Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here. But sorry, I bleed Ford blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here. But sorry, I bleed Ford blue

Hey all. My name is Kyle, aka ford_racer. Like it says in my sig, I prefer Fords, but I still respect Chevys. I decided to join because I got a wild hair and thought I'd see what it's like on the loser's side of the tracks... just kidding, don't ban me!!! My primary site is svtperformance.com, if anyone on here is over there as well. I just thought I'd check out what it's like over here.

My rides:

1972 Ford F100. Color=Light Goldenrod, but it's more like Faded Light Goldenrod w/ rust. Nothing special, but I built the motor myself, which is probably why it's not running

1970 something Ford Granada dirt circle track stock car. 351 Windsor w/ 4 barrel, balanced and blue printed. Not really sure about the specs of it all, as it was some kid's before we got it. The only reason we got it was because he got killed after he lost control of his mid 80s Bronco. So we got the Windsor for 600 bux. It originally had roller rockers, but that's illegal in our class Here's some links to a few pics:

Me holding my helmet by the late 70s Grenade: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Picture011.jpg

Different pic of just the car: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Picture001.jpg

And my piece of **** truck: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...PKylefront.jpg

BTW that's what the car looked like before last year's racing season. Now it's torn to hell. The hood and trunk lid are bowed, there is a big dent in the left rear quarter from some idiot. It's a pain.

The truck is... slow. It took 14.5 seconds to get to 60 mph! It's got a 4 speed with first being low. Meant to tow truck, not to be quick. My grandpa spent 4k on the build for my graduation present (I'm 18 and next Friday is my last day of highschool). For that money, I wish I would have gotten a Foxbody Mustang instead, but what can ya do?

Anyways all, just saying hi. Talk to ya later.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to the crowd
Old 05-17-2006, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome.

However, I have to ask myself, and you for that matter: What do you expect from this site??? Why did you become a member?? I don't mean that in a bad way. I am simply curious as to why a Ford guy without a LT1 or LS1 something would join this site??
Old 05-18-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

probably just loves cars and wants to learn as much as possible about all of the great engines. and btw....losing end? ever been in a 4.6 racing an ls1? assuming stock for stock of course haha. j/k man
Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Teching In

To learn more about the technical aspect of the LSx motors. For example, I am amazed at how much power a simple cam swap will net an LS1 (depending on cam grind of course). Most people would leave it at that. I didn't. I came to learn why.

For the record. I may post a lot in the lounge, but that doesn't mean I'm not lurking on other parts of the site. I probably won't have much input on any technical questions on these cars, that's why I won't post in the tech threads.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome
Old 05-18-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the site.

There are a couple sites that you may also want to check out that are lil brothers of this site:

For your truck: Performance Trucks

For your Ford love: High Tech Mustang

BTW, your login here should work the same on those two also.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
probably just loves cars and wants to learn as much as possible about all of the great engines. and btw....losing end? ever been in a 4.6 racing an ls1? assuming stock for stock of course haha. j/k man

I've never ridden in a Cobra () and the only LS1 I have ever experienced is a kid who graduated from my highschool last year's 00 SS. It had a Vortech at 9 psi and eibach suspension mods (springs and swaybar I believe). 515 to the wheels. It was fun
Old 05-20-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to the site ,we mite try to convert ya
Old 05-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A
welcome to the site ,we mite try to convert ya
^^^ Yeah what he said.

Who cares whether Ferd or GM makes the power? Just enjoy it!!!

You can get one hell of a starting point with an $8000 used LS1 Z28. You may be rolling in one soon enough if you spend enough time here.

With only $600 in a used cam bought here and some valve springs/supplies plus a weekend turning wrenches it feels good to hear what 1968 sounds like and what adding 50 horsepower is like.