GMHTP Shut Your Face Race Rules

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMHTP Shut Your Face Race Rules

Take a look and tell us what you think before this is set in stone...and yes this race will be 1/8 mile.

WEIGHT BREAKS
All minimum weights are with driver.

Nitrous 2900 lbs
Single YSI / F1A/6-71 Supercharger 3050 lbs
Single F1C/8-71 Supercharger 3150 lbs
Single F1R / Xi/10-71 Supercharger 3250 lbs
Single 76mm T6 Turbocharger 2950 lbs.
Single 80mm T6 Turbocharger 3050 lbs.
Single 85mm T6 Turbocharger 3100 lbs.
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Y2K or GT47-88) 3150 lbs
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (GT55-88, Pro Mod 88 or =) 3250 lb
Single 88mm T6 Turbocharger (Large Frame 88) 3300 lbs

WEIGHT ADDER/DEDUCTS
Nitrous combinations with more than 1 stage add 100 pounds
4-bolt heads deduct 100 pounds
Single throttle body or carb deduct 50 pounds
Billet block add 50 pounds
Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 pounds
Aftermarket rear suspension (Ladder bar) add 50 lbs.
Bias-ply slicks add 50 lbs.

*If one combination appears to have an advantage rules may be changed at the race director’s discretion in order to keep a level playing field for all competitors.

ENGINE: Must be a GM LS style block. Aftermarket cast iron or cast aluminum blocks permitted. Billet blocks permitted (using stock LS bore spacing) with weight adder.

HEADS: Must be GM LS Based OEM or readily available aftermarket cast aluminum head. Billet heads prohibited.

CARB/INDUCTION: Any style carburetor permitted. Any EFI system permitted. Any intake manifold allowed, including sheet metal/fabricated manifolds. Any modifications permitted, manifold must be identifiable.

NITROUS OXIDE: Any single or multiple stage permitted. Progressive controllers permitted. Push systems permitted. See weight adder/deducts.

SUPERCHARGERS: Single Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted. Entries may use forward facing units, vehicles may source air from hole in front bumper or valance. The Vortech Xi and Procharger F1 are the largest centrifugal superchargers permitted. Can not combine with nitrous.

SINGLE TURBOCHARGER: maximum size 76.0mm/2.992-Inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.072” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; e, g ,. The contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Exotic material wheels Prohibited. Reducers prohibited. Can not combine with nitrous.

SINGLE TURBOCHARGER: maximum size 85mm/3.346”(-Inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.426” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; e, g ,. The contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Exotic material wheels Prohibited. Reducers prohibited. Can not combine with nitrous.

SINGLE TURBOCHARGER: maximum size 88mm/3.465”-Inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.545” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; e, g ,. The contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Exotic material wheels Prohibited. Reducers prohibited. Can not combine with nitrous.

INTERCOOLER: Intercooler may be air to air or air to water. Intercooler may not obstruct driver from exiting vehicle. Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 pounds.

OILING SYSTEM: Dry sumps permitted.

EXHAUST: Mufflers are not required. Exhaust may exit underneath car away from driver.

FUEL: Gasoline is the only accepted fuel. Methanol/Alcohol is prohibited.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Only OEM American automatic transmission allowed. Converter driven planetary transmissions are prohibited. Electric shifters or air shifters are permitted. Trans Brakes are permitted.

MANUAL TRANSMISSION: Factory-style clutch assisted transmissions such as the Tremec T56 or 6060 are permitted. Clutchless transmissions such as the Liberty or Jericho are prohibited.

SUSPENSION: Stock style suspension cars only. Aftermarket bolt-on replacement front K-members are allowed (if front shocks bolt to K-member then they must be in factory location). Mini tubs are allowed. Stock unaltered frame rails required in front sub frame. Stock rear sub frames are required, but outer frame rail portion only may be notched for tire clearance only. When notching, stock inboard section of rear frame rails must remain stock, unaltered, and in stock location. Rear frame rails must remain in OEM stock condition in all areas. Four links and back half cars are prohibited. Aftermarket direct replacement components such as: front control arms, rear control arms, front coil over shocks, and rear coil over shocks are permitted. Aftermarket rack and pinion steering permitted. Bolt-on or welded sub-frame connectors, rear sway bars, are permitted on all cars. Torque arms are only permitted on cars that came originally equipped from the factory.

WHEELIE BARS: Prohibited

BODY: The car must retain its original appearance, profiles, and dimensions. Factory quarter panels must be used. Aftermarket fiberglass replacement panels are limited to hood, front fenders, doors, decklids, and bumpers only*. All front ends must be of factory dimensions and cannot be stretched. Aftermarket wings and spoilers are permitted. Complete stock appearing front and rear bumpers are required. A hood must cover the entire induction system. Forward facing hood scoops/ turbo or supercharger inlets are permitted.

*T-top cars may convert to a fiberglass or carbon fiber top.

INTERIOR: Must maintain stock appearance; including factory appearing style dashboard,. Floor and tunnel where visible must be upholstered or carpeted. Seats must be upholstered OEM or aftermarket seats in stock location. Rear seat may be removed when roll bar/roll cage are installed; area must be carpeted or upholstered.

WINDSHIELD/WINDOWS: OEM safety glass or Lexan permitted

STREET EQUIPMENT: Functional headlights, taillights and brake lights required. All headlights, brake lights, marker lights, etc must be on car and not removed for any reason. All vehicles must be driven to the staging lanes, but may be towed back after crossing the scales.

TIRES: All vehicles must compete on a Drag Radial type tire with no larger than the following sidewall designation 275/60/15 or a bias-ply measuring 28x10.5-inches.

BALLAST
Must be NHRA/IHRA approved mounting - Maximum 100# per individual weight bar. No loose or unsecured ballast allowed and will be grounds for disqualification. Vehicles are required to cross scales after each qualifying run and eliminations rounds. Vehicles must be driven to the lanes. Vehicle cannot be towed until it passes the scales.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Them there rules look familiar!!

Last edited by nmcajeff; 04-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Vehicles must be driven to the lanes, And cannot be towed until it passes the scales.... Needs to be removed!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MANUAL TRANSMISSION: Factory-style clutch assisted transmissions such as the Tremec T56 or 6060 are permitted. Clutchless transmissions such as the Liberty or Jericho are prohibited.

What about a GForce101A. Its a factory style Muncie just better. It is clutch assisted.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Hey Jeff LOL, I bet they do! Thanks guys for your input.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To Bad its only 1/8th mile
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rjb01camaross
to bad its only 1/8th mile
why!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

From the sounds of things, there could be 6-7 strong cars coming for this class. Add in 3-4 more folks that I hear are trying to be ready in time, and we could have a super turnout.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

I hope so. I love watching the big dogs run.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1excitement
Vehicles must be driven to the lanes, And cannot be towed until it passes the scales.... Needs to be removed!
Whats the word on this?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I love the title haha!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure if I changed that on the final rules submitted to Holley, but I'm sure we can work this out. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me either way. I'm sure the track/NMCA just want to keep the starting line from being a parking lot for ATVs, golf cars, etc.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Everybody was good last year, parked their golf carts/avt's out of the way, I don't foresee a problem.

Who's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SMITH
Whats the word on this?
You can only tow after the scales. Tow before scales DQ. Reason less people at top end means less chances of some one not being honest.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM
8 Second Club

I don't understand rules like this. Have any of yall ever run a nitrous car? How are you supposed to tune the car if you can't tow it back and check the plugs. I suppose its fine for a turbo or blower car but I would not run my car anywhere if I did not have the option of towing it back if I wanted to.

We will be at the Yellow Bullet Nationals the week before anyway running a real race with a real payout. I don't like how you can act like we would cheat if we could tow back. They just had a local race here with a minimum weight of 2800 and the payout was $2000 and we didn't run that because they wouldn't let us tow back. I couldn't even get below 2800 no matter what but that wasn't the point. I could have got an easy 2k since only 2 cars entered and the fastest pass was a 5.2x.

If anyone and I mean absolutely anyone want to run an ls car in 275 trim on a real track under some real rules come on up to MIR one night and race with the best ls nitrous cars in the country!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SMITH
I don't understand rules like this. Have any of yall ever run a nitrous car? How are you supposed to tune the car if you can't tow it back and check the plugs. I suppose its fine for a turbo or blower car but I would not run my car anywhere if I did not have the option of towing it back if I wanted to.

We will be at the Yellow Bullet Nationals the week before anyway running a real race with a real payout. I don't like how you can act like we would cheat if we could tow back. They just had a local race here with a minimum weight of 2800 and the payout was $2000 and we didn't run that because they wouldn't let us tow back. I couldn't even get below 2800 no matter what but that wasn't the point. I could have got an easy 2k since only 2 cars entered and the fastest pass was a 5.2x.

If anyone and I mean absolutely anyone want to run an ls car in 275 trim on a real track under some real rules come on up to MIR one night and race with the best ls nitrous cars in the country!
That's unfortunate. Such a petty rule to keep out the top tier LSx 275 cars in the world after they worked so hard to bring this class to fruition.

If it's anything like I have seen how they have worked to make the LS Fest a success, I'd bet this will be fixed so the likes of you and ATV can get down to BG for some fan "eye-opening" to who's really making waves in the LS x275 community. I know i drove my *** all the way to valdosta earlier this year to get a glimpse of your and ATV's cars in action. I was lucky to see yours at least.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

I for one wanna see the BADDEST of the BAD LS cars at one place!!! I think that's what everyone else wants to see too! None of these guys can build a car strictly for LS racing series. Most of them build their cars for local X275 classes because that's more realistic in regards to payouts and being able to still be somewhat local to race.

It seems like such a petty thing to not let them tow the cars back. I don't know one heads up nitrous guy that doesn't shut off and check the plugs after each run. Seriously can we not just have one good race at BG? If you guys would see how bad these guys wanna run you will see the BIGGEST turnout ever for a LS Race!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nmcajeff
You can only tow after the scales. Tow before scales DQ. Reason less people at top end means less chances of some one not being honest.
This is a BS rule. Beech Bend has Plenty of room at the top end of the track. This is a one race deal. Why not cater to the guys willing to come race and lay it all on the line? Nitrous and N/A guys tune off plug readings. Anyone with half a clue knows this. Having to drive across the scales is a BS excuse to the whole "Keeping Everyone Honest" arguement.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lot of weight being thrown around in here.....*ducks*
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Lot of weight being thrown around in here.....*ducks*
Not so much throwing weight round. It's about the LSX crowd having an event Soley for LSX powered cars. Then having a supposed all out X275 style 1/8 mile class. Then getting BS rules thrown in that might keep Top Nitrous guys from showing up. This coming from a Die Hard Turbo Guy.

Getting DQ'ed for towing across the scales is a joke.

I say make it reaL EASY.
-LSX powered.
-275/60/15 DR Tires.

Let Em Hang.

Quick Reply: GMHTP Shut Your Face Race Rules