Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

15 hp huh?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
There are several questions here:
1. why is there an increase in HP/TQ...?
2. for a straight wire why is the no EMI/RFI...?
3. how can a ferrite ring suppress EMI/RFI...?
i know i'm a new member, my first post... sue me... i was linked to this thread by a friend and read the whole thing cause he told me a company was actually defending themselves (always like it when this goes down, it's entertaining).

thought i'd try and contribute a bit.

1. maybe the design? i keep reading the design of the gms wires is unlike that of other wires.

2. & 3. could probably be answered by this link:

http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/SAC0305Ferrites.pdf

talks about how ferrites eliminate radio interference.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

G'

btw, in the vid, when reading your DMM/ohmeter:
- stock wires: the LCD shows on upper right, so the reading is 0.808 kilo-ohms (808 ohms);
- GMS wires: the LCD shows Ω on upper right, so the reading is 0 ohms.

[ sorry, I'm not trying to be pedantic ]
0 is 0 - the ohm meter is merely bouncing around trying to take a reading - it just ends up 0 - you can see in teh video it reads 001 and flickers back to 000

There are several questions here:
1. why is there an increase in HP/TQ...?
2. for a straight wire why is there no EMI/RFI...?
3. how can a ferrite ring suppress EMI/RFI...?
1. - You guys need to accept or not - see video
2. - No EMI/RFI because it is suppressed - * Granatelli O ohm wires are patent protected by United States Patent number 7,185,622. This patent covers our unique method of producing ignition wires of extremely low resistance while maintaining very high noise suppression. The benefit of this invention is that full electrical energy from the ignition source is transmitted to the spark plug. The end result of the application of this method is increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy.
3. - see number 2 Patent number 7,185,622

Originally Posted by Ichiduo
i know i'm a new member, my first post... sue me... i was linked to this thread by a friend and read the whole thing cause he told me a company was actually defending themselves (always like it when this goes down, it's entertaining).

thought i'd try and contribute a bit.

1. maybe the design? i keep reading the design of the gms wires is unlike that of other wires.

Our patent is ferrite on outside of the wire - when the ferrite is on the inside it does not work as well but still does a very good job
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 110 Likes on 86 Posts

So tell me how you are allowed to have a non sponsor link and description of parts that your company sells in your sig? Without being a sponsor?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Be more specific...

That article addresses audio frequencies and the RF current thru the shield of a shielded cable;

a spark plug wire sees a huge ignition voltage pulse (15 kV); a straight wire seeing this pulse will radiate sufficiently to interfere with other circuits... a ferrite core will not suppress this.

Originally Posted by Granatelli
0 is 0 - the ohm meter is merely bouncing around trying to take a reading - it just ends up 0 - you can see in teh video it reads 001 and flickers back to 000
My point was:
for the stock wires, in your video, the graphic showed "~.808 ohms" when your DMM showed 0.808 which is 808 ohms (which is what you verbally said in the video)...

[ I'm not saying that your DMM didn't show zero ohms for the GMS wires, because it did ]

Originally Posted by Granatelli
1. - You guys need to accept or not - see video
2. - No EMI/RFI because it is suppressed - * Granatelli O ohm wires are patent protected by United States Patent number 7,185,622. This patent covers our unique method of producing ignition wires of extremely low resistance while maintaining very high noise suppression. The benefit of this invention is that full electrical energy from the ignition source is transmitted to the spark plug. The end result of the application of this method is increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy.
3. - see number 2 Patent number 7,185,622
That was the whole point of my post... what is the scientific explanation of why it does what it does...

notice I'm not countering/arguing against your claims/videos... I'm seeking a scientific/engineering explantion.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would granetelli want to be a sponsor after this bs? Why would anyone? We should be thankful we have sponsors at all that answer questions and give us special sales. I'm sure mods aren't going to give them more hell, then they would NEVER jump on board. Hey you realize these companies PAY for us to use this site?

I got an idea. Let's all continue to be ***'s to companies building parts for our cars and wonder why they quit development, sponsorships, and helping us go fast.

Granatelli has PROVEN their wires make more power, they have a satisfaction guarantee and he is willing to dyno your car back to back for free!!! What else can we ask? He even lowered the price of the wires for us, THREAD CLOSED!!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by t/a98
THREAD CLOSED!!
nah it has to stay open he is doing more videos plus he is a top bloke.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Why would granetelli want to be a sponsor after this bs? Why would anyone? We should be thankful we have sponsors at all that answer questions and give us special sales. I'm sure mods aren't going to give them more hell, then they would NEVER jump on board. Hey you realize these companies PAY for us to use this site?

I got an idea. Let's all continue to be ***'s to companies building parts for our cars and wonder why they quit development, sponsorships, and helping us go fast.

Granatelli has PROVEN their wires make more power, they have a satisfaction guarantee and he is willing to dyno your car back to back for free!!! What else can we ask? He even lowered the price of the wires for us, THREAD CLOSED!!
^This.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

I got an idea, first get off your soapbox. You dont think people are thankful of our wonderful sponsors here at tech? It takes a pretty big idot to think that a S P O N S O R doesnt P A Y for this site so what is your point This thread is a discussion, if you feel like us "all" have been asses and that there is no point to this, then you have alot to learn.

The last part of what you said is really the only thing that makes any sort of sense, congrats on one of the dumbest post on here
Originally Posted by JetMech99
^This.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
And congrats agreeing with one of the dumbest posts on here. No offense but if you couldn't have said it any better, then my comment is for you to read too

Originally Posted by gjohnsonws6
So tell me how you are allowed to have a non sponsor link and description of parts that your company sells in your sig? Without being a sponsor?
Good question actually
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/7185622.html
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Granatelli has PROVEN their wires make more power!!
No they have posted random videos. I could do that too.

Again not saying they aren't worth buying but I will hold my ground there will be zero hp difference between a $55 msd set and the $105 Granatelli set
Old 03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Teching In

this thread reminds me of people not believing we went to the moon. we'll make granatelli = nasa.

they are providing all the proof and even videos, but there's still people who are calling "conspiracy".

to this day, there are people who still don't believe we landed on the moon. even with all of nasa's videos and evidence proving otherwise. they will call out little things to dispute and will say the whole landing was shot in someone's basement.

i am looking forward to the next "moon landing" or video granatelli said they'd post using a stock camaro.

good job for granatelli though, going beyond to answer and show people their products do work.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

this thread reminds me of people not believing we went to the moon. we'll make granatelli = nasa.

they are providing all the proof and even videos, but there's still people who are calling "conspiracy".

to this day, there are people who still don't believe we landed on the moon. even with all of nasa's videos and evidence proving otherwise. they will call out little things to dispute and will say the whole landing was shot in someone's basement.

i am looking forward to the next "moon landing" or video granatelli said they'd post using a stock camaro.

good job for granatelli though, going beyond to answer and show people their products do work.
don't bring the moon landing into this, we never landed on the moon, ever.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

:

You buy Zmax too? Running a K&N? Those are good for 15-20hp too...

What about a Tornado...I hear they get you a couple MPG.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

You buy Zmax too? Running a K&N? Those are good for 15-20hp too...

What about a Tornado...I hear they get you a couple MPG.
granatelli shot a 17 minute long video + another video using an msd tester for members here. did they have to? no.

they also are willing to shoot a video using a stock camaro for members here. do they have to? no.

granatelli is even willing to install a set of wires on a person's vehicle at their shop while the owner makes their own video or witnesses the testing.

to me, that's LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of what other companies do / offer.

i'm willing to call as much as the next person, but from what i've read / seen in this thread, it's hard for me to say that about the wires.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

im glad i kept up here. granatelli has me convinced at least for now. good job to him.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

granatelli shot a 17 minute long video + another video using an msd tester for members here. did they have to? no.

they also are willing to shoot a video using a stock camaro for members here. do they have to? no.

granatelli is even willing to install a set of wires on a person's vehicle at their shop while the owner makes their own video or witnesses the testing.

to me, that's LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of what other companies do / offer.

i'm willing to call as much as the next person, but from what i've read / seen in this thread, it's hard for me to say that about the wires.
Where's the LIke Button
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
im glad i kept up here. granatelli has me convinced at least for now. good job to him.
Yeah I might be getting a set of wires as well.. Any HP gain is good I jsut wish the wires were red instead of blue

I wonder what my application would pick up with the GMS wires...
Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
I got an idea, first get off your soapbox. You dont think people are thankful of our wonderful sponsors here at tech? It takes a pretty big idot to think that a S P O N S O R doesnt P A Y for this site so what is your point This thread is a discussion, if you feel like us "all" have been asses and that there is no point to this, then you have alot to learn.

The last part of what you said is really the only thing that makes any sort of sense, congrats on one of the dumbest post on here

And congrats agreeing with one of the dumbest posts on here. No offense but if you couldn't have said it any better, then my comment is for you to read too

Hey Texan, have you read any of the previous 353 posts? You are really going to call that one of the dumbest?

Would YOU pay to sponsor this site if you had some of its members threatening to "say that to my face ******"?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

The moon landings were in my basement. All of them.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea mighty Texan, because I don't agree with you Ive made the dumbest post on the whole forum. Great comeback!

Quick Reply: Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??