Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 402 short block at SDPC!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
OK everyone. All SDPC 402's ordered from today untill Jan 31 we will include and install the rear cover. This will include a new GM gasket, rear main seal, and bolts. As alot of you know, when you install the rear cover, and the seal it helps to use GM's special tools. If these two parts are not installed correctly it can cause your blood pressure to go up!! Well until Jan 31st this problem will be taken care of for you FREE OF CHARGE!!
Awesome Christmas/ New Year gift!!!
Sure wish I could scrap some dough together but then you never know what may pop in the future. I may be calling you sooner than I think!! I like the sound of saying 402.....hmmmm.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Kriss,
I have a 402 on order from you now. Will it also include this rear cover & install? Thanks,Hal
Old 12-21-2005, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002gt
Hey Chis I was wondering if there is a chance of getting a 427, using a darton reselved ls2 block. With a eagle rotating ***. Eagle h beam rods, crank and diamond pistons.

Please contact me.

2002gt

Hey Chris

Any new info on darton resleved 427 ls2 block stroker.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks Kris.

We just finished tuning my SDPC 402 for my 03 Monaro (GTO), with 15 psi from two turbo's, a stock idleing camshaft and a highly restrictive intercooler it pumped out 748 hp at 5900 rpm on a Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno, with pump gas and only 16 degrees of advance. I cant wait to lean on it early next year.

Thanks Kris for an "A" grade short engine, we look forward to getting the other ones up and running and sending a new order in the next few months.

Merry Christmas,

Matt.
matt@gdperformance.com.au
Old 12-25-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

phantom - did you upgrade any of the shortblock parts or leave them as is? (like better rods/pistons...)
Old 12-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by soslo
phantom - did you upgrade any of the shortblock parts or leave them as is? (like better rods/pistons...)
soslo,

I opted for the JE pistons for forced induction, the Hellfire ring pack and the Lunati Pro Mod rods. I also optioned ARP mains and head studs. We have another with the std configuration but with the JE's, another with the Lunati Pro-billet rods, the JE's and Lunati "bad boy" Crank and two more NA engines one with the Pro-mod rod's and the other with the "STD" set up. We cant build em for this price down under.

The engine with the billet rods has been converted to a cast iron block as the guy has moved the goals, we have fitted a dirty big camshaft and its now sporting two GT35/40's, it'll make my thing look like a slug... if either of us can get any sort of traction....
Old 12-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Default just wondering

how much power will that ls2 make
HP
RWHP
RWTQ
Old 12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I read in the one of my hotrod mags that SLP will also be offering the LS2 for f/i motors utilizing a piston for lower compression, when matched with proper F/I heads, like the 72 cc chamber LQ9 heads.

SLP, would there be an added cost to use a different piston and rings and offer your LS2 402 for folks like me who want to run boost (in my case a ECS D1SC set-up) which would run between 12 to 14 lbs of boost!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

If i only had the money. Do you guys take payments.lol
Old 12-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wing_it
how much power will that ls2 make
HP
RWHP
RWTQ
Our figures read a bit differant to yours as our dyno's read a fare bit lower, but we should be able to get full use of those turbo's capability (700hp each).

As an example of our dyno figures, a standard LS2 GTO will make around 295 RWHP on a Dyno-Dynamics chassis dyno.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mjustmike
Awesome Christmas/ New Year gift!!!
Sure wish I could scrap some dough together but then you never know what may pop in the future. I may be calling you sooner than I think!! I like the sound of saying 402.....hmmmm.
Oh yea... You need a 402!! Just give me a call or pm if you have any questions, or just need to place an order
Old 12-30-2005, 12:10 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hal StClair
Kriss,
I have a 402 on order from you now. Will it also include this rear cover & install? Thanks,Hal
Hal,

Yes It will include the rear cover installed. When I run specials, I pass the savings on to existing orders. I think it is only fair. In fact your short block is assembled and all we have to do is install the rear cover. I hope to ship monday for you!! If you have anything else you would like toadd to your order just shoot me a pm!! Thanks again!!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2002gt
Hey Chris

Any new info on darton resleved 427 ls2 block stroker.
Sorry I havn't got back with you yet on this. I will try to get you a quote put together soon and shoot you a pm!!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phantom meneSS
We just finished tuning my SDPC 402 for my 03 Monaro (GTO), with 15 psi from two turbo's, a stock idleing camshaft and a highly restrictive intercooler it pumped out 748 hp at 5900 rpm on a Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno, with pump gas and only 16 degrees of advance. I cant wait to lean on it early next year.

Thanks Kris for an "A" grade short engine, we look forward to getting the other ones up and running and sending a new order in the next few months.

Merry Christmas,

Matt.
matt@gdperformance.com.au
Matt,

As always we enjoy building your motors!! I don't know if Robert told you or not but I did finnaly recieve your AFR 225's with the upgraded springs if you would still like to use them. If not bo problem, I'm sure I can use them on another engine. Looks like your making some great power!!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:26 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTI 427 C5 Roadster
I read in the one of my hotrod mags that SLP will also be offering the LS2 for f/i motors utilizing a piston for lower compression, when matched with proper F/I heads, like the 72 cc chamber LQ9 heads.

SLP, would there be an added cost to use a different piston and rings and offer your LS2 402 for folks like me who want to run boost (in my case a ECS D1SC set-up) which would run between 12 to 14 lbs of boost!!
Thanks for your post, and to answer your question yes we can build a short block to fit your needs. We have alot of our 402's out there now that are eather n/a, or running alot of boost. In fact we are building two now that will be set up for 15lbs of boost. Just give me a call, or pm if I can answer any questions!!

Oh, and just to let you know we are SDPC (Scoggin Dickey Parts Center). All of my contact info is down in my sig, so please let me know if I can help!!
Old 01-02-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kris,

I have a friend who is ready to buy but has no internet access LOL!

What is the complete longblock price (Ready to drop in minus accessories)

AFR 225 heads 11:1 compression
402ci LS2 short with eagle crank, eagle rods and flat top pistons
224/228 115LSA cam or similar (Needs to be emissions legal)
Comp R lifters, dual springs, hardened pushrods
Ls6 intake ported stock throttle body

As I mentioned fully assembled, ready to drop in minus accessories.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
Matt,

As always we enjoy building your motors!! I don't know if Robert told you or not but I did finnaly recieve your AFR 225's with the upgraded springs if you would still like to use them. If not bo problem, I'm sure I can use them on another engine. Looks like your making some great power!!
Here is some pictures and some details on the car.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=49495

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=49494

Matt.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Restricted User

Does APS sell this Intercooler...it's kinda cool for the application.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Does APS sell this Intercooler...it's kinda cool for the application.

We fabricated the top tank to go over the radiator. The original tank went of to the right of the picture and runs silicon hose under the head light and up the the throttle.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Kris,

I have a friend who is ready to buy but has no internet access LOL!

What is the complete longblock price (Ready to drop in minus accessories)

Chrispy, I heard that Kris is leaving, or has already left. I've been playing phone tag with SDPC for almost 2 weeks trying to get a shortblock ordered... They haven't been returning phone calls, so I just talk to whoever answers the phone now, instead of trying to get back with the last person I spoke to...

Quick Reply: LS2 402 short block at SDPC!