Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results with ETP heads.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:52 PM
The know it all's know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results with ETP heads.

Don't ask about the cam specs can't give them out. This is a ETP215 head with an LS6 intake. Hats off to ETP for such a good cylinder head. Yes the fast was tried with lack luster results lost 20lb of TQ and 28hp.Gonna try an LS2 intake manifold later on cursius to see how well it behaves.

Vehicle
98 corvette
347 stock bore and stroke
ETP cylinder heads 215 11*
Decent headers
Stock engine except for the heads and cam
LS6 intake 70mm TB
6spd M6 manual trans ls7 clutch
3.73 rear gear 27 inch tall tire

Here are the results
All the guys at ET that helped work through this process to get it all just right A Big thank you. don't mock the numbers this dyno read about 15-18% lower then every dynojet on the planet.

Gross HP at the flywheel would be around 550ish (no accesorys)hard to say becuase the accesory and drivetrian loss varys a bit with each car.
Attached Thumbnails Results with ETP heads.-dyno1.jpg   Results with ETP heads.-dyno2.jpg  
Old 11-10-2006, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VERY nice results! With a mustang dyno to boot.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Losing power with the Fast is probably due to the cam. I remember when Patrick G was helping me out he was pretty adimant (sp?) about selecting the right cam to wrok with the Fast 90.
Nice numbers BTW!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
Losing power with the Fast is probably due to the cam. I remember when Patrick G was helping me out he was pretty adimant (sp?) about selecting the right cam to wrok with the Fast 90.
Nice numbers BTW!
Actually i think the fast has some serious design issues. Yes the camshaft isn't fast friendly but we have been seeing a trend with the FAST that indicates there are other problems affoot with that intake manifold. the Ls2 should hopefully perform very well but testing will tell the tale.Yes i am very happy with the results.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CollinsAutomotive
Actually i think the fast has some serious design issues. Yes the camshaft isn't fast friendly but we have been seeing a trend with the FAST that indicates there are other problems affoot with that intake manifold. the Ls2 should hopefully perform very well but testing will tell the tale.Yes i am very happy with the results.
Well post up your results with the LS2 anyway, it would be nice to see the difference. ETP is supposed to be releasing their intake sometime in the near future. Not sure exactly when though.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:32 PM

Well post up your results with the LS2 anyway, it would be nice to see the difference. ETP is supposed to be releasing their intake sometime in the near future. Not sure exactly when though.
I think it will be a good while before we see that thing. I am down there fequently since they are only 15 minutes away.I think those guys are going to get sick of me sooner or later LOL.I know that this car almost drove Craig to drinking but he was their everystep of the way.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Everything I have read has said the FAST intake will outperform the LS2 every time.

And what's with not giving camshaft specs? This is LS1TECH, we live and breathe for that kind of info here. Posting up dyno numbers with some top notch products means nothing if you can't give all the info.

My .02
Old 11-11-2006, 01:08 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A

And what's with not giving camshaft specs? This is LS1TECH, we live and breathe for that kind of info here.
hell ya
Old 11-11-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
Everything I have read has said the FAST intake will outperform the LS2 every time.

And what's with not giving camshaft specs? This is LS1TECH, we live and breathe for that kind of info here. Posting up dyno numbers with some top notch products means nothing if you can't give all the info.

My .02
Not gonna happen. I can tell you where you can get this camshaft but I am not going to doll out the specs. To put it mildly its healthy. Secondly that is just mythology there is a head/cam C6 LS2 car running around with 225 ETP heads just recently that made well over 460hp on this dyno.LOST 20hp with the FAST intake.Seems to be trend with all sort of combos My accoutnatn lost 20hp on his car when he switched to a FAST and he had Patriot heads and a TSP camshaft.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

something seems wrong with you guys losing power with the fast 90/90.i know it definitely can be improved upon in stock trim but most h/c cars pick up power with it.sometimes there is vacuum leaks but with multiple cars doing the same thing that rules that out.on a side noth there is another thread started recently with a guy that tested a ported fast v/s a ported ls2 and he said the stock ls2 failed miserably compared to a stock fast.but different setups can and do react different so i believe you.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by slow trap
something seems wrong with you guys losing power with the fast 90/90.i know it definitely can be improved upon in stock trim but most h/c cars pick up power with it.sometimes there is vacuum leaks but with multiple cars doing the same thing that rules that out.on a side noth there is another thread started recently with a guy that tested a ported fast v/s a ported ls2 and he said the stock ls2 failed miserably compared to a stock fast.but different setups can and do react different so i believe you.
Its a complex subject which why i have not been ripping on the fast intake. I think there is a wave action issue with runner tapper. It does seem to repond well to larger engine but we have seen sevral 427c5r block ls6 ET Ported engine throw down 500rwhp and 450lb ft and again lost pwoer with the FAST. I think the issue has to do with airquality in the runner to head entrance (hint hint) might wanna check the port fit.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CollinsAutomotive
Its a complex subject which why i have not been ripping on the fast intake. I think there is a wave action issue with runner tapper. It does seem to repond well to larger engine but we have seen sevral 427c5r block ls6 ET Ported engine throw down 500rwhp and 450lb ft and again lost pwoer with the FAST. I think the issue has to do with airquality in the runner to head entrance (hint hint) might wanna check the port fit.
So is this is a problem with the etp's & Fast set-up only?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:00 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I port matched the Fast to the ET heads and have had GREAT success. We have not made any passes since the cold air has arrived but its gone 10.4s in 8xx' air. Let the track tell you if your car is fast not dynos.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you guys really want to know the specs, buy the cam and get it doctored. 25$ and no one can keep a secret.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 AM

So is this is a problem with the etp's & Fast set-up only?
You could be onto something with port matching Fast Intakes.I would say its not an ETP specific issue however.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
If you guys really want to know the specs, buy the cam and get it doctored. 25$ and no one can keep a secret.
That would be a theft of intelectual property. The cam is not mine hence why i can't post the specs.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
I port matched the Fast to the ET heads and have had GREAT success. We have not made any passes since the cold air has arrived but its gone 10.4s in 8xx' air. Let the track tell you if your car is fast not dynos.
I am not even going to get into this argument here. ET will go down as Dyno indicated power goes up. For the record this car hasn't been to the track yet all the bugs were just knocked out of it and the fast tracks here in michigan are to slippery for a good luanch this time of year. I would expect easily high 10's though out of this combo on motor.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have helped dozens of people with ported FAST set-up's....every one of them was thrilled with the results (20-25 RWHP gains are the norm). In the last three years Ive dyno tested over a half dozen stockers with positive results (not as much as a ported unit but solid gains none the less).

Seems to me there must have been a problem with the set-up....serious port mis-match, airleak, something that would cause the results you described.

Six months ago we tested a stock 6.0 litre with AFR 205 heads (364 CID) with one of my ported intakes and it was worth 32 HP and 20+ ft/lbs over a stock LS2 intake (a ridiculous gain for a manifold swap)....back to back on a deadly repeatable SF902 engine dyno. The pulls were literally 30 minutes apart (the time it took us to swap the intake).

My experience shows the LS2 to be the weakest intake (similiar to an LS1 intake) and that mimics other independent testing as well....dont have time now but the data is available if someone wants to do a search. For me, the FAST has worked EVERY time, either ported or unported, stock or modified heads no matter who's logo is on the end.

I would try to look into what may be wrong with your set-up when a FAST is bolted in front of it....port locations would be my guess but I dont understand why your having issues others havent had. I would also like to see those low results duplicated again assuming the port alignment wasnt far off....backing the original data would be another interesting test IMO.

Tony M.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

solid #s with fast here!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Banned - Ed Curtis aka EDC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any issues with the FAST 90 intake making more power over the LS6/LS2 intakes. Something else must have been missed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Results with ETP heads.