Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New dyno #'s after Fast92 install!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I'm impressed. Any way you could post up 2 of the graphs. The rumor is that those intakes kill low end torque on the small motors. So, what were the gains at like 3500-4200 on the torque side.
My experience w/ FAST 90/90 on stock internal is loss of torque below 3500 and gain of torque above 3500 (this is w/o LT headers and w/o a new tune). The important thing to me though, was a consistent .3 quicker in the 1/4 mile.

LT headers are on my car now and it will be dyno tuned on Monday July 14. I will post the results.

Last edited by tee-boy; 07-07-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think this whole argument comes down to the tune. It's like backpressure. All experts say any backpressure is bad, but on some cars it will cause a loss of low end tq--if motor is not re-tuned. However, if the fuel/spark is changed to compensate for the reduction in backpressure at lower rpm, then you go back to "any backpressure is bad backpressure".

My opinion, is same thing on the intake side. Put intake/tb w/ larger diameter, w/o changing the amount of air that is entering and you will reduce pressure of the charge entering the cylinder at lower engine speeds. W/O a change in timing, the car may respond worse.

At WOT, it is a different story if the old intake acted as a restriction.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

For me the ported 92/92 really woke things up. Gained in all RPM ranges, torque and HP. Really began gaining around the 4,000 RPM and higher range. But, didn't lose anything anywhere. No lost low-end torque at all. Slight gain, not much until the 4,000 mark, then it takes off.

I agree, with stock internals, probably not worth the investment. But why would you even consider it with no mods? Just my opinion
Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
This guy Donnie posted something that showed he gained over an LS1 intake. An LS1 intake flows so horribly, any aftermarket intake is going to gain leaps and bounds over it. An LS6 intake would be the better choice for a stock NA motor application, and it's been shown time and time again for years and years on this site. You're more than welcome to dig through thousands of LS1tech threads over the years that I have read over years and years.
HOW MUCH OF A DUMBASS ARE YOU? your the bolt on queen, man.. the external section troll.. you seriously think an ls6 intake is better then a FAST 92mm for a 346 N/A motor? really? wow you have issues...................or your just jealous other people can afford mods and you cant? whats the deal?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
HOW MUCH OF A DUMBASS ARE YOU? your the bolt on queen, man.. the external section troll.. you seriously think an ls6 intake is better then a FAST 92mm for a 346 N/A motor? really? wow you have issues...................or your just jealous other people can afford mods and you cant? whats the deal?
I've found it best to put him on my ignore list. It isn't even worth my time to read what he writes, and from the looks of it, he hasn't changed a bit. You'll quickly find out that he likes to spout off his opinion whether or not he has any experience with the question/product at hand, and swings all over the nuts of the products he has actually scrounged up enough change to buy.

Just move on...he's another useless internet troll.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by s346k
yep, i saw quite a few 224 cams on the fastest cam only list.

most of what you're saying makes sense. one thing you're not considering is a CONSTANT. as in...you must apply the same scenario to all. you can't compare a "small cam that's well setup" to a "poorly setup big cam" because we know who will win and why. compare apples to apples, man. if the same attention to detail is given to both setups, the large cam will win in every aspect except sub 1,200 rpm driving. the only reason the 224 cam is so "great" is because it is so tolerable. any joe dirtE can install this cam and it will run "good" on stock heads, etc. with MINIMAL attention.

as for the OP - congratulations on the gains found with your fast 92 install. basically you are guaranteeing yourself +20whp with almost any cam install from here on out. not to mention should you spray, you can easily install a nice direct port setup.
wow! somone who makes sense!!
CHOCO open your fuggin eyes and try not to act like a 12 year old girl.
you REALLY think a 224/224 cam can out perform something like a 230/230 cam? same motor, just cam swaps... what do you think will constantly run better times
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I've found it best to put him on my ignore list. It isn't even worth my time to read what he writes, and from the looks of it, he hasn't changed a bit. You'll quickly find out that he likes to spout off his opinion whether or not he has any experience with the question/product at hand, and swings all over the nuts of the products he has actually scrounged up enough change to buy.

Just move on...he's another useless internet troll.
LOL hes such a tool, im about to take your advice
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

at the end of the day... Choco has no real world experience.. all his "experience" is from trolling the external section.. newbies should take what he says with a grain of salt
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
That's why a ported throttle body and an LS6 intake is recommended on a stock NA motor, not a FAST, and that is why people have noted drop-offs in low end with a FAST swap on a stock motor.
thats not a stock motor any more
Old 07-07-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

all i have to say is wow... this board sure has gone downhill since the last time I was heavily involved here.

I don't think anyone is denying that the Fast 90/92 is better than the LS6, etc. It's just a matter of what's needed for YOUR application. a complete stock cubed engine, stock bolt on's and you slap a 92mm intake on their it's gonna over do the motor.... YES it will give more hp/tq through the curve and times on the track but it's not worth the reward far as $$$ goes... for instance an LS6 may actually produce more hp/tq through the curve if the tune is right since it better suits the application. GET IT GUYS?

TOO much air intake with the 92mm for a stock application is so extreme it would probably be difficult to get the tuning parameters right compared to a simple tune with the LS6... since their's nothing to complement the 92 so tunning with the 92 you would be starting on the top and working your way down compared to the LS6 and starting on the bottom and working your way up in a sense
Old 07-07-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

thats why i stay out the external section...
Old 07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

threads like this belong on ls1.com
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for posting the results OP!

I'm sorry some dbags feel the need to hijack a thread and spend a couple pages bitching about what's internal.
Yes we get it, the one guy was talking about rotating assembly as internal and you were talking about the entire block, heads, cam and all.
We got that on the first post. Quit being a dbag and wasting thread space waiting, trying to get the other guy to bite just so you can throw your knowlege of what internal means at him.

To the other condom breaks STFU.
The OP was nice enough to share some dyno numbers with us.
He didn't hold you at gun point and say you had to buy a fast 92 and not an LS6. He didn't say the LS6 was bad for the money.
He simply said here's what I did and here's the results I got.
Take it for what it's worth. Maybe it will help someone else.
Instead we have 4 pages of useless bickering.
You know what instead of whining go do your own tests.
Go get an LS1 instake and LS6 intake and a fast 92, hell better get a fast 90 while your at it, an SSI, and Weiand and a carb conversion intake.
Go do all that and dyno them all the same day and post it and I promise you people will still bitch you did something wrong.
Fing ungrateful, whiney little cry babies.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

I think we need a lock on this thread
Old 07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dankl
I think we need a lock on this thread
...but it's just getting good
Old 07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

^^^Good Point

Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

yup, keep it open so we can get more info from "condom breaks"
Old 07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
9 Second Club

Lets all listen to the song, why cant we be frends... By the way i have a ported 92/92 sitting in my room waiting to go on so soon i can have some imput as well. I do have oppinions on the other argument, such as header primary's can be too big and kill power, but im not even going to attempt getting yelled at by anyone.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Damnit Drag Kid Go To Your Room!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Thanks for posting the results OP!

The OP was nice enough to share some dyno numbers with us.
He didn't hold you at gun point and say you had to buy a fast 92 and not an LS6. He didn't say the LS6 was bad for the money.
He simply said here's what I did and here's the results I got.
Take it for what it's worth. Maybe it will help someone else.
Instead we have 4 pages of useless bickering.
You know what instead of whining go do your own tests.
Go get an LS1 instake and LS6 intake and a fast 92, hell better get a fast 90 while your at it, an SSI, and Weiand and a carb conversion intake.
Go do all that and dyno them
all the same day and post it and I promise you people will still bitch you did something wrong.
Fing ungrateful, whiney little cry babies.
That's a good idea

yup, keep it open so we can get more info from "condom breaks"
c'mon man, it's a popular public forum, easy bro

Originally Posted by Dragkid1917
Lets all listen to the song, why cant we be frends... By the way i have a ported 92/92 sitting in my room waiting to go on so soon i can have some imput as well. I do have oppinions on the other argument, such as header primary's can be too big and kill power, but im not even going to attempt getting yelled at by anyone.
I want to see dyno results!

Damnit Drag Kid Go To Your Room!!!!!
Relax brother, you're letting opinions get you pissed. It's all good to share opinions and real life experience. Hey, if someone doesn't sway your way, don't bother getting bent. Your opinion is just as valid as others It's all good

Quick Reply: New dyno #'s after Fast92 install!!