Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single Springs (greatest lift)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Springs (greatest lift)

What is the highest/greatest amount of lift I can run on a single spring? Which spring allows the most? I thought .560 was the greatest, but i've been seeing alot of cams that I want that have like .570 or even .590 (G5 and F1).
Old 08-06-2002, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Single Springs (greatest lift)

Comp 918's can handle .600 lift.I am going with a dual spring setup that doesnt require machining of the heads.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Actually, the 918's are good to .625 according to CompCams. You'd better make damn sure you have them setup correctly if you're going to go that high, though.

Even if the spring would handle that much lift, I wonder what the clearance from the retainer to the valve seal is? Would that become an issue with a stock length valve and a lot of lift?
Old 08-07-2002, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GeorgeC:
<strong>Actually, the 918's are good to .625 according to CompCams. You'd better make damn sure you have them setup correctly if you're going to go that high, though.

Even if the spring would handle that much lift, I wonder what the clearance from the retainer to the valve seal is? Would that become an issue with a stock length valve and a lot of lift?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running the Comp 918's with .581" lift w/ no problems so far; I've put ~1,250 miles on them since installation. We also carry the new Manley valve springs; they're a single spring like the 918's that are good for .600" lift. We've just started using them, so the verdict is out. We're getting ready to get a set of dual valve springs from REV that doesn't require any machining on the heads. They're supposed to be good for .600" lift as well. I may have to try a set when I replace my 918's.

Trevor - LGM
Old 08-08-2002, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alonzo:
<strong>I am going with a dual spring setup that doesnt require machining of the heads.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which dual springs don't require machining of the heads?
Old 08-08-2002, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Y2K Camaro SS:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alonzo:
<strong>I am going with a dual spring setup that doesnt require machining of the heads.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which dual springs don't require machining of the heads?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am shooting you an email right now.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:31 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Alonzo, I am curious to know also. I sent you some mail...

Josh
Old 08-08-2002, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Damian:
<strong>Alonzo, I am curious to know also. I sent you some mail...

Josh</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sent you mail bro.