Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best spark plugs to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best spark plugs to use?

im looking to change out my spark plugs and was wondering what would be the best route for me for my mostly stock engine.

i heard ngk's will work well? anyone have any experience with them? any help would be appreciated

-dan
Old 03-15-2008, 11:21 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NGK TR55's are great for a stock setup. Even fine in the case that you have aftermarket mods too.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

NGK's seem to be pretty popular. I have the AC Delco Iridium plugs myself and they work great too.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by waldershrek
NGK's seem to be pretty popular. I have the AC Delco Iridium plugs myself and they work great too.
around the forum.... the forum boner for plugs is NGK but seriously... think about it.. yes they are cheaper than the AC Delco's however is your car not american? Why would would you want to add a foreign product the apitimy of an american muscle car?

The way I see it...

"No jap. **** in my car IF I can help it! " .... which you CAN! Yes AC Delco is more expensive but do it for the well being of AMERICA! Show you love your country and your car. Don't give it the enemies product!

Best of Luck.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Addict

^^^

These days hardly anything is made in America. Hell, most of the AC Delco stuff is made in Mexico
Old 03-16-2008, 02:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by waldershrek
^^^

These days hardly anything is made in America. Hell, most of the AC Delco stuff is made in Mexico
I was about to say the same thing, Parts are made in Mexico and Cars are made in Canada. lol
Old 03-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Banned

ANything NGK
Old 03-16-2008, 03:10 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would rather run something made in Japan over something from effing Mexico.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always ran NGK's in my LT1 and no LS1, no issues
Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
around the forum.... the forum boner for plugs is NGK but seriously... think about it.. yes they are cheaper than the AC Delco's however is your car not american? Why would would you want to add a foreign product the apitimy of an american muscle car?

The way I see it...

"No jap. **** in my car IF I can help it! " .... which you CAN! Yes AC Delco is more expensive but do it for the well being of AMERICA! Show you love your country and your car. Don't give it the enemies product!

Best of Luck.
Delco=expensive ****, at least the extra money goes to a good cause of paying for someones retirement. I'll buy American parts when we allow sweatshops and child labor. Its the only way to compete.

I just used the E3 Diamond Fires and have had them for 4000 miles and no problems. Some say Bosch sucks and others say they're great. Not all cars react the same to a plug, I would use the NGKs like most everyone says. You don't want to have to change that #8 a week from now.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

no offense, but japan doesn't use sweatshops or child labor to compete. a lot of their stuff is not all that cheap either. Look at the prices of stock parts for import cars vs our cars and you'll be shitting yourself to see something like brake pads go for 4x as much and be about 3/4 the size of ours...

I've been using NGK plugs for about 40k miles and so far so good. I'll be swapping them out this spring for a new set.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

No offense taken, just thinking on a global level of competion and my willingness to buy American parts just for the sake of buying American. I had a 87 Supra, parts we're cheap, unless you had the Turbo. Every mechanic says "well usually this is a cheap fix, Buuuut since you have a Turbo, the cost is ten times more"

Just to stay with the thread, DON'T BUY SPLITFIRES, They suck and are geared towards young idiots like myself 12 years ago, They could have said these plugs will make you fly and cook you dinner and my dumbass would've bought them.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

If you look at the cost between NGK Iridium and AC Delco Iridium, I think they are close to the same. At work we put in AC in every GM car and they seem to run great. I have the NGK's in my car, though. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but spend the extra dough and get iridiums. At this point its a matter of personal preference. Most here will recommend the NGK's.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

The way I see it...

Best of Luck.
i hate to be the bearer of bad news.70 percent of acdelco product is foreign made but to acdelco specs.i know this because i work for them and sell there products.
02 sensors and starters and alternators are still made in the good old USA.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Unless I see made in USA on it, I'll take it as made somewhere off this continent. Heck my C6 shifter ****'s plastic bag it came with had a Made in Mexico sticker... as least with Canadian made stuff it's still manufactured with a sense of pride and craftsmanship that we can appreciate. but this Mexico junk kinda gets to me. At the bottom of the **** the leather isn't bonded around the press in area. You won't see it when installed, BUT unless you make it a point to glue it, it's a section that can separate over time... how's that for cutting corners.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

The way I see it...

Best of Luck.
I heard the AC Delco's are made by NGK.....if you take the two and compare em they look the exact same.....I use the Autolite Copper and have gotten great results with em. Most people around here like the NGK's and for good reason, they are quality and produce great results.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
I heard the AC Delco's are made by NGK.....if you take the two and compare em they look the exact same.....I use the Autolite Copper and have gotten great results with em. Most people around here like the NGK's and for good reason, they are quality and produce great results.
Good point... some of the AC Delco Iridium plugs say NGK right on them now that I think about it...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Using TR55's here, they have been working well.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Factory AC Delco is the only way to go, for reliability. You can get 100k out of those plugs so long as you take care of your car. The NGKs are very good and have more choices (for mods, nitrous, etc) but do not last as long. If you change your plugs every 25-50k anyway, go for the NGKs. If you have a high mileage daily driver like me and don't want to mess with it, Delcos all the way.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

The way I see it...

Best of Luck.
who cares where they are made..as long as they perform like they are supposed to.

typical american ignorance