Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks the extra work you have to do to support your claims, eh Fireball?

I can't discern anything, lol, my ear is not trained as well.

Last edited by Fireball; 04-29-2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
Sucks the extra work you have to do to support your claims, eh Fireball?

I can't discern anything, lol, my ear is not trained as well.
there was definately something wrong with the audio of the first video...it did something during the conversion that made it pulse on the 1-2 shift (sounded like a missed 1-2 shift). It was ONLY AN ARTIFACT of the conversion. The REAL AUDIO is in the original mpg file 2 posts up
Old 04-29-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fireball,

Some people just won't listen. I had a situation where I must have explained at least 50 times I had an aluminum block in my car yet people still insisted on telling me it was steel.

I guess I missed something
Old 04-29-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
there was definately something wrong with the audio of the first video...it did something during the conversion that made it pulse on the 1-2 shift (sounded like a missed 1-2 shift). It was ONLY AN ARTIFACT of the conversion. The REAL AUDIO is in the original mpg file 2 posts up
I believe ya' man, just a shame you have to put forth all this extra effort to support your facts when others just throw out claims with no facts. Keep up the good work
Old 04-29-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry for the off topic

Cannibal,

Are you going to tune Daniels car? If yes, we should talk, send me a PM

We now return you to the regulalry sheduled thread
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Yep, missed shift sound is gone now...no question there!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

DEFINATLY didnt miss a gear.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 770boy
Ive listened to that video several times, the car sounds like its knocking before he launch's. Definatly was something wrong with that motor. My 396 that Alan built got about 10 missed gears thrown at it last sunday, im not pointing any fingers at the driver of my car, but his initials were "CamminBeaSSt" aka Ron Mowen. haha sorry had to ron, but back to the point, even a missed gear or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 for that matter shouldnt pop that motor at only 1500miles.

Ya lil gas station workin bitch Yea, I missed about 6 gears Sunday. Nothing like having a 500rwhp car with a USED Spec III clutch that wont let the car shift!!!!!! Funny thing is when I had your car on the rack and was checking fluids a couple days before the race the clutch master has NO fluid in it, onyl about an 1/8 of TAR. I showed your dad this and then filled/bled the clutch. I think it was too lil too late Way to maintain your new setup BITCH

FWIW, it looks like I wont get to see you row the gears cause you and your OLD MAN are too much of a pair of PUZZIES and installing the TH400

Back to the thread, I dont give a **** if ya missed the gear or not(which ya didnt in the video) that motor should NOT have let go so soon. I have about 30 passes on my FMS 346 with NO ISSUES and of those 30 ten of em are on a 200 shot. I guess its all in who builds it and what kinda attention to detail they have.

Ray, your buddy has been banned for being a racist dick.... theres no need for you to continue to stroke him publicly... PPOOOFFF BE GONE
Old 04-29-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Ya lil gas station workin bitch Yea, I missed about 6 gears Sunday. Nothing like having a 500rwhp car with a USED Spec III clutch that wont let the car shift!!!!!! Funny thing is when I had your car on the rack and was checking fluids a couple days before the race the clutch master has NO fluid in it, onyl about an 1/8 of TAR. I showed your dad this and then filled/bled the clutch. I think it was too lil too late Way to maintain your new setup BITCH

FWIW, it looks like I wont get to see you row the gears cause you and your OLD MAN are too much of a pair of PUZZIES and installing the TH400
Sounds like someone is making a lot of excuses for lack of driving ability

Just fu@king with ya man

Fireball

Now that new vid sounds like the Fireball I used to race against all the time!
Nice shifting ****
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

I gotta use some sort of excuse dont I Chris??
Old 04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Hey.. I resemble that remark!
Old 04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fireball im glad you posted that new video, I knew I heard a clean shift at the track, but man that video was starting to even give me doubts. I started thinking to myself "how could I have missed that, theres no way!"

anyhow again:
http://home.comcast.net/~bkrzewinski/kaboom.mpg

As mentioned before, a missed shift/hitting the limiter should not cause the engine to implode anyhow.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ezss
Fireball im glad you posted that new video, I knew I heard a clean shift at the track, but man that video was starting to even give me doubts. I started thinking to myself "how could I have missed that, theres no way!"
I was thinking the same thing.. How could you have missed that..?
Old 04-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Launching!

EZ, I shut off the Misfire detection as you have a half decent sized cam in that car and it kept tripping. The knock sensors are still enabled and fully functional (I DO NOT DISABLE KNOCK SENSORS, UNLESS CUSTOMER REQUEST) (knew you guys were missing the CAPS ). Feel free to have anyone read the PCM and prove this to you (I'm sure if I post the file eveyone will accuse me of changing it). Also, by request the timing is set at 28 degrees max at WOT on your program and the A/F was set up very safe as well. Other than a few drivability things you wanted me to tweak that tune was conservative, but dead on at WOT. Don't even think about dragging my good name into this. If you have any doubts read the PCM and see for yourself.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 04-29-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
EZ, I shut off the Misfire detection as you have a half decent sized cam in that car and it kept tripping. The knock sensors are still enabled and fully functional (I DO NOT DISABLE KNOCK SENSORS, UNLESS CUSTOMER REQUEST) (knew you guys were missing the CAPS ). Feel free to have anyone read the PCM and prove this to you (I'm sure if I post the file eveyone will accuse me of changing it). Also, by request the timing is set at 28 degrees max at WOT on your program and the A/F was set up very safe as well. Other than a few drivability things you wanted me to tweak that tune was conservative, but dead on at WOT. Don't even think about dragging my good name into this. If you have any doubts read the PCM and see for yourself.
Thanks,
Bryan
Ok thanks for clarifying. As Im sure you are aware, the car was not tuned that conservatively the first time when it came from JP though (also done by you). Rather than start another argument though, ill just leave it at that.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Launching!

No, the first tune was not conservative, but also showed no KR when fully at temp on the dyno. I see a lot of contradiction in the PCM biz, guys want every last drop of HP out of the car, but get nervous when the car is on the edge with the tune to make that HP. Seems like it's tough to satisfy either way. If you are conservative guys don't think you didn't try to make then enough power, and if you push it and go slightly too much then they aren't happy either. It can be a fickle business, but that's just part of it. Sometimes you have to make a decision if it is a street car or an all out race car.
Also, dropping little innuendos like you do is just as bad as making what ever comment you wanted to in the first place. I rather you speak your mind than to play those little games where you take a little jab and then go "ill just leave it at that".
I've got nothing to hide and answer any and all questions anyone ever has on their programming and will even say if I believe I am in error, and then make it right.
It's too easy for anyone to have their PCM read by someone else and see exactly what is in there for me not to be straightforward.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was thinking about it yesterday...if something came thru the side of the block...wouldn't it go thru a water passage too? Only oil came out...no coolant at all
Old 04-30-2004, 05:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ezss

You weren't the only one...I distinctly recalled it being very clean on the 1-2 shift. That really bugged the hell out of me why the audio showed that
Old 04-30-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 7DMACH1
Listen, he misses the gear before the other car even starts doing his burnout!!! http://home.comcast.net/~bkrzewinski/kaboom.avi

upfront I want to say I don't know anyone/have any other motive in this....just reading.....

now:

I have to agree with what he is saying.

A) that really sounds like a rev limiter hit (quick but still a hit on the rev limiter)

B) there is NO way that the car behind him caused that. The car behind clearly starts its burnout when he is around the 1/8th mile mark. That "blap blap blap" rev limiter sound happens when he is just getting away from the tree (about the time you make your 1-2 shift) and no track I have ever been to lets you start your burnouts that close behind someone else (in case something happens to them and you do your burnout into their rearend).

It sounds to me like you hit the rev limiter and killed an already hurt part. It happens A LOT! I also notice that your car in a 00. Well there you go, pre-01 rod bolts suck big ba$$ and unless your replaced them with something better I would be willing to bet you stretched some (my friend pulled this trick in his 99 a while back). I feel for you (having **** brake sucks.....I know..... ) but I think this is one of those learn you lesson and build a better engine next time.

again....not trying to start sh*t....just saying it like I see it.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
upfront I want to say I don't know anyone/have any other motive in this....just reading.....

now:

I have to agree with what he is saying.

A) that really sounds like a rev limiter hit (quick but still a hit on the rev limiter)

B) there is NO way that the car behind him caused that. The car behind clearly starts its burnout when he is around the 1/8th mile mark. That "blap blap blap" rev limiter sound happens when he is just getting away from the tree (about the time you make your 1-2 shift) and no track I have ever been to lets you start your burnouts that close behind someone else (in case something happens to them and you do your burnout into their rearend).

It sounds to me like you hit the rev limiter and killed an already hurt part. It happens A LOT! I also notice that your car in a 00. Well there you go, pre-01 rod bolts suck big ba$$ and unless your replaced them with something better I would be willing to bet you stretched some (my friend pulled this trick in his 99 a while back). I feel for you (having **** brake sucks.....I know..... ) but I think this is one of those learn you lesson and build a better engine next time.

again....not trying to start sh*t....just saying it like I see it.

argh, listen to the full video, its posted a couple of posts above. The sound on the small one is compressed and screwed up. There was no limiter hit, no miss shift (not even once on this motor btw-- I granny shifted it).

I have aftermarket ARP rod bolts, only the rods themselves were stock.

Quick Reply: New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles