Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 281 Likes on 195 Posts

Quick question, further back it says the umi 2207 t/a relocation bracket (6speed) fit good. Does my umi 2208 relocation (4l60crossmember) fit just as good? Getting ready to place order.....
Old 04-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

BC178: Thank you for your business..

Kjduvall: I am honestly not sure. A customer provided those pictures. The only torque arm we have tested with our exhaust is our own.

Thanks
Sean
Old 04-17-2019, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This exhaust system did not fit my Texas speed 1 7/8" headers at all, that being said I anticipated that and took it to a reputable custom exhaust shop and had them modify it to fit just fine (60$), pretty much had to cut every hanger off including the tips and modify to tuck it up nicely. My car is lowered and clearance is ok that being said when you mod your car you can't expect everything to be perfect. It is an overall nice system with a great price, it sounds really good too, the tips are a great design but the way they roll the lip it leaves machining marks and has a bit of a cheap look room for improvement on the tips. All in all this exhaust performs well and I enjoy the sound. Just remember folks sometimes you have to mod your car so that you can mod your car.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mintws6
This exhaust system did not fit my Texas speed 1 7/8" headers at all, that being said I anticipated that and took it to a reputable custom exhaust shop and had them modify it to fit just fine (60$), pretty much had to cut every hanger off including the tips and modify to tuck it up nicely. My car is lowered and clearance is ok that being said when you mod your car you can't expect everything to be perfect. It is an overall nice system with a great price, it sounds really good too, the tips are a great design but the way they roll the lip it leaves machining marks and has a bit of a cheap look room for improvement on the tips. All in all this exhaust performs well and I enjoy the sound. Just remember folks sometimes you have to mod your car so that you can mod your car.
bingo...I had to do some minor fabrication myself, but these cars really didn't get much room underneath them from the factory for true dual exhaust, so that is expected...I love the sound too, really has a nice note, love part/heavy throttle....
Old 04-17-2019, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 281 Likes on 195 Posts

Decided I'm guna do the dual/ dump instead. Getting ready for some noise!!

Old 04-17-2019, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what torque arms are you guys having good success with. Might be having to switch mine out to clear duals and looking for one that will handle 1000whp t56 street car and give best clearance can for exhaust.

Mintws6: exactly, things gotta be messed with when you mess with the car in the first place.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Got my exhaust today. Quick shipping. The boxes were banged up pretty good and it bent up one of the gaskets but over all seems everything else is fine. So guys just make sure you look over everything right away. It all looks very nice with nice welds and all. Just by the looks I can tell these "mufflers" are going to be LOUD haha. Coming from slp loudmouth with headers I'm not sure it could be louder than that, if so I'll have to replace them no doubt but it looks very easy to swap to something else. Overall I just dont think you could beat the quality for the price... Thanks speed engineering.

P.s. guys please let me know what torque arms your having best luck with. I havent gotten to far contacting couple companies.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:33 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

I have a BMR full length torque arm and the SE True Duals clear it easily.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KCS
I have a BMR full length torque arm and the SE True Duals clear it easily.
Which crossmember part number? Any pictures? That's man. Can PM me if want
Old 04-23-2019, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

any full length torque arm should clear just fine, it’s the damn body mount tq arms that can have clearance issues.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:59 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by BC178
Which crossmember part number? Any pictures? That's man. Can PM me if want
It's just the BMR crossmember that relocates the torque arm mount off the tailshaft. I bought it second hand but I think THIS is it. I could get some pics this weekend.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got mine installed yesterday. I replaced my ebay headers with SE 1 3/4 and my old butchered exhaust with the SE duals. Fitment on mine was great. Ive got lots of ground clearance. Its real loud with the HCI LS1. I have a BMR full length torque arm and a relocation cross member. It looks like it would have been really close where the pipe bends around where the relocation cross member bolts up the torque arm to the bracket but I have already cut a couple holes off the crossmember to clear the old y pipe I had. This exhaust looks like it would have cleared way better than my old exhaust I may not have had to cut anything. I think im gonna try some dynatech auger style inserts to see if that will cut the noise down just a hair . Overall I am happy with this purchase. Had a small issue with not receiving any clamps and receiving one to many exhaust tips but ive called and spoke to Jesse and he got me the clamps really quickly so I am happy with the customer service as well.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I just got mine installed yesterday. I replaced my ebay headers with SE 1 3/4 and my old butchered exhaust with the SE duals. Fitment on mine was great. I've got lots of ground clearance. Its real loud with the HCI LS1. I think I'm gonna try some dynatech auger style inserts to see if that will cut the noise down just a hair.
Are you running Cats or no Cats?

Thanks,
John
Old 04-28-2019, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnR
Are you running Cats or no Cats?

Thanks,
John
No Cats..Straight out the box SE 1 3/4 headers and the SE rear exit Duals as they come.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
I know the thread is long. Here is some info that is probably buried in the thread. We revised our true dual rear exit about six months after the release, which raised the center section as well as added a hanger in the same area. Our kit now allows you to pretty much touch the floor of the car with the exhaust. With that being said it is still 6" of tubing under a fairly flat car. Lowered cars will probably still see some clearance issues.

Thanks
Sean
I read/skimmed through as much of this thread as I could, looking for a key piece of info: The "new" centerpiece Hanger, that is welded to a clamp, along with a square piece with a thick bolt.

Does anyone have a picture of how in the world that piece is installed? I assume it's for the x-pipe - utilizing the center exhaust hanger location that comes factory in our cars?

Thanks,
Andy

Edit: I speak of this guy:

Old 05-06-2019, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 212 Likes on 166 Posts

Who's running the patriot spirals with their SE true dual setup? Part #H3844

I'd be interested in knowing how much it quieted it down in the cabin using a $20 BAFX Products Decibel Meter or similar device.

Also has there been any confirmation of any body mount (shorty) torque arms that's will work?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Who's running the patriot spirals with their SE true dual setup? Part #H3844

I'd be interested in knowing how much it quieted it down in the cabin using a $20 BAFX Products Decibel Meter or similar device.

Also has there been any confirmation of any body mount (shorty) torque arms that's will work?
Speed Engineering says their body mount short tq arm works. FWIW I have the Midwest Chassis short arm with true dual crossmember, it works, but clearance is really close, like **** hair close.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 212 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
Speed Engineering says their body mount short tq arm works. FWIW I have the Midwest Chassis short arm with true dual crossmember, it works, but clearance is really close, like **** hair close.
Good info here! Are you lowered at all? If you put a soda can under the car, goes it clear all points of the exhaust? I have the same tq arm and the 3.5 catback crossmember but I have a Y pipe. Did you leave it as is or use spirals or something else to quiet it down?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyTA
I read/skimmed through as much of this thread as I could, looking for a key piece of info: The "new" centerpiece Hanger, that is welded to a clamp, along with a square piece with a thick bolt.

Does anyone have a picture of how in the world that piece is installed? I assume it's for the x-pipe - utilizing the center exhaust hanger location that comes factory in our cars?

Thanks,
Andy

Edit: I speak of this guy:

You are meant to go into your cab, remove the passenger rear seat, remove the bolt holding the rear seat in place, remove the seat. Remove the bolt holding the seat belt buckle release. Replace it with the longer bolt that comes with the kit and bolt it in fully. Go under the car and you'll see the extra length of bolt poking through the body. I believe you then put the hanger on with it pointing backwards and torque the nut on. I'll try to find a pic and edit this post.

Last edited by jaxcam02; 05-08-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Bad pic but this is the best I have right now. The mount is at the bottom of this pic just left of the pipes.
The hanger attached to the body points backwards and the hanger attached to the exhaust points backwards.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!