Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member E30 LS project

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member E30 LS project

Hey guys new to the forums, i have an 89 325IS bmw im planning on LS swapping , currently looking for an LS1/T56 dropout or an aluminum 5.3 to put in it. will start a thread once i find a motor!
Old 12-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gas Gang Racing
Hey guys new to the forums, i have an 89 325IS bmw im planning on LS swapping , currently looking for an LS1/T56 dropout or an aluminum 5.3 to put in it. will start a thread once i find a motor!
I'm new as well starting an e30 Ls swap. I'm only ahead of you in that I just acquired a complete 01 Trans am for the project. It blew out a spark plug so the guy parked it. T56 is good to go and I already had a 5.3 ready for the build. Just starting to put together the swap parts. Post an update when you start your thread so I can follow!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSpwrd
I'm new as well starting an e30 Ls swap. I'm only ahead of you in that I just acquired a complete 01 Trans am for the project. It blew out a spark plug so the guy parked it. T56 is good to go and I already had a 5.3 ready for the build. Just starting to put together the swap parts. Post an update when you start your thread so I can follow!
Since I made the post I found a 50k mile 01 ls1 that I've already put a MS3 cam and LS6 intake in, I have my sikky swap kit at home along with my fuel line kit. I should be getting a T56 this month so after that all I need is a wiring harness and the sikky hydroboost setup, along with small things like a radiator and intake.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Since I made the post I found a 50k mile 01 ls1 that I've already put a MS3 cam and LS6 intake in, I have my sikky swap kit at home along with my fuel line kit. I should be getting a T56 this month so after that all I need is a wiring harness and the sikky hydroboost setup, along with small things like a radiator and intake.
I'm also running a ls6 intake with a cam in the ls1. Did you get the whole swap kit from them? I was thinking about going with the wiring specialties harness. Im hoping to have my parts gathered in the next month. BTW, where you located? I'm just outside of Atlanta GA
Old 12-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Teching In

I'm also running a ls6 intake with a cam in the ls1. Did you get the whole swap kit from them? I was thinking about going with the wiring specialties harness. Im hoping to have my parts gathered in the next month. BTW, where you located? I'm just outside of Atlanta GA
i got the whole swap kit from sikky, came with motor and trans mounts, driveshaft, front sump oil pan and oil filter relocation. everything is really quality and solid id recommend everyone use their kit. i also just bought the sikky E30 LS swap headers with 3 inch v band collectors, to run those you need to run aftermarket eyeball arms for clearance. i was also going to run the wiring specialties harness because it looked pretty plug and play with the connector to the fuse box, chase bays also makes a harness i was looking at. right now im located in central virginia but will be moving back to south FL when the car is done.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome! I love these threads -- I've been nibbling on the idea of a LS-swapped 3-series for a dedicated road race car.

What's the goal with the cars? Street car, road course or drag car?

I'm here in Atlanta and spend most of my car time running road courses in the Southeast, so if you're into turning perhaps our paths will cross down the road.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Teching In

i got the whole swap kit from sikky, came with motor and trans mounts, driveshaft, front sump oil pan and oil filter relocation. everything is really quality and solid id recommend everyone use their kit. i also just bought the sikky E30 LS swap headers with 3 inch v band collectors, to run those you need to run aftermarket eyeball arms for clearance. i was also going to run the wiring specialties harness because it looked pretty plug and play with the connector to the fuse box, chase bays also makes a harness i was looking at. right now im located in central virginia but will be moving back to south FL when the car is done.
What were your thoughts on the radiator? What were you thinking for engine management?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Welcome! I love these threads -- I've been nibbling on the idea of a LS-swapped 3-series for a dedicated road race car.

I'm here in Atlanta and spend most of my car time running road courses in the Southeast, so if you're into turning perhaps our paths will cross down the road.
Mine will be for the street. I work around spec e30s and just started to want one. I have wanted to do an Ls swap on my 1990 c4 but since getting the e30 I'm going to handle it first. Do you run with NASA or SCCA? I'm around the tracks and definitely wouldn't mind running into you
Old 12-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Midnight02

Mine will be for the street as well with occasional visits to the drag strip and 1/2 mile events. Should be fun.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Teching In

What were your thoughts on the radiator? What were you thinking for engine management?
The sikky mount kit didn't come with a radiator. I'm going to be using the stock ECU with HP tuners.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Teching In

The sikky mount kit didn't come with a radiator. I'm going to be using the stock ECU with HP tuners.
Same route I'm taking.

Quick Reply: New member E30 LS project