The 830HP pump gas 434 that could

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by bortous
I don't like people of that character.
I also think that sending letters for those purposes is a low act.​​​​​
Agreed! We here have no use for that sort of people (using the term loosely.. lol)
Old 02-26-2020, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry, I normally keep things to myself but man my experience dealing with him was terrible.
The following users liked this post:
DualQuadDave (03-24-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 03:47 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,512 Likes on 2,164 Posts

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Sorry, I normally keep things to myself but man my experience dealing with him was terrible.
It’s a good thing when someone posts up about a bad experience with a shop, as long as it’s done in a professional manner. I appreciate you being civil about it. Most folks go freakshow and start a bunch of crap.
The following 5 users liked this post by Che70velle:
62nalide (02-27-2020), AINT SKEERED (02-26-2020), DualQuadDave (03-24-2020), G Atsma (02-26-2020), NAVYBLUE210 (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Apples with apples is to compare other similar engines using those same brodix BR7 heads, not other heads. Because those brodix heads work extremely well from what I've seen. And these were done by Frankenstein also, double +. Also every engine with brodix heads typically stands out (unless they've been butchered by some hack) not just the LS. Brodix has been developing aftermarket cylinder heads almost before anyone else. Look at any high HP old school engine, SBC's, BBC's, even big block mopars, they are almost always some of the quickest and fastest cars out there when using a brodix casting when they were ported by someone that knows what they are doing.

https://brodix.com/heads-2/small-blo...le-heads/br-ls

Last edited by Che70velle; 02-27-2020 at 07:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DualQuadDave (03-24-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cdubbzz
272cc runner, 2.25 Ti intake and 1.614 exhaust valves
Solid flow numbers but certainly not the "highest" on the interwebs, which goes back to flow data is just one component of a good head/good combo k bye

.200...162 intake/ 95 exh
.300...240 intake/ 140 exh
.400...292 intake/ 177 exh
.500...338 intake/ 229 exh
.600...381 intake/ 247 exh (I don't know if the intake # was a typo or not so leaving it)
.700...376 intake/ 254 exh
.800...383 intake/ 258 exh
.900...395 intake/ 258 exh
1.00...403 intake/ 258 exh
That is a high exhaust flow % for an LS (which is required to make good power, not just with NOS either)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTur1996
Not being naive at all. Its definitely possible. I just don't see your combo doing it. With no power adder, dished pistons, low timing, only spinning it to 7500, and heads that big. The heads would be hurting you more than helping you. Whats the compression? I would be surprised its even 11:1 with those dished pistons. I know many people that have 434's and 427's including myself and no one is breaking 800. Several of us have the CID intake as well. Ours has a 1100 dominator on top too. We all have very good flowing aftermarket heads too with way more compression. You would have to spin the **** out of it to hit those numbers with your combo. I was born on a day and i sure as hell wasn't yesterday. The track always tells the truth, period.
What heads are on these engines? How can you say a well ported brodix br7 can hurt more than help on a build like this, when factory 427ci zo6's with cam+bolt ons etc can perform so well with their oem heads which are nearly as large? I think a lot to do with it is who ported the heads, the camshaft selection, and the entire combination. IMO you can't just say it's BS if you don't have exactly what he has.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Launch
What heads are on these engines? How can you say a well ported brodix br7 can hurt more than help on a build like this, when factory 427ci zo6's with cam+bolt ons etc can perform so well with their oem heads which are nearly as large? I think a lot to do with it is who ported the heads, the camshaft selection, and the entire combination. IMO you can't just say it's BS if you don't have exactly what he has.
In the picture it appears he has dished pistons. I asked if they were dished or not but there has been no reply. If they are dished with no power adder, those are some bad *** heads and flow crazy for sure. In that application they would be too big IMO. Then I said if they weren't dished but domed then i stood corrected and I was wrong. Now people are implying I said you can't make big power NA. which I never said. Many have and always will. Now there is a guy bashing my engine builder that has been nothing but good to me and a few others that I know that use him. These motors do exactly what they said they will do and are very pleased with the out come for sure. One person talks **** about him and many just jump on the band wagon, what a joke. He never mentioned his name but told me about a guy that was a pain in his *** that caused his own problems and followed him around talking **** stalking him like a deranged maniac. Wonder if it was him. May have been a dam good reason for that letter. Then a guy posts a NA engine combo that is running low 9's. Lots of guys doing it at that race weight for sure.. My friend with the Butler motor is 2400 race weight and he is knocking on the 8's door N/A. His is 780FWHP. There is a very wide array of heads the guys I know have and I'm not mentioning any because whats the point. People on here are just waiting to talk ****. Take it to the track and all the rose colored glasses can come off. The track always tells the tail. Period. So carry on and talk **** twisting it to whatever you want. I'm out. Have A Great Day!!!!
Old 02-27-2020, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

In the picture it appears he has dished pistons. I asked if they were dished or not but there has been no reply. If they are dished with no power adder, those are some bad *** heads and flow crazy for sure. In that application they would be too big IMO. Then I said if they weren't dished but domed then i stood corrected and I was wrong. Now people are implying I said you can't make big power NA. which I never said. Many have and always will. Now there is a guy bashing my engine builder that has been nothing but good to me and a few others that I know that use him. These motors do exactly what they said they will do and are very pleased with the out come for sure. One person talks **** about him and many just jump on the band wagon, what a joke. He never mentioned his name but told me about a guy that was a pain in his *** that caused his own problems and followed him around talking **** stalking him like a deranged maniac. Wonder if it was him. May have been a dam good reason for that letter. Then a guy posts a NA engine combo that is running low 9's. Lots of guys doing it at that race weight for sure.. My friend with the Butler motor is 2400 race weight and he is knocking on the 8's door N/A. His is 780FWHP. There is a very wide array of heads the guys I know have and I'm not mentioning any because whats the point. People on here are just waiting to talk ****. Take it to the track and all the rose colored glasses can come off. The track always tells the tail. Period. So carry on and talk **** twisting it to whatever you want. I'm out. Have A Great Day!!!!
Let's not forget the engine builder does not have an in-house dyno & uses a 3rd party for the exact reason you inferred (inflating numbers etc). At some point I guess I'll video myself filling up 93oct at the local gas station. As far as racing goes I didn't build this sweet piece & upgrade to a 10pt cage to race a dyno...and my track time will be limited bc Dragy and street life.

Last edited by cdubbzz; 05-06-2020 at 07:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cdubbzz:
AINT SKEERED (02-27-2020), DualQuadDave (03-25-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Damn someone is bashing him? That's crazy...
All seriousness I'll keep that matter private but I can assure you I was not served a letter but another engine builder was. So, don't mind MY opinion about Mr. McCaul.
All that matters is that you are happy with what they offer but if your using him to try to discredit OP's combo... well... yeah I personally can't take his opinion serious.
This is my last reply about that matter and let's not derail this post. If you have questions for me PM me directly.
Let's keep this about the post.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 750 Likes on 407 Posts

CDUBZ, is that Dover rd? Or possibly Pasadena rd?
Looks eerily dark...that 408 combo sure was workn for ya. Sumbitch was nasty outta the hole!
Old 02-27-2020, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by rkupon1
CDUBZ, is that Dover rd? Or possibly Pasadena rd?
Looks eerily dark...that 408 combo sure was workn for ya. Sumbitch was nasty outta the hole!
Jersey Devil territory
Old 02-27-2020, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Jersey Devil territory
Ol' Leeds farm!
Old 02-28-2020, 03:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Let's not forget the engine builder purposely does not have an in-house dyno/uses a 3rd party for the exact reason you inferred (inflating numbers etc). At some point I guess I'll video myself filling up 93oct at the local gas station. As far as racing goes I didn't build this sweet piece & upgrade to a 10pt cage to race a dyno...and my track time will be limited bc Dragy and street life.

Self promotion of my old 408 on an unprepped street LOL
https://youtu.be/V6x2F1Coax0
Why is it you won't answer the question? Are those pistons dished or domed? Very simple question for the third time. So you didn't have any track time before and now your going to make excuses ahead of time why you probably won't be going now. Imagine that. As far as I'm concerned Dynoes are a waste of money. You go to ten different ones and they will all be different. Let me make this clear. I never said anything about your engine builder and again if that motor has dished pistons and no power adder I don't believe that dyno sheet goes with that motor. Absolutely nothing to do with the builder.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Damn someone is bashing him? That's crazy...
All seriousness I'll keep that matter private but I can assure you I was not served a letter but another engine builder was. So, don't mind MY opinion about Mr. McCaul.
All that matters is that you are happy with what they offer but if your using him to try to discredit OP's combo... well... yeah I personally can't take his opinion serious.
This is my last reply about that matter and let's not derail this post. If you have questions for me PM me directly.
Let's keep this about the post.
So you have actually never done any business with him yourself but are on here talking **** about him based on hear say. You are a tool for sure. You are the one that started this mess when you could have pm'ed me in the first place. To be clear I never used him to discredit any one. It was an example only. Plus I find it funny that you went out of your way to single him out when I mentioned another name too. Good job on getting all the sheep to follow you though. What a joke.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:31 AM
11 Second Club

Another 440ci with brodix br7 heads (not by FED) but this one hydraulic roller and their website says it makes 805hp @7400rpm on 93 pump gas

tremaniac.racing/posts/1912544355513650

edit: link isn't showing up. put https:// www. facebook . com / in front of the above for it to work

or look up on facebook ... tremaniac.racing

Last edited by Launch; 02-28-2020 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:18 AM
TECH Addict

Why is it you won't answer the question? Are those pistons dished or domed? Very simple question for the third time. So you didn't have any track time before and now your going to make excuses ahead of time why you probably won't be going now. Imagine that. As far as I'm concerned Dynoes are a waste of money. You go to ten different ones and they will all be different. Let me make this clear. I never said anything about your engine builder and again if that motor has dished pistons and no power adder I don't believe that dyno sheet goes with that motor. Absolutely nothing to do with the builder.
Hey man, I have no dog in this fight, but its pretty clear why he doesnt wanna dish out the details. His car is grudge. Its not uncommon. These guys generally dont parade around thier track results. He explained that, plain n simple. If you cant accept that, than just keep it moving. You wanna see how fast it goes, it will cost you $$$$. Its that simple. On top of all that, he did call you out against more than 1 combo you listed. Thats pretty much front row seats to the big show. If your callin bs, than do so n gets paid doing it! You said yours run well. I say line em up than. He was more than willing. You did not acknowledge him either.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Go make your own thread on all the things that you can’t do. You’re getting all in your feelings in this one.
The following 2 users liked this post by WE TODD DID:
AINT SKEERED (02-28-2020), jayyyw (03-03-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

So what is all this fuss about?
It's a shame the threads turn into dog fights.

The following 2 users liked this post by bortous:
rkupon1 (02-28-2020), WE TODD DID (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Compression is 92/93 pump gas friendly (no meth/no additives needed!)
408 went 6.40's to the 1/8 on the 3rd pass at 3500lbs off the footbrake.

Dynos are a tool to provide data. It's laughable to think we would go through the trouble to map a dyno from another engine to mine. Give me a break!
Old 02-28-2020, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Launch
Another 440ci with brodix br7 heads (not by FED) but this one hydraulic roller and their website says it makes 805hp @7400rpm on 93 pump gas

tremaniac.racing/posts/1912544355513650

edit: link isn't showing up. put https:// www. facebook . com / in front of the above for it to work

or look up on facebook ... tremaniac.racing

Quick Reply: The 830HP pump gas 434 that could