Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Knocking the intake valve size down .04 should make a bit of difference on both shrouding and reversion at intake close.... right?

I also learned that a short runner single plane style intake eats up overlap and kills reversion. Atleast that is what I have found with my 20 degrees of overlap with the 244/248 113+2 cam.

After reading your results... searching... and speaking with those that know... I have a feeling someone is going to recommend a smaller cam with more agressive numbers at .200 vs crazy duration numbers at .050.....

what I found really interesting is that comp suggesting keeping the same cam with the XER lobes and just moving it around to a 111 intake centerline....
my ported head pics:
Its funny, months after writing what you quoted me on, I learned at least on leading cyl head shop was doing just that, reducing intake valve size, and picking up power. I dont think they are increasing the exhaust valve size though.
Theres also been some improvements in the exhaust port CNC work by WCCH, and Richard has informed me that they're seeing great results from just that.
In the beginning of Feb, we will be trying a variety of camshafts in an L92 headed 6.0. I hope to have some good info for everyone around that same time. Possibly verifying or dispelling some myths.
The saga continues.......................
BTW, no results on WKMCDs this weekend. Its miserable here in the mid Atlantic region.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Its funny, months after writing what you quoted me on, I learned at least on leading cyl head shop was doing just that, reducing intake valve size, and picking up power. I dont think they are increasing the exhaust valve size though.
Theres also been some improvements in the exhaust port CNC work by WCCH, and Richard has informed me that they're seeing great results from just that.
In the beginning of Feb, we will be trying a variety of camshafts in an L92 headed 6.0. I hope to have some good info for everyone around that same time. Possibly verifying or dispelling some myths.
BTW, no results on WKMCDs this weekend. Its miserable here in the mid Atlantic region.
I have been waiting for a response from HKE on a cam spec for my car. Apparantly he hasnt had a moment to put one together. After speaking with others I have changed direction...... I am going to keep the carb intake and put some lowend back in the car. It sees the street more than the track and with the SP intake I am not worried about carrying a cam to 6500rpm or more. What do you think? going smaller on a racecar setup sounds nuts IMO.... but I know guys like Louis, Rick at Synergy, and yall have made things happen with smaller cams on 40X/L92 setups.......

whoops..... Comp said a 109 centerline... not 111.... it is already on a 111.....

I assume that would bring it down and make it less peaky, right?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WizeAss
I have been waiting for a response from HKE on a cam spec for my car. Apparantly he hasnt had a moment to put one together. After speaking with others I have changed direction...... I am going to keep the carb intake and put some lowend back in the car. It sees the street more than the track and with the SP intake I am not worried about carrying a cam to 6500rpm or more. What do you think? going smaller on a racecar setup sounds nuts IMO.... but I know guys like Louis, Rick at Synergy, and yall have made things happen with smaller cams on 40X/L92 setups.......

whoops..... Comp said a 109 centerline... not 111.... it is already on a 111.....

I assume that would bring it down and make it less peaky, right?
I'll send ya a PM later. Cant divulge all the secrets, ya know? I'll need some details about your setup. Mainly engine specifics.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default What about me!!

Ed,

Any ideas on a new cam for me!!!! You have my car is running great but I'm open for improvements.

I'm falling further behind Kevin and that's not fair.

Bob K.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RGKSR
Ed,

Any ideas on a new cam for me!!!! You have my car is running great but I'm open for improvements.

Bob K.
I'm sure that he has pleanty of idea's for you!!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RGKSR
Ed,

Bob K.
Hate the game not the player.

BTW: Dropped the car off today for the Tiger Shark nose, side skirts and ACS diffuser. I'll have it back by Friday and then on to Ed's.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
thats what I want to hear.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Back down to Ed's last weekend to install the YT Ultralights and try a ported L76 intake. I went with the YT's really as an option to having Harland Sharp redo the trunions on the stock rockers. The YT's netted no additional RWHP and the ported L76 didn't do much either. I'll be trying one of the aftermarket manifolds when they are available.

We were hoping for more but we ended up at 510/470 through 3.90's, belts and stock water pump. That's an increase of 10/3. Torque curve is still table top flat and tip in is nuts.

The science experiment continues.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great Kevin!!!

Tht blue Z looks pretty cool too!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
Car looks great Kevin!!!

Tht blue Z looks pretty cool too!!

Nice to see your cruiser on the road in the dead of winter Kevin. Thanks for posting the results of the parts swap.
I'm impressed the intake made a positive difference.

Richard
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH

Nice to see your cruiser on the road in the dead of winter Kevin. Thanks for posting the results of the parts swap.
I'm impressed the intake made a positive difference.

Richard
Thanks Richard. I was out of the car for 6 weeks when I had my knee replaced. It gave me time to do the Tiger Shark nose, side skirts and ACS mini-spoiler. Luckily, it was my right knee. You don't have to push too hard on the gas pedal to go REAL fast.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

wkmcd, your saying you gained nothing from the ported intake?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94 guy
wkmcd, your saying you gained nothing from the ported intake?

The L76/LS3 intake is unlike other "port-able" intakes such as the FAST or LS2.
It is light, very thin skinned it is not like there is much to grind on.. It is essentially hollow and all it can be.

Last edited by See5; 01-29-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Back down to Ed's last weekend to install the YT Ultralights and try a ported L76 intake. I went with the YT's really as an option to having Harland Sharp redo the trunions on the stock rockers. The YT's netted no additional RWHP and the ported L76 didn't do much either.
Were the conditions the same?

Just think that is weird-that one car Ed worked on picked up like 16 just from the intake. Did your old intake have any work done on it?

And you didn't pick up anything from the YT's vs the stock rockers? Guess I will spend my $400.00 on something else.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ I went w/ the YTs for stability and no more needle bearings... any HP was icing on the cake.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 8ByGoat

Just think that is weird-that one car Ed worked on picked up like 16 just from the intake. Did your old intake have any work done on it?

And you didn't pick up anything from the YT's vs the stock rockers? Guess I will spend my $400.00 on something else.

The numbers are what the numbers are.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ I went w/ the YTs for stability and no more needle bearings... any HP was icing on the cake.
BINGO!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8ByGoat

It possible its a displacement issue too.
I dont know that a 403 will respond the same as a 6.0. Hard to say without testing a few more.
The 2 different engines have different power curves. Kevins peaks much sooner, and falls off before the 6.0 even peaks. I would attribute that to airflow. Although it didnt really build any vacuum.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

still damn good numbers..you hit on an excellent combo..i'm sure a lot of guys learned from your work..when everybody else was being tight lipped about L92 stuff,you were more than willing to share info..
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 66deuce
still damn good numbers..you hit on an excellent combo..i'm sure a lot of guys learned from your work..when everybody else was being tight lipped about L92 stuff,you were more than willing to share info..
Thanks man.
Its been quite a while since the last time I saw Kevin. Lotsa cars since then. Its amazing just how mild the cam in that thing is.
BTW, I'm building an almost identical combo thats going in a F-body over in Germany. We'll see what kinda numbers that thing makes in late March.
Stay tuned for that one!!

Quick Reply: L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...