Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

battlesausage, (lol @ name), wouldn't mind seeing the thread you got a link?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
battlesausage, (lol @ name), wouldn't mind seeing the thread you got a link?
I'll be happy to however I won't post if up on the forums out of respect unless a mod wishes it. I'll pm you...with I'm assuming the link in reference to the GT tests.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Got the links, read the threads ect, good stuff thanks. I would advise anyone else curious to ask for them as well.

Gran, i can say as an unbias potental customer i'm not impressed with your business from what i've observed. If someone wants to buy your wires (or any of your products) I would only advise them to do so based on being a solid core wire or having a lifetime guarantee, only the solid facts, you may feel like these bs claims will boost business but i think they hurt it, that is only your choice however. Stuff like "up to 15hp" i compare that to those "chips" you get off ebay or w/e that say stuff like "boosts your mpg up to 50%", "adds up to 50hp", yada yada. Sure, you can say statments like that, that may hold just enough truth to make them not a lie, but then enough people realize the "lie" or the whole truth and it spreads, and all you are left with are the dumbasses that believe it or dont know differently.

You yourself stress up to is the key phrase well, bull **** aside, how many times can this be reproduced, or what is the possibility of it, ect.

I don't think anyone is crazy here, i think legitimatly people get pissed of when they realize others are trying to feed them crap from marketing schemes and what not. Its your right as a business to do stuff like that, just don't expect people to like it, and some to even get annoied at it.

I think there are one or two things you could rely on enough to sell your product and if you stuck with that you'd be better off for it. When i went myself to your site i didn't find anything unreasonable and i stated that. I didn't find what everyone was talking about really, but now i have, and seeing as though you stick with these claims and try to back them up i find that pretty foolish but your decision non the less.

Anyways, we all gotta put bread on the table some way, and i can respect that. You make it sound as your 100% innocent here and there is no truth to what is on the table against you. Realize, its like any of those other marketing strategies though, and your reputation can suffer from it. Thats my .02 and i'm sure you should be able to come up with something cleaver to shoot down what i'm telling you and carry on with this game for you, but so be it.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Get Duralast wires cuZ their Built to Last Duralast! Ziiiiiiinnnnnngggggggggggggggg
Old 03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Granatelli
LilJayV10 - we should nickname him Forrest as in Forrest Gump.

"Mama said stupid is as stupid does" - no one can fix stupid
And what is the point of this? Your the one out to prove something to us here, its one thing to interject some humor here and there, its a good thing imo, but i only see this as agitation, and while it is one thing to see that from the "idiots that follow you around" or whatever, you shouldnt have to succumb to their level and anything not valid or legitament about their statements or aguments should become obvious quick enough to some someone assesing the situation. Imo, from this statement, you bring some of this "harassment" on yourself it sounds like.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LilJayV10 - we should nickname him Forrest as in Forrest Gump.

"Mama said stupid is as stupid does" - no one can fix stupid
Say that to my face ****** not online see what happens
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok let's not get this thread locked.. Let's all wait for O.N. (The Austrialian Guy) to get some results back to us

After all Granatelli did post vids of Vette, Cobra and GT40 gaining HP....

Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Ok let's not get this thread locked.. Let's all wait for O.N. (The Austrialian Guy) to get some results back to us

After all Granatelli did post vids of Vette, Cobra and GT40 gaining HP....

+1 let's keep this constructive.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Three conclusions

I just spent a long time reading all 16 pages of this thread and watching video. FWIW here are my three thoughts:

1. The magazine was trying to prove that those wires DID NOT produce an increase in HP yet they DID!

2. I appreciate the poster "Granatelli" for patiently responding to the massive barrage of criticism and negativity in a mature, controlled manner.

3. I am going to buy some Granatelli wires.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfpkYMD1rI

Ok - The link above is a 4 minute video explaining the wires and how they stack up against most of the big guys out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzyCfAu8kA

This video (above) is the actual (unedited) back to back to back dyno test of a 2010 Granatelli twin turbo Camaro with stock wires then the Granatelli wires

Here is the end result for those that don't want to watch the proof

Average gain across the board was 16hp and 19ft/lbs - peak gains were 19hp and 22 ft/lbs. Before I get pummeled watch the video

You will note the boost stays the same on every run

You yourself stress up to is the key phrase well, bull **** aside, how many times can this be reproduced, or what is the possibility of it, ect.

When i went myself to your site i didn't find anything unreasonable and i stated that. I didn't find what everyone was talking about really, but now i have, and seeing as though you stick with these claims and try to back them up i find that pretty foolish but your decision non the less.

I was asked to do a test and I did it - forced induction it was good for 19hp and 22 ft/lbs

The Vette was N/A and it made 10hp and 17 ft/lbs

there is 1 or each

I stick with the claims because they do what we say. Thanks for being objective and let me know your thoughts on the video and dyno graph

Originally Posted by IrocZTransAm
Get Duralast wires cuZ their Built to Last Duralast! Ziiiiiiinnnnnngggggggggggggggg
Or you could do this

And what is the point of this? Your the one out to prove something to us here, its one thing to interject some humor here and there, its a good thing imo, but i only see this as agitation, and while it is one thing to see that from the "idiots that follow you around" or whatever, you shouldnt have to succumb to their level and anything not valid or legitament about their statements or aguments should become obvious quick enough to some someone assesing the situation. Imo, from this statement, you bring some of this "harassment" on yourself it sounds like.
My point was - keep it clean - don't antagonize. Why is it that these guys can bash but if I bark back - I am the bad guy

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
LOL. Forgive me if I can't agree with you. I don't want to be swinging on your nuts again.....
He should not have been near my nuts in the first place. Anyway I fixed the #272 link as requested
Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

I was asked to do a test and I did it - forced induction it was good for 19hp and 22 ft/lbs

The Vette was N/A and it made 10hp and 17 ft/lbs

there is 1 or each

I stick with the claims because they do what we say. Thanks for being objective and let me know your thoughts on the video and dyno graph
The dyno tests look promising, i'm eager to watch the movie, but im out in the country right now and its practicaly dial up I'll watch them when i get the chance though.

My point was - keep it clean - don't antagonize. Why is it that these guys can bash but if I bark back - I am the bad guy

Well, whatever you will, doesnt seem like that was your point but i will take your word for it. Don't think your the "bad guy" just on the same level when you don't have to be and should expect that sorta thing then. X-ray apparently doesn't exactly help his credibility, but you provoked that imo, maybe not others can be the judge of what they think.

He should not have been near my nuts in the first place. Anyway I fixed the #272 link as requested
^
Old 03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for making the video, looking forward to the bone stock camaro test.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by squale iii
You can remove yourself from Granatelli's nuts now lilgay.
Originally Posted by X-ray
Oh yes you're so witty. Go **** yourself. Granatelli's on here pushing a BS product and they're not even a paying supporter.
Originally Posted by squale iii
+1 let's keep this constructive.

Yeah. Constructive....

Dude you are a douche bag.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Hey it actually loaded! And damn i wish i had that car.

First off i want to say that i (probably the others aswell) appreciate you taking the time to throw up a video and do this. A good business listens and trys to work with the customer and it seems like you do that. You will have to forgive me for being a sceptic, based on this video i now see no reason why you shouldn't be able to make your claims, it seems like you did alot to eliminate potential arguments and room for error or inconsistency. The only thing i could see that is a problem area are the cut scenes where anything could have happened. On the other hand, i know how making a movie goes and cut scenes are sometimes needed, just wished they weren't in this one.

You seem like a nice guy, and maybe i was wrong about your product. I dont like to judge a person or business but sometimes you have to and all you have to go on is what's in front of you. Honestly, based on what i know about wires and such, i still feel like this more or less impossible and will wait to see what other's success with your wires will be. I'm sure (or at least hope) if your doing everything right your business is in no way hurting, and i hope you don't feel personaly "attacked" by anything i've said. If your wires are proving these correct, i will be the first to admit i was wrong about em, and hell i'm needing new ones anyways (still running the stockers ).

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Dude you are a douche bag.
Just sounds like a immature response (im guessing they are a younger person). It wasn't long ago when i would have probably said the same actually. If they are an adult or mature person, well haha i would have to agree.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just sounds like a immature response (im guessing they are a younger person). It wasn't long ago when i would have probably said the same actually. If they are an adult or mature person, well haha i would have to agree.

You are probably right but still. I have said stuff on here when I get pissed off at someone, I think everyone has.

But making threats like that is just juvenile. I am sure he will respond shortly with a great comeback. Maybe he will get on a plane and show up at my shop.

I have yet to watch the video but it sounds promising.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Indeed, not necessary at all. Its pretty good, took forever to load up on my ancient internet though! I cant complain though, we did actually have dial up for the longest time. I would like to see someones results on a ls1, especially stock ls1, but i would not expect gran to have to do that, just would like to see the results. I do like how the wires look, especially those green ones .
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Holy crap that was a good video. I don't know of too many companies that would step up and do a test like that. Could the results be fudged. Yes. But I would highly doubt that they would put the name of their name on the line and make some bullshit video even though proving it's BS would be near impossible.

I think it's funny how this thread has been blowing up all this week and since the dyno video it's...cricket cricket.

I need to buy a set of wires for my wife's Avalanche...I might get these.

Good post Granatelli.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Honestly, based on what i know about wires and such, i still feel like this more or less impossible and will wait to see what other's success with your wires will be.
This is my, and everyone else's point. If you understand the dynamics of the ignition system, you would know that wires alone won't make power increases like this unless the gap is changed or those that are replaced weren't functioning properly to begin with. I, nor anyone else is questioning the fact that the wires are well made...it's not the point. A truck coil provides roughly 44kv at full dwell, and when we tested the factory plugs for a project when I was at GT, the plug needed only ~12kv at factory gapped settings. That goes up(or down) of course as the gap is increased(decreased) in accordance with the needs of the engine, whether NA or FI or with a change in plugs. However, the miniscule differences overall that an aftermarket wire provides will make no difference because even with a factory set of wires, there is still an abundance of energy available to bridge the gap at the plug. That is the reason most wire manufacturers won't or don't claim power increases with a set of wires, because it doesn't happen. If all things stay unchanged, back to back testing will show minor variances period. A good set of wires is insurance, eye candy, and good for bragging rights...not for horsepower increases. Just a bit of research, some common sense, and bit of experimentation on ones own part will show this. It's fact, not some made of conspiracy on my part or those that already know this. Drag cars using fuel with much less energy density such as Nitromethane (~1/4 the energy density of gas), methanol(~1/2), or gas engines with large demands of fuel require more/tremendous amounts of energy to initiate the burn, hence the need for huge magnetos and plug wires, and are not in question...just the average joe like you and me who want the best bang for their buck. There are factors too numerous to add to this post, but 99% of those on this site are running basic setups that will see no gain in switching if all things are already functioning as intended.

*EDIT* For those that are curious, don't take my word or any one else including manufacturers of said parts...do the research and testing yourself. Don't limit yourself to this thread/site and instead do yourself a favor and visit some other respected forums where these same tests have been performed by unbiased normal folk, professionals, and racers alike. Google whether after market plug wires will make more power if you need more understanding. There are an infinite amount of tests/threads all over the web verifying what has been said over and over in this thread.

Last edited by BattleSausage; 03-26-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

AWESOME VIDEO

I knew something like this would show all the haters how good these wires are.
I'm still ordering my set through granatelli for my custom length but this goes to show what i said about the firecore50 wires, and obviously these granatelli wires are even better.

Thanks for posting the video mate, great response.
Cant wait to see the N/A video and please please do it as you said:

standard wires/standard coils
standard wires/granatelli coils
granatelli wires/standard coils
granarelli wires/granatelli coils

And please for the other haters i dont care make the video in 1 continuous shot even if the video is 45min long, we know it works and thats all that matters and im happy to send you my hard earned aussie dollars if it means better fuel, and more power.

And yes when i do get my wires i will still make my own video for you MSD/Firecore50/granatelli

Really interested in what the coil can do too on the N/A

Thanks once again mate great job and great product!
Kirk Australia

Last edited by O.N.; 03-26-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??