Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheres a good place to find a 99-02 wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheres a good place to find a 99-02 wiring harness?

Ive been looking EVERYWHERE and I cant find any..anyone have any good suggestions?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
9 Second Club

I had a custom one made at Speartech. They are a sponsor on this site.---->
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

would they be good for my RX7? What im saying is..if I bought their harness for 750$ would it work with an 02 PCM and not have to be further modified?(some companies do harness mods for 400$ to make it so it can hook up to the RX7..and I dont wanna buy a new harness then have to hack it up and spend all that money)
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would like to know this to..

fixing a flooder,
Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Teching In

If youre looking for an ls1 engine harness, Im sure you know it wont be cheap, but a junk yard is probably the cheapest available option. I did a search on car-part.com, which shows all of the salvage yards around the country and if they have the part in stock. ended up picking one up for around 250-300 dollars, I forget exactly how much.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snyper
would they be good for my RX7? What im saying is..if I bought their harness for 750$ would it work with an 02 PCM and not have to be further modified?(some companies do harness mods for 400$ to make it so it can hook up to the RX7..and I dont wanna buy a new harness then have to hack it up and spend all that money)
When I built my 67 Firebird with an LS1 in it, I had Speartech make a custom harness with just the bare bones stuff I needed to have to race the car. I then got a PCM for a 02 Camaro SS and hooked the harness up and everything worked great. He can make the harness any length you want so it will fit in the car good. I did have to tune the car with HP tuners to dial in everything and turn off all the different error codes I got from deleting things on the harness such as air conditioning, VATs, ect. It won't be your cheapest option but, if you want a quality harness with just the stuff you need to run the car its a great product. Hope that helps!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z06kern
When I built my 67 Firebird with an LS1 in it, I had Speartech make a custom harness with just the bare bones stuff I needed to have to race the car. I then got a PCM for a 02 Camaro SS and hooked the harness up and everything worked great. He can make the harness any length you want so it will fit in the car good. I did have to tune the car with HP tuners to dial in everything and turn off all the different error codes I got from deleting things on the harness such as air conditioning, VATs, ect. It won't be your cheapest option but, if you want a quality harness with just the stuff you need to run the car its a great product. Hope that helps!
Thats pretty much what I was looking for. I can get a used one for 250 then have to spend around 450 after shipping to get it converted to work with my car so end up at 700 with all old wires, or I can get that one for 750 said and done. I only need the bare bones stuff too...as long as it works with an 02 PCM I will be happy...not to mention the custom length to put the PCM inside the car... Now will all the open ended wires be labed to go to their correct spots? I have to wire it all into the RX7s dash and other accessories.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:12 AM
9 Second Club

All the plugs have labels on them. They send you a sheet of paper that shows the complete harness and explains most of the connections you will have to make. As long as your using an GM PCM your not going to have any trouble. I would just give them a call and explain what you want to do.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not sure if im allowed to post this cause they arent a sponsor but fbodymotorsports.com has anything u could want for factory =)