Sponsored by:

What are the BEST HEADS for a N/A 346?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
Thanks i appreciate it...i got a feeling that my car will end up being a money
pit..lol. Between beefing up the tranny, a strong stall, 12 bolt rear and so on..lol.
And you know its a matter of time that i'll need a forged bottom end. Very expensive hobby
stop being a fool you own a stock ss. damn! stop talking

keep thinking of your modded dream car that cost you so much. you will never do it.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

The car isn't claimed to be stock weight right? He's got it posted that it's
3,300 lbs race weight. Thats closer to stock weight than not. Where do you buy your crack dude?? :
3300lb race weight is with him in the car that is a near 3100 lb car 3150 or so. Thats light.. stock cars dont weight that much especially a ws6. now stop being a dumbass

obviously your buying the crack.
I just smoke bud.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

Trans Am's weight 3500+/- - so yea, it's only about 400 pounds light.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

pissing contest...brings back memories

fastest stock bottom end 5.0
fastest stock rear end 5.0
fastest stock intake 5.0
fastest stock suspension 5.0
fastest stock t-5 5.0
fastest stock interior 5.0
fastest stock radio 5.0 (lol)

who gives a rats ***....if you think your really something, head to bonneville or maxton.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
CARTEK Racing

But all things said and done i did start out telling Alex how nice his car is and i fell
into the trap that the times aren't correct. Well Alex you should be proud of your car i know i would be. Sorry if it got out of hand but u are a young guy and when people question things about your car you cant lash out eveytime someone doesn't look at things like you do. Doesn;t mean your right or wrong its just your opinion and thats great. But give up the whole" i'll tear down my car and prove it to you if you pay" blah blah, thats like its 1999 all over again.
No one questioned my claims except you! And for what reason? Did I beat your times? No you have a stock car and you're calling BS on me? That would be like me calling BS on Paul Major... stupid.

Yes Im young... is 26 in 5 days young? LOL What does that have to do with anything?

I did not have an LS1 in 99 so I would not know how it used to be, but if you are calling BS on my claims you better be able to back it up with proff. I gave you the oppertunity to try and prove your claim, I know you can't so I have nothing to loose.

I still donn't know what you are talking about witht he stroker and blower guys... the storker guys I know are all faster then me, and so are the supercharged guys. The ones that aren't are known to be less then stellar drivers. But all the Auto's with big cubes or boost are all faster then me. If you know someone with a big cube motor that is slower then my car, that is their problem not mine.

In my experience, with a right heads/cam, boltons, tuning, suspention, gearing, and driving, 10.3 is posible with a H/C setup in a 3300lbs street car.

The OP asked for advice on H/C and I believe that a CARTEK 4X setup is the best for a NA 346, Trick flow makes awesome stuff as well.
So drop your hatin' Im not the only one who sees your cheep shots as silly
Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
3300lb race weight is with him in the car that is a near 3100 lb car 3150 or so. Thats light.. stock cars dont weight that much especially a ws6. now stop being a dumbass

obviously your buying the crack.
I just smoke bud.
Damn! How much do you think I weigh? I'm only 130 lbs lol...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Not to take away from the original post, but I just went onto Cartek's website and their SPORTSMAN LS2 427 cubic engine sounds AWFUL tempting!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure if we are on the original question any more.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
stop being a fool you own a stock ss. damn! stop talking

keep thinking of your modded dream car that cost you so much. you will never do it.
Blow me ******** you dont know what parts i already have, maybe i'll run across
your turd someday...I've been in the 10's already doing the work myself dont need to pay someone to do my work

OWNED..your a joke, the only thing you owned is the right to stick up for your
little boyfrirend Alex.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
No one questioned my claims except you! And for what reason? Did I beat your times? No you have a stock car and you're calling BS on me? That would be like me calling BS on Paul Major... stupid.

Yes Im young... is 26 in 5 days young? LOL What does that have to do with anything?

I did not have an LS1 in 99 so I would not know how it used to be, but if you are calling BS on my claims you better be able to back it up with proff. I gave you the oppertunity to try and prove your claim, I know you can't so I have nothing to loose.

I still donn't know what you are talking about witht he stroker and blower guys... the storker guys I know are all faster then me, and so are the supercharged guys. The ones that aren't are known to be less then stellar drivers. But all the Auto's with big cubes or boost are all faster then me. If you know someone with a big cube motor that is slower then my car, that is their problem not mine.

In my experience, with a right heads/cam, boltons, tuning, suspention, gearing, and driving, 10.3 is posible with a H/C setup in a 3300lbs street car.

The OP asked for advice on H/C and I believe that a CARTEK 4X setup is the best for a NA 346, Trick flow makes awesome stuff as well.
So drop your hatin' Im not the only one who sees your cheep shots as silly

Oh dry your eyes already..thats what i mean, you need to grow up
Stop crying when anyone asked you questions about your setup.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

AT the end of page 5 i admitted to being alittle harsh, but here on page 6
you 2 still want to keep going i'm game...Ao Alex answer my qyestion what does it cost
to get the setup you have? You're great at writing a book when you are questioned so answer the question already. CraZee ZO6....whats your car run? I see you opening your
big mouth but whats done to your car? And yes so far my SS is stock cause i got
it with 2000 original miles, i want to drive it awhile before i start diving into it.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Just curious...what the cost for this whole setup that gets a 346 stock bottom end to run 10.3's @ over 130+ mph? I want to know the whole setup.
490rwhp with about 450rwtq isn't beating any well tuned D1SC with good heads/cam and suspension. Especially on the street from a punch or from a launch.
I bought a 3x motor for $3500 off of corvette forums 3 years ago and upgraded the cam and heads to a 4x for under $1500 (did some damage to the heads and wiped the cam out with nitrous)and then got a ported fast 90 and NW TB for about $1200. Of course there are suspension mods that make the car run the number but thats with any setup. Who said I have 490rwhp? Maybe the car I raced didnt have a great heads and cam or a great tune or the guy couldnt drive who knows. My stock bottom ended heads and cam car holds its own on the street and track thats all I have to say. You know you have a bad *** setup when people are calling you a liar and say your car cant go that fast with what you have done. I know for sure it puts a smile on everyones face at Cartek
Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
CARTEK Racing

AT the end of page 5 i admitted to being alittle harsh, but here on page 6
you 2 still want to keep going i'm game...Ao Alex answer my qyestion what does it cost
to get the setup you have? You're great at writing a book when you are questioned so answer the question already. CraZee ZO6....whats your car run? I see you opening your
big mouth but whats done to your car? And yes so far my SS is stock cause i got
it with 2000 original miles, i want to drive it awhile before i start diving into it.
Price? Im not CARTEK, I don't sell the stuff, I don't discuss prices. What I payed is between Julio and myself. Not you

Prices for CARTEK 4X heads/Cam setups have been previosly posted on this forum, can you use the surch function? You know how much a 12-bolt costs, how much suspention components from BMR/Spohn/Stealth cost, how much tires, wheel, intakes, throttle bodies, Electric Water pump, injectors, lids & filter, MAF, headers, exhausts and shifters cost. The price of the CARTEK clutch and tuning are also listed online. The only thing not listed online was the roll bar, and that was $1800 for the custom chromoly 6point w/ swingouts that I have. You can also check out how much my G-Force Size-M 2-layer fire jacket and my cam lock 5 point harnesses cost online as well.

If you are that interested I an provide you with a full list of items installed in my car...

You an also check out GM High Tech from August 2007 which has a full list of the mods done to the car... It has not changed since then.

As far as adding all this **** up, Im not interested it doing that and I dont have the time. Since you are so hard up for it, you can go the leg work and report back to me.

No one ever said, all I have is ported heads and a cam and I run 10.3 Obviosly I have the appropriate suspention, chassis, and external engine mods as well.

BTW, as mentioned before, the car made 507.9RWHP and 433 Torque
Old 09-23-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

I have the Trickflow Heads on my car and I love them!! Makes Great power. My car made 447rwhp and 403rwtrq through a stall auto and a Strange engineering 12 bolt with 4.11 gear..

Last edited by odarabla; 09-24-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Price? Im not CARTEK, I don't sell the stuff, I don't discuss prices. What I payed is between Julio and myself. Not you

Prices for CARTEK 4X heads/Cam setups have been previosly posted on this forum, can you use the surch function? You know how much a 12-bolt costs, how much suspention components from BMR/Spohn/Stealth cost, how much tires, wheel, intakes, throttle bodies, Electric Water pump, injectors, lids & filter, MAF, headers, exhausts and shifters cost. The price of the CARTEK clutch and tuning are also listed online. The only thing not listed online was the roll bar, and that was $1800 for the custom chromoly 6point w/ swingouts that I have. You can also check out how much my G-Force Size-M 2-layer fire jacket and my cam lock 5 point harnesses cost online as well.

If you are that interested I an provide you with a full list of items installed in my car...

You an also check out GM High Tech from August 2007 which has a full list of the mods done to the car... It has not changed since then.

As far as adding all this **** up, Im not interested it doing that and I dont have the time. Since you are so hard up for it, you can go the leg work and report back to me.

No one ever said, all I have is ported heads and a cam and I run 10.3 Obviosly I have the appropriate suspention, chassis, and external engine mods as well.

BTW, as mentioned before, the car made 507.9RWHP and 433 Torque

So in other words you got the " dont tell anyone what you paided cause we're
using your car as a test mule" discount I actually dont sit up all night
wishing i had someones setup. Your setup in my car wouldn't run any better than 10.9's if that cause i wont hog-out the car or over gear it to death. The only thing i wish my car did have were those special strong stock rods bolts that can handle 7k or more that only your car seem to get I'm only just getting a rise out of ya.lol. And i think that was cool of you for offering to provide me with a list of the items you have in your car Thank you for that...but if i was gonna do an n/a setup i would look for the highest flowing heads with the smallest runner size.
This way i get the potential to make big gains from low to top end. But i would be tempted to make Tony do a set of custom 205's or even 225's that will work with a Comp. 236/242 .601/.608 114lsa+2 cam with AR headers and hi-flow catback with a Strange 12 w/3.73's and a Vig.4000 stall. That setup would be hella fast but still streetable. But my buddy Tommy talked some sense into me and convinced me to keep my D1SC tuner kit. I'm not too confident in the GTP S2 LQ9 heads i own, but i can try them out and see. Plus i came up with a custom Comp. 216/224 with either LSK or XFI lobes, something around .580 or .590 + lift on a 117lsa+2 or just go with the trusty GT2-3 cam that makes killer cylinder pressures. Also a Vig.3200 3 disk stall on my stock 10 bolt.
All the shops i've been intouch with say even in a A4 530-550rwhp w/490-500+ rwtq on 10lbs is very achievable Sounds good to me, but my 4L60E isn't gonna like it. Again sorry for being too harse...i just went about it all wrong.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Blow me ******** you dont know what parts i already have, maybe i'll run across
your turd someday...I've been in the 10's already doing the work myself dont need to pay someone to do my work

OWNED..your a joke, the only thing you owned is the right to stick up for your
little boyfrirend Alex.
I dont even know the guy... or deal with cartek..

I can just spot you the hater.

post up a 10 sec timeslip? ill give you some credit but I doubt you will be able to post up a legit slip anyway.

you's just a wannabe man

Im done wasting my time on you.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trickflow's!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

^^ I got the time slip thats for sure..and another showing i ran a 11.001 @ 127.71.
But i asked you first for some times that you ran....apparently u dont have um idiot. I also got witnesses that were there as well. I'll see if i can dig them
up....so now u can go pat yourself on your own back thinking you got me or something stupid that idiots usually think. SO u can believe what u
want, but i hope i can dig um up to hopefully shut u up already
Well so what times have you ran? Dont worry about the slips i'll believe ya
Do a search under my screen name and search when i posted my times back in the day. But since you called me a wanna be i'll give ya a list of the mods my WS6 had on it and maybe you'll also be able to see that hitting 10's wasn't too
difficult, oh better yet, whats your idea of a wanna be? Is it a guy that
thinks just cause he owns a ZO6 that me owns the road? I street raced a few c5 ZO6's with my WS6 even before i had nitrous and beat everyone of them...is that wanna be good enough for ya???
Anyway until i can post my slips heres the mods i had:

Stock ported 241 castings with 918 springs.
Comp 216/220 .525/.532 114lsa+2 installed striaght up.
FLP headers w/ cats delete pipes.
Stock mild ported TB
Stock MAF w/o screen
SLP lid w/Holley green filter
Vig.3600 2.5 str stall
B&M shift kit and 19,000GVW cooler
Borla exhaust
TNT 125hp wet shot
TR6 plugs
Stock 10 w/3.23 gears
Stock front suspension
BMR panhard rod
BMR adjustable torque arm
BMR lower control arms
Very heavy SLP double diamond subframes
Weld rear Prostar's with Hoosier QTP's 26x11.5x15
And self tuned with LS1-Edit.
Pulled 408rwhp & 396rwtq
Best time 10.93@ 127.7 a crappy 1.68 60' time
All parts were self installed except Vig3600 since a lift was used.
Anyone with the know how can see @ 127 with a 3,550 raceweight and a better 60' the car had 10'6 or definately 10.7's maybe faster.
So there CraZeeZO6 lets here your parts list and lets hear some
times you ran. With the parts i listed and installed on my own its a bet that
i'm not a "WANNA BE" i'm more of a "BEEN THERE DONE THAT" and to quote you too..LOL. You up!!
P.S. I have "10 second club" inder my screen name...so Ls1tech moderators are lying for me too?

Last edited by BlackNiteWS6; 09-23-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

wow this thread definately went downhill..any to the OP look at the list of the fastest h/c cars listed here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/818893-all-time-fastest-n-stock-ci-h-c.html
as you can see there is a wide variety of heads being used but you will see cartek and tfs listed up there pretty often. The fastest cars are typically running heavily ported ls6 heads that have been worked over by someone like larry meaux or some other well known ls head porter and also are usually very light weight
Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
wow this thread definately went downhill..any to the OP look at the list of the fastest h/c cars listed here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818893
as you can see there is a wide variety of heads being used but you will see cartek and tfs listed up there pretty often. The fastest cars are typically running heavily ported ls6 heads that have been worked over by someone like larry meaux or some other well known ls head porter and also are usually very light weight
You're right...i apologize to the OP for my part in derailing this thread.
I'm done posting anything thats off topic.

Quick Reply: What are the BEST HEADS for a N/A 346?