Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Texas Speed cam install done.. now waiting on their tune.. pretty disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Texas Speed cam install done.. now waiting on their tune.. pretty disappointed

EDIT - Jon took care of me. Excellent like he usually is.

Well I ordered my cam last Monday the 12th in the evening, and sent my pcm Tuesday the 13th in the afternoon for a mailorder tune. Well it's 2 day ground shipping between TSP and here, so the shipping delays don't matter much. Well my PCM arrived there Thursday according to my tracking number. I've called every single day to check the status on my stuff since I never got anything emailed. First let me say, Jon Reynolds is who i've been dealing with every time I call, and he is definitely very nice. He seems like he's trying to get my stuff in order and I appreciate it. Well, apparently the guy with the key to their mailbox left for the weekend, and they didn't get my PCM out of their mailbox untill MONDAY afternoon. Well I was told before I placed the order, mailorder tuning is done same day, and shipped out same day. It seems pretty practical since I ordered their cam, and my car is simply boltons otherwise.

Well finally my cam was shipped out friday afternoon. I'm not sure why it took 4 full business days to ship a cam kit, oil pump, and gasket set, but whatever. So I've been calling all week wondering when I'd get my PCM, and I said several times I'd like to have it thursday before the cold front moves in friday. Well I got my cam yesterday, and I finished installing it today.

The install was pretty easy, this is my first LS1 car so it was a new experience for me. I did the pen magnet method, and used a spark plug air hose to hold the valves up while changing springs. The GTO guy's tool worked excellent and everything was a snap. The new oil pump (ported LS6) was a pain to line up with the pickup tube, but that's just good ole LS1 engineering.

So I call today after finishing the cam install, wondering when I'd get my pcm. Well, Jon informs me it was just finished yesterday afternoon, and would only ship out this afternoon. I ask what it would take to have it here tomorrow like I had originally been asking for, and I was told next day would cost me somewhere around $50. So now I just get to pay $20 for 2nd day air shipping to be guaranteed to get my pcm before the weekend.

I'm really pretty disappointed with my experience so far. 4 business days to ship the cam kit, 2 business days to open the mail box, 3 business days to tune, and now I get to pay for expedited shipping to have my pcm here Friday. It's been in the sixties and beautiful all week, and from friday on, 30's and snow. I know TSP can't control the weather, and they probably don't worry about cold, but damn. Like I said, Jon Reynolds has been very nice to me even though I've called every day wondering where my stuff is, but it is kind of ridiculous. He said he'd knock some off of the tune to help cover some of the shipping, but there really should be no reason it's not here already.

I'm sure it will all pay off in the end, and maybe I'm just being picky, but I really don't expect long waits from a reputable sponsor. I paid upfront with no BS, and I expect the same service in return. Sure I've only spent a bit over a grand, but I also scheduled a dyno for the car in March over spring break and I had several friends wanting to take their cars also. Now after all of this, I'm seriously considering just losing the $230 I spent on the tune and paying for a full dyno elsewhere.

Last edited by FlashLCD33; 01-21-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patience is key. Jon will do you right man. Thats who I deal with. Sometimes things are late due to them waiting for shipments to arrive. They could have been waiting on some of your gaskets from GM to arrive to complete the cam install kit, thats what happened to me once.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

Man, I'm definitely sorry for the delays on getting everything to you. This time of year has us running crazy with orders between customer's tax returns coming up and off-season projects. Our shipping dept. is swamped and running behind with orders. I believe the parts were held up due to the oil pumps being on back-order.

We weren't able to get the PCM until monday due to one of the owners being out of town with the mail key. Once it was here, we just were so busy we didn't get to it until late yesterday.

I know talking about it doesn't help you but customer service is our number one priority. To help you out I will have the computer to you tomorrow on TSP. Again, I'm sorry for the delay and we appreciate your business! Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

(Shoot me your email and I will make sure the correct one is entered so you receive tracking numbers on future orders.)

Jon Reynolds
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

^^Thats the service I always recieve from TSP & Jon. Hence why I keep goin back to them, LOL.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I work in the retail parts business Like TSP but I do high performance offroad Jeeps. All I can tell you is **** happens sometimes thats beyond any salesman or companies control. However as a customer as well I can see why your frustrated. I've Dealt with TSP several times and spent over 5k in parts over the course of several orders and I never had the issues your having. In short this is not how they usually do business,sorry to hear about your issue.

Edit I see Jon took care of you.... thats good service lol
Old 01-21-2009, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

^^ this is what I've been talking about Jon. I talked to someone else before and I wasn't overly impressed, but Jon has always been nice to me.

I really don't expect handouts, and I understand that sometimes things take a while. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude or accusing of things, but it's been a long week in the shop already and I just want to drive my damn car lol

BTW - Jon did you just try to call my house? I was in the garage and missed a call, but I noticed a TX number. I'll PM my email and cell number if it was you.

Thanks again Jon I appreciate it man. I'm sorry I've been annoying calling every day, I'm pretty anxious to see the damn thing run

Edit - just got off of the phone with Jon. Everything is in order. I'm definitely happy now, I'll finally get to drive the car again lol. I'll delete my post and put up pics/vids in shortly.

Last edited by FlashLCD33; 01-21-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

No worries man! I know how it is when you want your car back together. We're always willing to help where we can. I got everything straightened out and it will be out of here shortly via UPS and you will see it tomorrow.

Thanks again for your business and be sure to let us know how everything works for you!

Jon
Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have spent alot of money with texas speed and i have always talked to trevor and sometimes matt if trevor isnt able to talk, but i have never been dissapointed with tsp. i work at a dealership and i wait on parts that were supposed to be there a week earlier. its just out of thier control most of the time so just try to keep that in mind. good luck!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

yea trust me I ordered my heads and cam off Jon as well as a few bolt on's and he definitely hooked me up with one nasty package(pretty much everything in my sig below). It will be well worth the wait man.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got off the phone with jon to order some headers..Nice guy and he has taken care of me in the past when I bought stage2.5 5.3 heads,gaskets,arp bolts,ls7 lifters,and been happy with them...When their headers come in stock I'll be ordering them
Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i ordered my cam 2 weeks ago but they bearly shipped it today. and my enginebuilder leaves on vaction on friday.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered alot of parts from sponsors too over the past couple of weeks. I have been getting frustrated as well with the time it takes for my parts to arrive. You cant really hold it against them tho. Business' are really backed up this time of year, and this is what happens.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

True^^...
Old 01-21-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been more than pleased with TSP's serivce
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I ordered alot of parts from sponsors too over the past couple of weeks. I have been getting frustrated as well with the time it takes for my parts to arrive. You cant really hold it against them tho. Business' are really backed up this time of year, and this is what happens.
With the economy the way it is right now all of the guys better get on the ball.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

i've been waiting on lifters for WEEKS now. my pistons took 8 weeks, crank took 21 weeks....like stated, given the economy and the way the aftermarket industry is acting, be glad you're going to get your stuff at all , but i feel your pain too, it sucks waiting for parts
Old 01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Launching!

TSP is a stand up company. I have never purchased anything through them until the other day. Jon and Matt have been taking care of me on my current build. I am currently having my H/C install and waiting on the results. It should be done tomorrow however there have been a few bumps in the road. All things have been out of there control. They are truly an shop that takes care of it customers.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6RED2002TA
TSP is a stand up company. I have never purchased anything through them until the other day. Jon and Matt have been taking care of me on my current build. I am currently having my H/C install and waiting on the results. It should be done tomorrow however there have been a few bumps in the road. All things have been out of there control. They are truly an shop that takes care of it customers.
Indeed.

Quick Reply: Got my Texas Speed cam install done.. now waiting on their tune.. pretty disappointed