Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
all i can say is the intake is going to kill the car. along with the elbow setup if that was my car it would have a 4150 t/b on it. Looks like Geoff speced the cam to a vic but that means he's is counting on you to spin it. but as jon said and from what i seen a fast 102 would still do better.
But like chris said i know of one other car running the prc's and is under the knife now. and if that car does not so well with track and dyno numbers then i am sold on the fact that the prc line is nothing but budget head. but we will see how the build turns out. the proof is in the pudding

we will see tho till then its all hear say

Rob
The car has a 4150 TB on it... I chose to go that route over the elbow setups I have seen. If it had an elbow I wouldn't have had to cut my cowl. I'm not saying that the carb hat is the ideal setup, but it beats the hell out of a standard single blade throttle body and a low profile elbow!

Also, planning on spinning the motor around 7000-7200 RPM
Old 04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ryle
The car has a 4150 TB on it... I chose to go that route over the elbow setups I have seen. If it had an elbow I wouldn't have had to cut my cowl. I'm not saying that the carb hat is the ideal setup, but it beats the hell out of a standard single blade throttle body and a low profile elbow!

Also, planning on spinning the motor around 7000-7200 RPM
that is most likely where it is going to peak so you are going to want to shift 400-500 higher than that...

I shift my ss4000 at 7300 and I have a fast 102...the victor should push the power up 300-400rpm higher than mine...

I would takes jon's advice and get a fast...
Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Haha yeah that was what i was trying to say..hense the sarcasm note...it is like comparing apples to oranges is all i was saying with the marketing pitch...not a big deal people make their own decisions...

I would love to see a build thread and i am sure a ton of other people would too...

What i was hinting about secrets is 24x/24x, not the full duration, no lift, no lsa or advance...

Is the compression at 12.5:1 or is that a ballpark number caused i asked that along with alot of other people in the drag racing results section for the 9.66 and it never got answered...

What power did it make to the ground? Is there a graph we can look at the curve, engine or chassis?

how much was flycut, milled, what gaskets?

what tire and rear gear?

converter was mentioned as 5900 stall, no brand though?

Did the 102 intake have to be realigned and massaged after the major milling?

What lifters and pushrods are used, standard stuff? is it still hydraulic or solid?

What i am saying is i think you guys have a ton of great knowledge and I know a ton of people would gain so much from a post/thread like that...They could learn a bunch, just like you said you tested a bunch of intakes and went back to the fast intake cause the others were less than stellar...Is there a thread on those amazing findings? I think that is what tech is about, results like that? I alway try and post my finding and results so other can learn and maybe not make the same mistakes I have.

I can understand if you are in a class and trying to inch every single hundreth, but it is a shop car with an internet record...I just think the knowledge and results would greatly be appreciated by all and would also show there is nothing hiding...I think it would speak very highly of a sponsored shop...

Chris

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
LOL then you tell me what it is for? With 12.5:1 compression it is safer to run on race gas rather than pump gas. No one is hiding that. But I can tell you a point in compression isn't the reason that car runs as fast as it does. We could take the same heads we are sending to him setup for 11.5:1 on that motor and still run within a tenth or two, no problem.

What do you want for a build thread? It's a stock bottom end using parts we picked up off the floor, flycut pistons, PRC 227 CNC'd heads, TSP Custom 24x/24x cam, FAST 102. That's the same info. that we have put in every thread about the car. There's no tricks or anything that you keep reaching for or thinking there is... Like I said, come to the shop and check it out.

Congrats on the dyno numbers. If you have any other questions about our car, start a thread or PM me or even do a search on it. No need to keep posting all this crap in the OP thread.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Is the compression at 12.5:1 or is that a ballpark number caused i asked that along with alot of other people in the drag racing results section for the 9.66 and it never got answered...

What power did it make to the ground? Is there a graph we can look at the curve, engine or chassis?

how much was flycut, milled, what gaskets?

what tire and rear gear?

converter was mentioned as 5900 stall, no brand though?

Did the 102 intake have to be realigned and massaged after the major milling?

What lifters and pushrods are used, standard stuff? is it still hydraulic or solid?
All of this has been covered before.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

op i heard there was a cancel on April 29 of this month through speed inc facebook...not sure if it was filled yet or if you were the next in line...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrs1313
op i heard there was a cancel on April 29 of this month through speed inc facebook...not sure if it was filled yet or if you were the next in line...
I dunno... I sent Larry an email earlier today. He responded this afternoon and didn't say anything about it so I guess I didn't make the cut...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

I dunno... I sent Larry an email earlier today. He responded this afternoon and didn't say anything about it so I guess I didn't make the cut...
damn sorry bud, i am rooting for ya...sorry for the hyjack earlier..

just would love to more about your heads and tsp setup...

let me know if you need a hand with the car...

Chris
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
All of this has been covered before.

Yep, I even wrote an article about the car for my own site, no it does not have details to every last part, but it has some good general info: TSP 1998 Z28 Camaro

It still has a 92mm on it, not the 102mm - maybe I'll change that for next time. Don't remember any alignment issues. I don't think I have the cam card for the last cam tested that actually made it in the car, it was not much larger in duration than the previous years heads/cam setup (215's and MS4) and I don't remember the exact cam specs on the dot, that was several hundred (or more) engine builds ago and 2 complete books... It is hydraulic for sure, and probably in the high 600's for lift.

IIRC this last go around (Sep '09 build) we used Comp low-lash tie-bar lifters and 7.550" pushrods with Comp Alum. Rockers. I hate running non-stock rockers, so the reason for those was for the adjust-ability to get pre-load exact. I even tried to use custom length Manton pushrods to get away from the adjustable rockers, but not each cylinder preload was exactly where I wanted it.

Much of the engines heads/cam setup was engine dyno testing derived and tested before going in the car. The fuel used was Q13 not Q16. The reason it was used is simply because it made the most power with that fuel after testing 4 different fuels.

Tires, I think a 29.5" x 10.5" Hoosier. Gears, I wanna say a 4.10 was put in it last. Converter, Turbo Action same as Trans. Spec'd for 5500 but seems closer to 5900. Madman Travel limiters, Torque Arm and LCA's. BMR Sway bar and complete front suspension.

If I have time I'll answer other questions, but don't hold your breath. I have a million side projects I'm working on. I will work on locating a dyno graph but we never planned on posting it and it may not exist anymore without re-dynoing.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Joseph-

Yep, I even wrote an article about the car for my own site, no it does not have details to every last part, but it has some good general info: TSP 1998 Z28 Camaro

It still has a 92mm on it, not the 102mm - maybe I'll change that for next time. Don't remember any alignment issues. I don't think I have the cam card for the last cam tested that actually made it in the car, it was not much larger in duration than the previous years heads/cam setup (215's and MS4) and I don't remember the exact cam specs on the dot, that was several hundred (or more) engine builds ago and 2 complete books... It is hydraulic for sure, and probably in the high 600's for lift.

IIRC this last go around (Sep '09 build) we used Comp low-lash tie-bar lifters and 7.550" pushrods with Comp Alum. Rockers. I hate running non-stock rockers, so the reason for those was for the adjust-ability to get pre-load exact. I even tried to use custom length Manton pushrods to get away from the adjustable rockers, but not each cylinder preload was exactly where I wanted it.

Much of the engines heads/cam setup was engine dyno testing derived and tested before going in the car. The fuel used was Q13 not Q16. The reason it was used is simply because it made the most power with that fuel after testing 4 different fuels.

Tires, I think a 29.5" x 10.5" Hoosier. Gears, I wanna say a 4.10 was put in it last. Converter, Turbo Action same as Trans. Spec'd for 5500 but seems closer to 5900. Madman Travel limiters, Torque Arm and LCA's. BMR Sway bar and complete front suspension.

If I have time I'll answer other questions, but don't hold your breath. I have a million side projects I'm working on. I will work on locating a dyno graph but we never planned on posting it and it may not exist anymore without re-dynoing.
That's ok, Interesting Information
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

That's ok, Interesting Information

agreed thanks for the info Joseph...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, Finally back on track...

The new Head is supposed to come tomorrow Via... UPS... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't screw up yet another head (if you don't know what I am talking about see this thread).

I have a new dyno day setup at Straightline Performance on Tuesday

Straightline tunes using a mustang dyno whereas most of the numbers posted up on here are a dynojet. My numbers will probably be a little lower than I anticipated for that fact, but I plan on going to a dyno day with MFBA next month so I will have both mustang and dynojet numbers to post for the dyno section.

So if all goes to plan I'll have the car up and running this weekend and then some dyno numbers and a video posted up by mid next week.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IT LIVES!!!

Finally after a lot of headache and various small little problems along the way, my bird is ready to make it to the tuner! Just in time too, my dyno day is tomorrow. Gotta put some miles on her tonight, do an oil change and be at Straightline @ 9am. Kinda sux that I'm working till 11.. Looks like another all nighter

I'll be sure to post up results tomorrow evening

Here is a video of the initial startup, not bad... started on the second crank
Initial Startup

Last edited by ryle; 05-02-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking foward to seeing your results!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with chris. so far,i have not seen the prc heads being nothing more then a budget head. Most of the results have not been anything that you couldn't do with a stock ported. If your tuning at speen inc i know they are a great shop and i my self have spent thousands there but when i dynoed there,then took the same set up to another dyno jet i was 29hp lower on the other jet. I never understood why,there was not a massive difference in weather or anything i could see. I just figured speedinc's dyno was giving out the numbers and when i see results there i wonder if they are still 29hp too high.. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens here and to any tsp head on different combos.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dyno went well today, Ended up with a best pull of 441RWHP and 401RWTQ This run was done with the cutouts closed although on an earlier comparison we showed an impressive 18HP gain with the cutouts open, so I would estimate around 460RWHP and 40?RWTQ if the cutout was open on the best run. I'll be heading to Speed Inc for MFBA's Dyno Day and see how my numbers compare on their Dyno, I know they will be higher on the Speed Inc Dyno for the simple fact it's a DynoJet rather than the Mustang I was tuned on.
Dyno Pull

Last edited by ryle; 05-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That really are some good numbers and open cutout would be 459hp. Not bad at all. I get tuned on a stang dyno as well,it was lower numbers then the jets. But,i'm still a AFR or TRICKFLOW fan after this. Your car is strong,congrats.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike c.
That really are some good numbers and open cutout would be 459hp. Not bad at all. I get tuned on a stang dyno as well,it was lower numbers then the jets. But,i'm still a AFR or TRICKFLOW fan after this. Your car is strong,congrats.
I said Around 460... the run with the open cutout I was referring to wasn't a polished fully tuned run, so who knows, it may be slightly more than 18... Just being optimistic
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Nice Setup I am running the same setup
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wildcobra
Wow Nice Setup I am running the same setup
And I thought it would be unique to the area...

How did ur setup do? Very close I would assume
Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

And I thought it would be unique to the area...

How did ur setup do? Very close I would assume
I will let you know going to Speed Inc Next week I hope it runs like your set up I have to make that throttle body hat like yours that looks good

Quick Reply: **UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346