Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, Im glad Hutto isnt an enemy of mine....
Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy
I would never hand port LSx heads. a CNC can do a much better job. Finishing it by hand is another preference though.

JUST SEND THEM TO TEA ask for MIKE
We appreciate the props, thanks!

Our CNC ported Dart heads have made 800 crank hp on a 400 cubic inch engine, so they seem to work pretty well.

I know there is a lot of debate about which is better, CNC or hand porting. I ported heads by hand professionally for 10 years before I bought a CNC. The largest benefit of a CNC is a sharp programmer can duplicate your port design within 1%, and produce that port time after time, day after day. So if someone has spent a month coming up with the perfect port, we can duplicate it within 1%

With that being said, if the same person that spent a month coming up with that perfect port tried to duplicate it within 1% on all 8 ports, he would spend months trying to do that. There are so many things that effect the flow of a cylinder head that the people trying to do it by hand will beat their head against the wall trying to get the same results every day, trust me, I know.

The next problem with porting heads by hand, and I can personally attest to this, is that your porting is only as good as your worst employee on their worst day. So the employee who stayed out all night drinking and got 2 hours of sleep before coming to work is not the guy you want porting on your heads, trust me on this also.

There are variances in flow even with a CNC. If the port or chamber is a few thousanths out of location, it will effect the flow. If the porting tool gets dull, it can effect the flow. If the valve or valve job isn't right, it will effect the flow. We even have ports that are effected by barometric pressure. So when you have a CNC you can quickly zoom into a flow problem. If your porting heads by hand....good luck.

With that being said, can a CNC port be improved upon? Most times I would say yes, however, we have ports that can be sanded smooth and lose airflow. So if your porter doesn't have experience with improving a top notch CNC head, he should get one to play with before laying a hand on yours.

To the OP, I'm sure Hans will take care of you.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
We appreciate the props, thanks!

Our CNC ported Dart heads have made 800 crank hp on a 400 cubic inch engine, so they seem to work pretty well.

I know there is a lot of debate about which is better, CNC or hand porting. I ported heads by hand professionally for 10 years before I bought a CNC. The largest benefit of a CNC is a sharp programmer can duplicate your port design within 1%, and produce that port time after time, day after day. So if someone has spent a month coming up with the perfect port, we can duplicate it within 1%

With that being said, if the same person that spent a month coming up with that perfect port tried to duplicate it within 1% on all 8 ports, he would spend months trying to do that. There are so many things that effect the flow of a cylinder head that the people trying to do it by hand will beat their head against the wall trying to get the same results every day, trust me, I know.

The next problem with porting heads by hand, and I can personally attest to this, is that your porting is only as good as your worst employee on their worst day. So the employee who stayed out all night drinking and got 2 hours of sleep before coming to work is not the guy you want porting on your heads, trust me on this also.

There are variances in flow even with a CNC. If the port or chamber is a few thousanths out of location, it will effect the flow. If the porting tool gets dull, it can effect the flow. If the valve or valve job isn't right, it will effect the flow. We even have ports that are effected by barometric pressure. So when you have a CNC you can quickly zoom into a flow problem. If your porting heads by hand....good luck.

With that being said, can a CNC port be improved upon? Most times I would say yes, however, we have ports that can be sanded smooth and lose airflow. So if your porter doesn't have experience with improving a top notch CNC head, he should get one to play with before laying a hand on yours.

To the OP, I'm sure Hans will take care of you.

I know I’ll get crucified again .... but you put it beautify Tooley, that’s what I was trying to say but you did it very gracefully...back to my Car and Driver I go.....great article on page 43…
Old 04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
was told the surface would b ok with non boosted and stock headgasket but not with cometics and 14lb. and yes hans new what the app was.
And whose telling you this by the way? XHP? If so, there's a reason they arent in the machine shop business. You figure it out. Don't let em blow smoke and mirrors either. You could call Hot Street down in Burleson and ask them all about the motors they built for them..You'll get a laugh.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Louis
Man, Im glad Hutto isnt an enemy of mine....
Right!

I was going to stop by the other day when i left Brandons to come **** with you a little bit and see what you were up to. I havent seen you it seems like in AGES!

Louis, there's reason you guys are still in business...And you know exactly why!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

hans knows how i feel and like i said i have only stated facts. hans should have inspected the work his guy did and if he has seen this thread it will help to keep the next guy from having this problem because he will stay on top of his guys like he did in the past. hope he reads the entire thread instead of what someone tells him. then atleast he will know i havent bashed him just shared my experience. if that pisses him off at me then oh well he would do the same if it was the other way around. i would use him again as long as this turns out good. and i think it will now that he knows whats up. it just sucks that his porter tried to slide 1 by.
With this attitude I see here...Id drop your **** off a cliff if you brought it back for me to take care of and still didnt delete your post. Thats just me. And im sure a few others that are serious in the business and 1 person wont make his shop fold for damn sure. Especially a **** ant like you with street car bullshit. Have a good day.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
With this attitude I see here...Id drop your **** off a cliff if you brought it back for me to take care of and still didnt delete your post. Thats just me. And im sure a few others that are serious in the business and 1 person wont make his shop fold for damn sure. Especially a **** ant like you with street car bullshit. Have a good day.
im glad your back and unbanned you keep all these bitches in check
Old 04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
...can a CNC port be improved upon?... yes...
There is your answer right there.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

1st off i dont believe in talking **** over a computer. if you want to act big and bad do it in person. atleast a few people on here know me and know that when i say this i mean it. i dont talk much in person either. but im sure we can work out any personal issues we may have. that said i dont know you or care to. as for name calling thats a bit childish dont you think. and i'm sure hans is man enough not to need your input. hes a big boy and can take care of his own stuff.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ramairracer
im glad your back and unbanned you keep all these bitches in check
by the way see the response he got.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

1st off i dont believe in talking **** over a computer. if you want to act big and bad do it in person. atleast a few people on here know me and know that when i say this i mean it. i dont talk much in person either. but im sure we can work out any personal issues we may have. that said i dont know you or care to. as for name calling thats a bit childish dont you think. and i'm sure hans is man enough not to need your input. hes a big boy and can take care of his own stuff.
FWIW, I had issues with a former sponsor on here. I was getting the run-a-round on a couple grand worth of parts that were "on their way," or were just wrong altogether. For example, they tried to give me a $100 Rollmaster double roller, when I ordered and paid for a $200 Cloyes Hex-Adjust single roller. I posted a thread about it, careful not to bash the company, but explain the unsatisfactory service I received. They responded via pm, the thread was deleted by a Mod, and I got my stuff in less than a week. Sometimes it works.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not calling anyone a "name"..Just sucks that you feel guilty about it. Life's a bitch, then you end up someone's....
Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im not calling anyone a "name"..Just sucks that you feel guilty about it. Life's a bitch, then you end up someone's....
at first i thought about it and figured there was no point in responding further to you. then i thought about it and if i felt guilty i would have deleted the thread. and as far as ending up someones..... were back to the childish ****.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KCS
FWIW, I had issues with a former sponsor on here. I was getting the run-a-round on a couple grand worth of parts that were "on their way," or were just wrong altogether. For example, they tried to give me a $100 Rollmaster double roller, when I ordered and paid for a $200 Cloyes Hex-Adjust single roller. I posted a thread about it, careful not to bash the company, but explain the unsatisfactory service I received. They responded via pm, the thread was deleted by a Mod, and I got my stuff in less than a week. Sometimes it works.
to be honest i didnt figure anyone would read it but wanted to save someone else the same trouble i've had. and when hans asked what i wanted him to do aboutt it i said nothing just wanted him to know whats up and really didnt want to slow the build down more. hell i;ve waited long enough and want to drive the damn thing. i would have hoped hans would take care of it. i just hope it doesnt take too long. thanks though. and if a mod deletes this all i can say is too bad but atleast the message got out and in the long run it would probably just leave it bad for hans. considering he is taking care of it and i wouldnt be able to give anyone an update.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

at first i thought about it and figured there was no point in responding further to you. then i thought about it and if i felt guilty i would have deleted the thread. and as far as ending up someones..... were back to the childish ****.
Childish is whining about work, dragging the guys name through the mud, giving it back to him to fix like nothing is wrong, and still having a post up about it. Sit and think about that before you respond again. It might bring out the true mature person in you..Then again, it might now. I'll just call you a hypocrite and leave it at that. I mean you still have some **** about him in your SIGNATURE for crying out loud. You sound like a scorned woman.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v6 bird
childish is whining about work, dragging the guys name through the mud, giving it back to him to fix like nothing is wrong, and still having a post up about it. Sit and think about that before you respond again. It might bring out the true mature person in you..then again, it might now. I'll just call you a hypocrite and leave it at that. I mean you still have some **** about him in your signature for crying out loud. You sound like a scorned woman.

ditto!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Childish is whining about work, dragging the guys name through the mud, giving it back to him to fix like nothing is wrong, and still having a post up about it. Sit and think about that before you respond again. It might bring out the true mature person in you..Then again, it might now. I'll just call you a hypocrite and leave it at that. I mean you still have some **** about him in your SIGNATURE for crying out loud. You sound like a scorned woman.
as for the sig my bad forgot about it. as for dragging his name through the mud. i stated facts. as for your mouth grow up or say it in person. i'll revert back to when i was younger and give you a good 'ol country *** whoopin'. pm sent....

Last edited by blown99bergerssclone; 04-24-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really don't see the point of this thread either. If you had taken the heads back to Hans and he told you to eat it, yeah, it would be justified. He's working with you...why does there need to be a post about it?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why is this in External action
Old 04-24-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
I really don't see the point of this thread either. If you had taken the heads back to Hans and he told you to eat it, yeah, it would be justified. He's working with you...why does there need to be a post about it?
Here's a Hans customer right here. Hello there good buddy. LOL How'd the father life going?

To the OP....***** in your court. You've got my address. bet you won't show your face.

Quick Reply: hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!