Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JetMech99
Hey Texan, have you read any of the previous 353 posts? You are really going to call that one of the dumbest?

Would YOU pay to sponsor this site if you had some of its members threatening to "say that to my face ******"?
Of course I've read the previous posts. Yup, ONE of the dumbest, that one was the first to come to mind don't worry! I highly doubt a comment like that has much or any relevance to this discussion, so I try not to even acknowledge it, but if you pride yourself on that being dumber then that helps prove my point.

With a site this big and with this many members, sure why not? Just because there are one or two immature people that make statements like that, that everyone can see as being pointless, why should that stop you from being a sponsor. If a majority was, yeah I probably wouldn't waste my time. One or two people saying that probably wouldn't affect my decision to be a sponsor.

Originally Posted by t/a98
Yea mighty Texan, because I don't agree with you Ive made the dumbest post on the whole forum. Great comeback!
ONE of the dumbest posts, I don't care if you argee with me that's 100% fine. Your rant just was pointless and didn't make a whole lot or any sense, show me how it does I'm all ears.

Edit: what comeback?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t/a98
Granatelli has PROVEN their wires make more power, they have a satisfaction guarantee and he is willing to dyno your car back to back for free!!! What else can we ask? He even lowered the price of the wires for us, THREAD CLOSED!!
What I do believe to be the relevance to this thread lies here Texan. Gran has made some crazy claims, and folks, myself included, have been huge skeptics. the man has also been willing to take his time and money/shop resources to prove to us that his claims are true. Come here and we'll dyno you for free? Who else says that other than a man completely certain of himself.

Now I believe the point of t/a98s post, which I obviously agreed to, is to say that were a bunch of ******** for attacking the man for him claims. Sure they seem outlandish, but instead of us all attacking, we should have taken the "prove us wrong" stance. And don't get me wrong some have. But alot have strait up attacked the man.

There's really no need to call anyone stupid, you can disagree with a post, but resorting to calling people stupid for their opinions is no better than the "I'll **** you up" guy.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Teching In

What I do believe to be the relevance to this thread lies here Texan. Gran has made some crazy claims, and folks, myself included, have been huge skeptics. the man has also been willing to take his time and money/shop resources to prove to us that his claims are true. Come here and we'll dyno you for free? Who else says that other than a man completely certain of himself.

Now I believe the point of t/a98s post, which I obviously agreed to, is to say that were a bunch of ******** for attacking the man for him claims. Sure they seem outlandish, but instead of us all attacking, we should have taken the "prove us wrong" stance. And don't get me wrong some have. But alot have strait up attacked the man.

There's really no need to call anyone stupid, you can disagree with a post, but resorting to calling people stupid for their opinions is no better than the "I'll **** you up" guy.
if i could also add, when's the LAST time anyone's seen the owner of a company agree to do tests EXACTLY the way skeptics say to do them?

what answer do you think i'd get if i called a company, asked to talk to the owner, said i was skeptical about their product, and told them i wanted them to run video recorded tests (on a dyno) in a way that'd satisfy me?

i'd probably be told to pound sand, go look online, or on their website for the info.

granatelli has been more than willing to run a myriad of tests in variations people suggest. people here are saying do this and that, under these conditions, back to back and give us a video. granatelli has done so.

and even under conditions skeptics make, the video shows an increase. the tests back up what granatelli says.

i would gladly call on the claims, but as i said... granatelli has made that hard for me concerning these wires.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

I agree 100% with this.

Maybe that was the point, but it is certainly different than what was said. Most of this i might agree with or at least respect as ones opinion. Read the original post, and then what i said.

That is your opinion. If this is true than the people correcting the "ill **** you up guy" had no need doing so because that is his opinion and should be respected for it. Never the less, I felt like calling out this "trollish rant" for those reasons i have already stated. If you don't agree with it, (as you have shown you don't) that is fine.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Then I shall shake your hand sir, I have nothing against you nor anyone else here.

But lets get back to the point at hand.... anyone here live within a reasonable distance to GMS? I really want to see someone take him up on his offer!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

^ No kidding gotta be someone there! Too bad they aren't same price as msd's or im sure there would not even be a question for anyone. Even with the price drop there a little steep, but i think besides the better design they are probably a better constructed wire (gaurentee behind them supports that also).
Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Update:

We got 2 sets of firecore 50 wires in last week.
1 for me, 1 for my mate.
My car is is getting work done so i couldn't test my wires or engine.

We tested the wires on my mates car LS3 standard wires came in at 430ohms
firecore50 wires came in at 38-39ohms awesome result, we drove it the AFR's changed, all good they work great!

My wires custom length.
Now these are all within what firecore50 claims in ohms but i figured and so did firecore50 that my MSD wires that i crimpped myself were obviously ******* in ohms than FC50 but this was not the case....

Firecore50 claim 50ohms per foot.

so let me do the figures.

1ft = 304.8mm

1- 460mm MSD- 49.3ohm FC-69.3 ---- 50hms per ft=75.45
2- 560mm MSD- 63.4ohm FC-90.3 ---- 50hms per ft= 91.86
3- 660mm MSD-82.2ohm FC-105.5 ---- 50hms per ft=108.2
4- 760mm MSD- 90.6 FC-115.3 ---- 50hms per ft=124.6
5- 560mm MSD-65.4ohm FC-82.4 ---- 50hms per ft=91.86
6- 700mm MSD-84.2ohm FC-104.5 ---- 50hms per ft=114.8
7- 800mm MSD-99ohm FC-121.7 ---- 50hms per ft=131.2
8- 850mm MSD-103.1 FC-130.5 ---- 50hms per ft=139.4

So based on these figures yes they are all just less than 50ohms per foot but no where near as good as the MSD i made myself!

Still going to by the granatelli's and hopeing to have 0ohms or under 2ohms like the video in my custom length.

not the happiest of days, probably should have done an ohm reading on my MSD i made myself before buying the firecore50's.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Like I said as soon as someone not on payroll can prove using scientific methodology I will admit I was wrong and likely even buy a set.

But right now we need tests to help cut down variables and repeatability.

There was 1 guy who claimed ~8-10rwhp from truck coils too and that turned out to be an anomaly. Half a dozen sponsors who could make a killing selling and installing truck coils called BS and people kept trying them and IIRC there were never any other gains posted by someone else.

If I had access to a dyno I would try them. After all they have a money back guarantee and I might like the fit/look better than what I have now.

BTW: Do these have bendable boots like the msd wires? My headers make that pretty much a requirement and I still have to install kevlar boots to keep from burning 3 of the wires.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

This thread is headed towards epicness....
Old 03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

no answer to my question?anyone?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

^ Must be some sort of loop hole or something. When I joined here I learned the rules through what people said. To this day I still don't know them really just what people say or more significantly when mods come in to state one.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Mods ? Do you not see this? Must be a loophole then?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

What comes to mind is when people put a link to selling their cars or what not in their sig.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
BTW: Do these have bendable boots like the msd wires? My headers make that pretty much a requirement and I still have to install kevlar boots to keep from burning 3 of the wires.
We use high temp silicone - so yes they are pliable
Old 03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Pliable, but do they stay bent? The MSD feel like they have a metal skeleton inside that will let them hold the bend to clear header tubes.

Your video mentioned different angled ends so one of those might work but I'm not sure...
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Pliable, but do they stay bent? The MSD feel like they have a metal skeleton inside that will let them hold the bend to clear header tubes.

Your video mentioned different angled ends so one of those might work but I'm not sure...
OK I understand now - no ours will not hold the bent shape - we do offer then in straight or 80^ bent

We also have the fire sleeve version for severe duty
Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
That is purely AWESOME.. Nothing like backing up your product
Exactly...

I'm sold..

I'll get the GMS Wires next time I need a set. For sure. I'd like to see how long the GMS coils last too. Just got real tired of hearing people constantly bitching so I butt out of the thread for a while.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

And.... uhhh... I've never been one to bash, but I was hoping GMS could correct their site.

Anyone else see something odd here? I checked their page to see what else they had available.... Unless this is just a different type of dyno.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

looks like a awd dyno, they use them for rwd too. Heard they can be sketchy
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Really? Who'd you hear it from?

Quick Reply: Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??