Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

EMC similar format with *New info & products*

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019 | 03:21 AM
Banned

The Young man being Steve@ RED....has taught me a Harvard graduates student in engines and heads. Did u know or ask can a Gen V head fit a gen iv block .060 dependant ...... little work and there you'd have it. But bad idea from Darin. Higher runner but DI isn't the best for rpm and hp. Great compression heads. Asked Steve about Ford's little trickery with Plasma Transferred Wire Arc (PTWA) liner coating for a max bore aluminum block. If you guys only knew how many PM,,'s and phone calls that have been made. And never meet face to face.... college education on the inter web and talking. But the premess it to check cylinder wall thickness and we can work from there max id go is .225 over with a custom 200 dollar head gasket for the bore size. Rowdy flowed 378 cfm with a .060 bore tested, idea is to use it on a .200 min bore. Know it needs more CSA but no added work will be done. Swap out. I think 378 cfm on a bore this size can do a few tricks with compression and that CFM and nonrestrictive CID. Seen a SCM intake ( Ford intake ) very similar to the CID intake match a canted head cfm with over 438 seen intake attached. I need 2 have Zach test cylinder wall thickness before we do anything and $ handed over so we can push the boundaries. I have read alot and asked alot. No more ?'s let's use this free education u got. Test Zach.....we have all the technology at your hands Your shop and Sam and, I've asked alot.... Shocking a guy had a pro comp ls7 head made for a small bore. They're just 300 each ....what else you think I'm gonna do and get to deal with one of the best. Education.

Finish the MJ killer 1st. Owe Zach for the top end ......Covered!!!! Ls3 and SV 4500 (has to be flowed, intake with heads attached, intake is still at home with valve covers) Told Zach to set it up for max compression (13 + at 62cc) with P to V clearance, fly cut it if need be Rowdy ls7 heads damn show gonna need it with .800 + lift @ 62cc. Ls3 Copy cat rocker arm setup. Gotta do a modd stud girdle. ER said it's basic for the larger stud & Mill heads to match Rowdy @ 62 cc. Small stuff in coils and water pump. Injectors also. Then springs/cam > Joe Hornick custom psi / Cam Motion and rockers for Rowdy and his CID intake... Then we can talk this bore size out. But will pay to test the thickness done when I get home...I'm good with Iay a way and still do what I'm doing and not lose focus. Drop 500 with 100 here and there & it adds up. Once finished with MJ killer I can give This ........all my attention. Dyno is 500.

Last edited by Smokey B; 08-24-2019 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2019 | 03:57 AM
Banned

CID intake and ICE are family if you didn't know ...real life brothers. Added if you think of how coils work ....I see Y, ICE ignitions and coils systems are highly regarded..... a little To much for me $. Zach recommendation from testing. Also wanna see what's going on with a few builds i last seen. A Hemi and he loves a FI 5.0 so I know ones being done. 5wks I've been gone, gotta go hm next week ...1 wk off then NY for 2wks.
Old 08-24-2019 | 12:17 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Smoke, do you know the main bolt spacing dimensions for the LSx block? Reason I ask is I’ve got a set of steel caps from an LS9 Daytona Prototype build. The bolt spacing for these steel caps is different from an ordinary LS engine. Ask Zack if he can get you the numbers. $100 and their yours if they work. Save you $$$$
Old 08-24-2019 | 01:29 PM
Banned

Much luv. Think ls7 and the lsx block share the same bolt spacing. Looked up mains and Lsx and Ls7 seem to have the same DNA. All others being ls1 2,3, lq4 share the same mains. Zack said there specific. Also we can pm or call my Professor Steve at RED. Zach's on point. But Steve is here 4 us also. Tell Zach at the end of any call or conversation. Luv u brother and be safe. Real has met real. Luv'ing it. Sam tech knowledge is 5 min away from home. Gotta pay for work but knowledge is FREE. Luv'ing it.lets see if we can get Steve over here or send him a PM.
And we've got our answer.
Old 08-24-2019 | 02:34 PM
Banned

Post #9 don't know how true but.....sounds simple enough. Chevelle...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-question.html

KCS where's your smart as @... Lol.
Send a PM to Steve later would call but wkend. Main thing is how much meat the bores have. 4.20 is the minimum, would like 4.220 if possible. Didn't no one see Chevelle's last post. I just men in blacked you with the pen. So no one's to be asking Chevelle about what he said and has. If we can do it Zach will get u the $. I deal in cash only, same with Uncle Jim and the shops credit. No one knows what I've got not even the government. I'm just here. I pay taxes but my name's on nothing for reasons..... use 2 b in trouble? Can't get something I don't have or own, so it seems.

PM sent to Steve with the edited post ..

Last edited by Smokey B; 08-24-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2019 | 02:51 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Lol. Your good. I have several blocks and several sets of caps and I know for sure these LS9 caps are different in the bolt spacing. I would have used them on my 434 build, but the spacing is totally different. I went with Katech caps for the 434.
Old 08-24-2019 | 03:02 PM
Banned

Just called Zach with what u said Chevelle.. gonna see once he gets back to the shop.... Also sent him that thread ... U know how the phone call ended...Luv!

Last edited by Smokey B; 08-24-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2019 | 04:49 PM
KCS
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Smokey B
Post #9 don't know how true but.....sounds simple enough. Chevelle...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-question.html

KCS where's your smart as @... Lol.
Send a PM to Steve later would call but wkend. Main thing is how much meat the bores have. 4.20 is the minimum, would like 4.220 if possible. Didn't no one see Chevelle's last post. I just men in blacked you with the pen. So no one's to be asking Chevelle about what he said and has. If we can do it Zach will get u the $. I deal in cash only, same with Uncle Jim and the shops credit. No one knows what I've got not even the government. I'm just here. I pay taxes but my name's on nothing for reasons..... use 2 b in trouble? Can't get something I don't have or own, so it seems.

PM sent to Steve with the edited post ..
LSX caps are doweled. Gonna be a bit of a PITA
Old 08-24-2019 | 06:12 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

I think they will work. I’ve found some aftermarket caps for the LS7/LS9 and in the description it says they will fit LSx also.
They are doweled caps KCS. Part number is 12575740.
Old 08-24-2019 | 07:32 PM
Banned

Professor said:

I'm pretty sure the LSx uses LS7 main caps which are the same as the LS9. However it's been a couple of years since I have had an LSx block here. Send a message to Erik Koenig "racer 8088" he would know for sure.
Even if the caps are the same, they have to match up side for side with the main bearing bore in your block otherwise they won't work. The block will need to be align bored in any case. Maybe best to get a set of semi finished after market caps from Pro Gram so they can be fitted to your block
Old 08-24-2019 | 08:33 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Yes, they will work. The ProGram caps are big bucks. Totally your call. If you want these, PM me your address and I’ll get them coming your way.
Old 08-24-2019 | 08:50 PM
Banned

As soon as I get home and Zach and I talk we can get it done. You'll be sending them straight to the shop. Need to get the bill for top end assembly (figure around 1500 or so) and other small stuff. Caps and cylinder wall thickness test is a bill by itself. Thank u Chevelle. Luv and be safe...

Gotta stay calm...knowing my crazy as ...the hell with this 408 crap we got 440 + looking @ us. Plan is to only buy what's needed. Use the same crank/rods, heads, intakes, etc.....

Last edited by Smokey B; 08-25-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2019 | 03:24 AM
Banned

Hmmmmm..asking? Business is Ah Booming!

Damn reSleeve Kings.....of Houston with .......figure Hennesy & a 20 gt with Business & block work for.....damn you do work 4 them 2.
On point we need My Specs we out the hole & fly cut My throat.

Student asks how can i help u? u can't. Can WE Move it along....SamTech students know about my lsx Block. .......? of the Wk when i Touched down in H? Where's the Dry ICE?
Y
Side note asked online about a head & a larger bore???
Darin text bac +10 & Scott @ cfe confirimed my thought & Rowdy 380 ish with a Larger Bore ... can we Move this **** Along with a 408 .....$ short ....Never Short lsx?. Gotta get a Bigger Shop...Business is Ah Booming! Damn Coyote! Perfection! My .....Zach Our own dyno!
Old 08-31-2019 | 03:36 AM
Banned

Build 1.... you paid 4 it, class inCession? Luv a Coyote....
Take it Beat on it.... u Built it $. Great idea Zach.....

Pinkny has Brian ....lets do this..F' it....my parts, my spec's.....got hm so many 5.0's

End of wk...we good Business is Ah Booming...damn Coyote ..my .....Zach dreams r Real? 4 every1...

Oval Blue is a great color 4 a block.

Last edited by Smokey B; 08-31-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2019 | 04:29 PM
Banned

Too much happening here in Houston. Dropped off my own engine stand..been had it from Harbor freight..you need yours Zach. Valve covers, with Super vic/ with acuffab 4500...move this puppy right along. Chevelle we looking Good on the!!!!! Spoke with a soon2 be grad @ Sam..... Has his emc 440 ready for the contest. Check rules he's all the way up....CID top end "let there be Air to the piston",said my idea is very similar just 4.200'ish and a 408 CSA head that should be around 380ish+. What does your spec's look like for the EMC...hmmmm difference in duration. Also talked... SamTech, Race Engine Challenge SB2 i think..sbc 4 sure.... Zach has gotten Swampped with what he's done with a 5.0 i understand & we good. Damn resleeved FI Coyote.lol.

Stopped by the coner store...older lady has a Ton of plastic to go plates....me, you know i talk. WE got US a get together? KeyWord: *we* and she don't know me.
Her: No. U selling plates? No. They have a big track meet. I'm what the kids? No cars...Oh? I've been gone 5wks, what its @ E. Mount? Yes, Dallas got the $ .....calling it the First 48...You otta come, got you on the plate. No thanks young lady, inside till Tues with Zach and off to NY city. To much going on...
And i just cut my Jurassic Park backyard..nothing outside!!!! Snow Fall season2 ketchup..

Old 09-01-2019 | 10:46 PM
Banned

Xbox will go to the next Thread...

Missed all of this, will ketchup.

Gotta do a stud girdle for the Ls3 setup? ER had 1 i want one. Zach said never seen or thought of... Don't worry U just assemble with these Numbers quoted and Wanted. Super with 1 inch spacer has a Straight shot, for the inside runners No fuel distribution problem as with a carb. 4500 & air ...my little Hard head buddy with the Camaro's & xbox Friends over 5yrs said don't go past 8k with my ecu He's a Programmer...young grasshopper i know this relax. Text ER about girdle or as Lil John did call ole Jomar Joe has been said he'd do it. Everythings specing out. Crank had to be cut and resurfaced. No biggie Short block's paid 4. Zach, SAM, & i : are all good. Gotta show Zach this trick.

Think 4.220x4.175 sounds good with a 380'ish head ...Simulator says 854ish @ 7500 14.8 comp on Corn. Cut my crank .170 ish Honda??? Keep it simple with less rpm.....Same cam specs of the Cam Motion cam and Ls7 heads 263/279..... 1.70'ish added stroke ate 7800 with a 408 with a four inch crank.

With the top end Shawn (SAM) spec's everything ....heads needs 62cc as with Rowdy heads.
Old 09-03-2019 | 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Pinkny has Brian ....lets do this..F' it....my parts, my spec's.....got hm so many 5.0's

End of wk...we good Business is Ah Booming...damn Coyote ..my .....Zach dreams r Real? 4 every1...

The way you type looks like lyrics to a bad mumble rap song. WTF.
Old 09-03-2019 | 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by psicko
The way you type looks like lyrics to a bad mumble rap song. WTF.
That's what happens when the ganja takes over. And with him that is OFTEN! LOL
Old 09-03-2019 | 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

You are BABBLING AGAIN Smokey. Makes you look REALLY STUPID! But you seem to be proud of that.....
Old 09-04-2019 | 08:51 PM
Banned

Guy can pay to assemble his own Coyote......got a few 1200+ fwhp builds going on.

Quick Reply: EMC similar format with *New info & products*