

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!