Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LS6 Intake Manifold for 1997-00 LS1 Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP LS6 Intake Manifold for 1997-00 LS1 Engines

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30041
From one of our sponsors. Here's the intake that I'm looking at to replace my stock intake manifold on my '98 SS. I'm looking at this one because of it's EGR modification, which enables the use of the vehicles stock EGR system and this LS-6 intake manifold looks nearly indistinguishable from the original LS-1 intake manifold making it a direct bolt-on replacement and passing the visual smog inspection here in crapy california. Whatcha think?? If not this one, I need one VERY similar to the stock with working EGR. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:34 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear you live in california. I had that same one on my Z28 since the week it appeared on the market. They are a little bit on the expensive side, but I would think that you could run without egr and still be able to pass. The newer model f-bodies did not have this provision. You could pick up an LS6 used for about 300$ in the parts for sale section on here no problem if you find out otherwise about the emissions. I am probably not a good person to ask because I saw off that kinda stuff and never look back.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to buy that same one but i decided to buy a used one from this forum for $300. I bet you a smog tech will not even notice you don't have egr on your car
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to save money and still use EGR due to emissions issues, follow these steps.

1) Purchase a used LS6 intake from a member here. They pop up from time to time and will go as low as $300.

2)Buy this Ligenfelter piece http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/l200070498.html

even with shipping involved, you will still save over the SLP piece AND will look and bolt in just like the LS1 intake. If you grind off the fins on the bottom of the LS6 intake, it will be a perfect bolt in. It'll take longer to grind the fins and mod the intake than it will to install the intake.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is exactly what I did. I did not want the hassle of dealing with a smog guy who would dot every "i" and cross every "t". Some guys care what you have others do not. Some only care that you pass the sniffer. Others will want to check that you have everything connected.

If your car came with EGR chances are the smog guys will know. Why take the chance? That Lingenfelter piece basically gets epoxied into the LS6 manifold hole. The hole just needs to get drilled out. Bottom line: You get improved performance and you pass the visual.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

I actually lucked out and found an LS6 manifold with EGR on this forum. Bought it for $325 I believe. Good mod for sure. Just be patient and look around
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Ordering the Lingenfelter piece is what I had planned on doing too. Unfortunately Lingenfelter doesn't have them anymore and they don't know if they will be carrying them again in the future.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be selling my SLP LS6 intake with the EGR provision in a week or 2. Will have a Shaner ported throttle body as well.