Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LADIES - Feel free to post.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LMz28
what kind of guy ISNT into cars?! nonetheless, though, both sides are pretty lame.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by supersickss
wow im in the same boat, my girlfriend says " you love your car more than me " all the time! starting to think its true ! im k idding
ahahhaa...sometimes i think i really do. usually after she says that very line.

at which point i say to her, "yup, just like i love this beer more than you right now"
Old 07-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

my girlfriend is starting to hate my car. she pulls the "you love your car more than you love me" line all the time now. any f-body drivers (girls) in the cen-cal area?

If it makes you feel any better, I think my boyfriend kinda hates my Z.... but that's probably because my LS1 runs on a regular basis while is LT1 is always in the shop, HA! (he's RedLT4Mike on here for those who don't know, we're always lurking)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

my girlfriend is starting to hate my car. she pulls the "you love your car more than you love me" line all the time now. any f-body drivers (girls) in the cen-cal area?

Getting a girl who is into f-bodies won't necessarily solve the problem... One thing that would help in these kinds of situations is to try and involve her more in the car stuff. When it isn't just YOUR project, and she's helping, it might help her to not be so threatened by your car... And if she doesn't want anything to do with it, dump her.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Getting a girl who is into f-bodies won't necessarily solve the problem... One thing that would help in these kinds of situations is to try and involve her more in the car stuff. When it isn't just YOUR project, and she's helping, it might help her to not be so threatened by your car... And if she doesn't want anything to do with it, dump her.
i always tell he tome come by when im working on the car, and try to get her to come to get togethers with me but she isnt having it. i dont think she feels comfortable because shes the only girl when were cruising, working on our cars, etc.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

i always tell he tome come by when im working on the car, and try to get her to come to get togethers with me but she isnt having it. i dont think she feels comfortable because shes the only girl when were cruising, working on our cars, etc.
Not a keeper then for sure. I'm usually the only girl too, but I don't really see what it matters. Is she scared of boy kudies or what???
Old 07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm trying to get my friend to buy another friends WS.6 The thing is cammed, an M6, and has spray, but I know she'd be able to handle it. She already drives her Saturn Coupe like the danm thing is a race car, and she's always told me she loves the T/A's. I've offered to help ehr with any of the general maintenance, and even introduced her to all "The Car Guys" I hang with in hopes of getting her into it. So far so good.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
I'm trying to get my friend to buy another friends WS.6 The thing is cammed, an M6, and has spray, but I know she'd be able to handle it. She already drives her Saturn Coupe like the danm thing is a race car, and she's always told me she loves the T/A's. I've offered to help ehr with any of the general maintenance, and even introduced her to all "The Car Guys" I hang with in hopes of getting her into it. So far so good.
I have a Saturn coupe as a dd, and it is not even in the same world as a cammed f-body... Not trying to discourage, but I've seen a lot of people who thought they had race cars and then actually got some power and didn't know what to do with it or how to handle it. I'd personally suggest starting with a stock one, and adding onto it as she gets used to it. That also gives people more of a chance to learn about the mechanics. I think it's so annoying when people name off 2 pages of mods they have but don't even know how to change their own oil.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Not a keeper then for sure. I'm usually the only girl too, but I don't really see what it matters. Is she scared of boy kudies or what???
she feels out of place cause she doesnt know anything about cars. its not like we talk about cars ALL the time though. i try to include her.
thats a huge jump. i went from a nissan sentra-which i drove like a maniac-to my z28 and spun it out within a week. make sure she understands how powerful these cars are.

Last edited by LMz28; 07-03-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Old 07-03-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish I could find more people to race . The ladies at work don't know a thing about cars and think I'm silly when car parts come in work

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 07-03-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
I just wish I could find more people to race . The ladies at work don't know a thing about cars and think I'm silly when car parts come in work
i love your sig!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks . My boyfriend made it for me but I make sigs as well. We've made a good number of sigs for LS1tech members.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Just because someon can drive like a maniac is a 4cyl econo-box, doesn't necessarily mean they're good drivers

Maybe you oughta let her test drive your ride. If she freaks out then maybe she ought re-think things and/or practice more. Although if there's one of those GM Auto Shows in Motion in your area, it would be a good opportunity for your friend to see first hand how some more powerful vehicles handle. Just some food for thought
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

internet rule #28- all women are men and all kids are undercover fbi agents.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
...and all kids are undercover fbi agents.
Uh-oh...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

I think it's so annoying when people name off 2 pages of mods they have but don't even know how to change their own oil.

i talked to an older broad out in long island for a little while...has a Z28, 408, built A4, etc. etc. etc. yet has never changed her own oil or even a tire in her life. she knew all the parts by heart, but couldnt for the life of her explain what they did. i made a joke about her adding headlight fluid, and her response was "i have halos i dont need that anymore".

im glad i stopped talking to her.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
i talked to an older broad out in long island for a little while...has a Z28, 408, built A4, etc. etc. etc. yet has never changed her own oil or even a tire in her life. she knew all the parts by heart, but couldnt for the life of her explain what they did. i made a joke about her adding headlight fluid, and her response was "i have halos i dont need that anymore".

post phone number or

Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by EchoMirage

Yep, that's what makes us all look bad. Unfortunately, even most of the girls who say they can work on their cars... can't. I think it is great that some females get their hands dirty and help out with whatever someone else tells them to do, but I would love to see more actually learning, understanding and then building up to do the work by themselves.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Zangel...I have to agree

...I like your thoughts!

Quick Reply: LADIES - Feel free to post.