Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
upfront I want to say I don't know anyone/have any other motive in this....just reading.....

now:

I have to agree with what he is saying.

A) that really sounds like a rev limiter hit (quick but still a hit on the rev limiter)

B) there is NO way that the car behind him caused that. The car behind clearly starts its burnout when he is around the 1/8th mile mark. That "blap blap blap" rev limiter sound happens when he is just getting away from the tree (about the time you make your 1-2 shift) and no track I have ever been to lets you start your burnouts that close behind someone else (in case something happens to them and you do your burnout into their rearend).

It sounds to me like you hit the rev limiter and killed an already hurt part. It happens A LOT! I also notice that your car in a 00. Well there you go, pre-01 rod bolts suck big ba$$ and unless your replaced them with something better I would be willing to bet you stretched some (my friend pulled this trick in his 99 a while back). I feel for you (having **** brake sucks.....I know..... ) but I think this is one of those learn you lesson and build a better engine next time.

again....not trying to start sh*t....just saying it like I see it.

If you were a little more attentive before opening your mouth you will see there is another video posted in the thread that CLEARLY shows it was a clean 1-2 shift.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Having a built motor let go after 1500 miles is ludicrous, but using pre-01 rods isn't helping the cause either. I managed to fracture 2 of them some time ago.

With all these people having problems with the same guy, why not all file a joint lawsuit against him or have some of your "bigger" friends handle your business w/this guy physically?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99BackNBlackZ28

With all these people having problems with the same guy, why not all file a joint lawsuit against him or have some of your "bigger" friends handle your business w/this guy physically?
No reason to drop it to the level of physical violence. We're not 13 year olds.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
If you were a little more attentive before opening your mouth you will see there is another video posted in the thread that CLEARLY shows it was a clean 1-2 shift.

ok dude.......whatever you say......don't get butthurt just because someone puts in their $0.02
Old 04-30-2004, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

ok dude.......whatever you say......don't get butthurt just because someone puts in their $0.02

Since you are inept at reading, I will provide you the NEW link http://home.comcast.net/~bkrzewinski/kaboom.mpg notice the different extension from the one you viewed
Old 04-30-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
No reason to drop it to the level of physical violence. We're not 13 year olds.

Haha...OK
Old 04-30-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

To avoid confusion...I deleted the original .avi file with the messed up audio

I made this note on the first post in this thread since people don't usually read all the posts
Old 04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fireball
To avoid confusion...I deleted the original .avi file with the messed up audio

I made this note on the first post in this thread since people don't usually read all the posts
I think it would be hard to make it through all this post now, so I dont blame anyone for seeing one of the videos and not the other and basing their conclusion on that (although hitting the limiter once again should not cause engine failure).
Old 04-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Who's liable for my engine, seeing as how it has NEVER had any oil pressure? I do not race and only have I once even taken the car to 6k. EZ it looks like we may want to talk.

I found out today from Brian the reason my car still has no oil pressure. he said it was due to the fact that JD allowed JPR to make decisions regarding the build of my engine (because he had so little money to do it with). Great warranty work, huh? I'd say that about makes JD a little slow. I would never sign my name to something and let someone else tell me what to do. Would you guys?

I got a friend to help me load pics of my freshened up engine that JPR installed in my car. Does this look like it has been freshened after ONLY 5000 easy miles?
Attached Thumbnails New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles-jpr-freshened-engine-1.jpg   New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles-jpr-freshened-engine-2.jpg  
Old 04-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Launching!

George, Please read your PM's. I made some speculations on your car, but that is not something I can say for certain.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ezss
I think it would be hard to make it through all this post now, so I dont blame anyone for seeing one of the videos and not the other and basing their conclusion on that (although hitting the limiter once again should not cause engine failure).

Hitting the rev limiter won’t cause the engine to blow up if it’s in good shape. If the engine is already hurt (which I'm guessing it was), then it is possible to have a failure as a result (1 toothpick won't crush you but 500Billion dumped on you would ).

After hearing the vid that HumpinSS posted (which is MUCH better quality than the other one I listened to), it does not sound like a rev limit hit (I'll admit when I was wrong.... ). But once again HumpinSS needs to not get so butthurt when someone posts an opinion that does not agree with his cause that’s just being a . Not everyone wants to read thought word for word of a 12 page post.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:21 PM
FormerVendor

Hitting the rev limiter won’t cause the engine to blow up if it’s in good shape. If the engine is already hurt (which I'm guessing it was), then it is possible to have a failure as a result (1 toothpick won't crush you but 500Billion dumped on you would ).

After hearing the vid that HumpinSS posted (which is MUCH better quality than the other one I listened to), it does not sound like a rev limit hit (I'll admit when I was wrong.... ). But once again HumpinSS needs to not get so butthurt when someone posts an opinion that does not agree with his cause that’s just being a . Not everyone wants to read thought word for word of a 12 page post.

When you want to sound intelligent in your posts a few more minutes to get all the facts wont hurt
Old 04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
When you want to sound intelligent in your posts a few more minutes to get all the facts wont hurt
not trying to sound "intelligent".....just posting what I heard in the video I watched.......
Old 05-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

JPR shut down the thread he started. I guess it back fired. In it JPR listed about 20 people that ALL had trouble with him and he was trying to give excuses for each of them.
Originally Posted by JPR
The rumors and gossip must stop.

I am showing my side of the facts from the last 6-7 months about recent gossip rumors and half trues ...

...When I freshened my Camaro motor before the install into his (Cully) Vette, I used the Fel Pro engine kit with the now known to be bad undersized –o- ring for the oil pump and the pressure really wasn’t right especially after the dyno tune session and took out the crank, we found out later that the Fel Pro –o- rings are not to be used. Duh, The job was turned over to JD's and I paid 4,000.00 to fix that motor. Hindsight being 20/20 I shouldn’t even accepted the car off the carrier, but I didn’t what I was getting myself into and I will leave it at that. now has oil pressure issues again
First Joe, you would not know the truth if it hit you squarely in the head. Anyone that believes you either (1) is scared because YOU have their car, money, or something that YOU OWE them (and so they are nice to you) -OR- (2) They are crazy. All a prudent man has to do is ask himself, “Either ALL of these guys are liars OR JPR is NOT the man he wants us to believe he is.” What do you guys think? Are we ALL crazy? Are we all spending our valuable time trying to hurt JPR just because we are a bunch of mean SOB’s?

Secondly Joe, I did not have to twist your arm to take my 50% deposit in Aug 03. However, after you got my money I had to twist YOUR arm before YOU would take shipment of my car (in Sept). Then I had to twist YOUR arm to put your “FRESHENED” engine in my car (which was already on the ground--literally, right Joe? Want to tell us about this Joe?). This ONLY took you until the end of Dec. Not bad considering it only takes most shops <7hrs. UNFORTUNATELY, I still do NOT have an engine that will hold oil pressure. I guess it could have been worse… I did get my car back.

Yesterday I discovered why I still have NO oil pressure even though you supposedly paid JD $4000 to do it. (Let’s get real JPR. All of our vendor’s sell REAL GOOD FORGED short blocks for less that $3000)...

I was told that you had a hand in helping make decisions on my motor. I was told that you were trying to save a dime and thus I still have the same bag of sh*t. I can't believe that JD allowed you to make a decision that he signed his name to. None-the-less, between the 2 of you (JPR & JD Performance) I still do NOT have an engine and your 12 month/24,000 mile warranty is joke. Unfortunately, the joke is on me.

This same guy also told me that YOU often times needed to make more power on your cars and that you would do it through aggressive tunes. This doens't sound like something that’s safe Joe. Not to mention... smart. Oh well, they aren’t your cars are they Joe?

Instead of me making claims let me just post a picture (courtesy of JD) of your “Freshened” engine that you installed in my car.
Attached Thumbnails New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles-jpr-freshened-engine-1.jpg   New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles-jpr-freshened-engine-2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain George.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyone want to start a fund for those with damage accrued via JPR/JD to help them out a bit?
I'd donate $5 to start it off If 100 members donated $5 that'd be $500 for them, this is a large community that could help

Last edited by CANNIBAL; 05-01-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by George C.
Are we ALL crazy? Are we all spending our valuable time trying to hurt JPR just because we are a bunch of mean SOB’s?
yep.....your all A-Holes.....

Sounds to me like this is another shop that needs to close down for a long while.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
Anyone want to start a fund for those with damage accrued via JPR/JD to help them out a bit?
I'd donate $5 to start it off If 100 members donated $5 that'd be $500 for them, this is a large community that could help
Well, I broke down and bought a cam and LS6 intake thursday Gotta get something going. Someone want to donate some stage 2 heads? Just joking of course
Old 05-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike K. has a set of JPR HVLD's collecting dust in his garage..
Old 05-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Well, I broke down and bought a cam and LS6 intake thursday Gotta get something going. Someone want to donate some stage 2 heads? Just joking of course
Yeh, Mike K. has a set. They have been flowed by 2 shops and flow an amazing 260 cfm at.600. (sounds like a stock Z06 head) but it is JPR's HVLD design.

Quick Reply: New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles