LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

PRC's...and there you have it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRC's...and there you have it.

Read posts on thread.."PRC's or AFR's" page 3.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:12 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

um, whats your point?

TSP and Terry both used to sell PP's. when they both stopped for reasons we wont rehash again, Terry went to Racetech, they decided to create there own line of heads. PRC has nothing to do with PP in any shape or form. TSP does there own machining and tooling of the heads.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Hmmm. so why did my heads come from Racetech in Alabama. TSP got a shop there or something?? You know what... sorry I just wish I could call someone. Its been stewin in me for 2 days and I can't call anyone til Tuesday. After that then I'll send you some pics.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Hmmm. so why did my heads come from Racetech in Alabama. TSP got a shop there or something?? You know what... sorry I just wish I could call someone. Its been stewin in me for 2 days and I can't call anyone til Tuesday. After that then I'll send you some pics.
Racetech and TSP are two different entities, however they both PRC vendors.

i dont see what you are trying to prove, there is nothing shady going on.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Read my post here and post some pics and descriptions of your problems. I have three H/C installs lined up for next week using these heads and I'd LOVE to know your concerns.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=58
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The heads are CNC machined in Texas,then are shipped to me for finishing.When I shipped them I did not include the spec sheet,sorry for this.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Terry is on the board, you started an issue, finish it.
As far as packaging, Trevor from TSP, asked me if I wouldn't mind a box or if I wanted a pallet. I said box is fine as long as there is proper insulation in there. I'm sure that they will be allright, if not they will go back and believe me when I say that shipping ain't cheap to get them where I'm at.
I've e-mailed Trevor with my concerns after your post, I just have to wait to see what happens.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp

His point is QUALITY CONTROL needs some work, who ever packed the heads needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Even my Patriot heads I got from the same Terry were packed good and looked good, just the springs sucked ***
Old 07-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Restricted User

Wayne, how about posting up just a couple teaser pics, something to keep the naysayers calm and maybe bring some light up on your issue. I know you showing an aweful amount of restraint, but just a couple pics, with what you believe to be an issue.

jrp, I really dont think you understand...yet.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp

JRP...whos saying anything about shady???? I aint gonna bust anyones ***** on here cause I don't wanna screw with anyones livelyhood so I sent you and Gomer a message. Check it out and everyone seems to think I'm being a dick then I'll post up on it. But like I said that aint my style.

Last edited by Y2K SS; 07-04-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know Wayne, really nice guy, doubt he would purposely start any kind of trouble.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KSS
Too late now Chuck. I cleaned them up and put them on because you were ragging me so much. Nearly cut my fingers off torqing them down.
Must not have been a major issue since you installed them. So if it is only a packaging and a little bit of dirt, just post it

Posting and holding info makes people assume he worst. (especially the ones that have some on order (like ME).
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Must not have been a major issue since you installed them. So if it is only a packaging and a little bit of dirt, just post it

Posting and holding info makes people assume he worst. (especially the ones that have some on order (like ME).
For the guys who are sweating it.... no worries just have them take as long as they need to do it. I guess they're getting slammed out there and some are getting out as good as they'd like.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:37 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
JRP...whos saying anything about shady???? I aint gonna bust anyones ***** on here cause I don't wanna screw with anyones livelyhood so I sent you and Gomer a message. Check it out and everyone seems to think I'm being a dick then I'll post up on it. But like I said that aint my style.
right, insinuating you bought over priced patriots isnt shady.

and PREDATOR-Z just proved my point exactly, your little bit of info w/o any word from TSP or Terry makes people fear the worst.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:38 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

anyway, moving this to the sponsor feedback section.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

Just could keep it in our messages to each other huh JRP. Well Terry said the heads didn't come out how he would've liked ...... so NUFF said.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z

Dude, we're in Hawaii, if thing didn't cost an arm and leg, plus take so frink long to get here

I would of told him to send them back, I'm just hoping theirs no hair line cracks or any other damage no easily seen by just looking at it.

Like any of us he's excited and want to drive his car yesterday

If someone can host the pics, we will show you guys.

FYI shipping is another $200 on top of the heads, so seeing how these heads were packaged is just FUCKED UP PERIOD.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:30 AM
Restricted User

Guess its not Hawaii's turn to upset the cheerleaders, Pep ralley week is on now.

I am sure that some ppl might immediately jump ship and cancel all orders for a product because one person had a not as expected experience.......holding breath, right! However, as you know Jerami, there are the cheerleaders, not saying any names for example Gomer, that no matter what will defend the product they see fit to, to any end. Ironic the cheerleaders rarely get shut down, and the information, or lack of, they pass can be just as damning to a business. Say Gomer gets on here and rallies for the Patriot, oh that was two years ago, sorry, I mean PRC, and claims PRC heads are the ****, run as good or better than AFR's and customer service is among the best...some ppl would actually believe that line of ****, w/o getting any other info. Just the same as there is a need to monitor the "lack of info during" a not pleasant experience, there should be for those over zealous ones also. just my $.02

Now, ditto with Andrew on the shipping **** we face here. I am sure Preadtor-Z would agree (but not speaking for him) that sometimes on the long haul shipped parts you get a little shafted, mini-dicking if you will, and you suck it up to **** poor QC on the supplier/manufacturers end and we end up fixing it here to save the 3-10 day one way routing. Yeah FedEx has 2nd day air, read the small print, excluding HI, we pay 2nd day air, but know doing so we wont get it for 3-4 days.

Must not have been a major issue since you installed them. Well, with the pompom squad so faithfully backing PRC, I agreed to have him clean them up, and install after looking them over, cause I feel confident once he posts the pics, if there is an issue Terry/TSP will make it all good

Charlie
Old 07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

gomer is just one guy, but its true alot of members listen to him- but he has earned it though. But still, dont listen to just one or two guys on a product. It maybe new and the only customers that have em are those to members- lay back and watch and see what happens is my advice to all. Alot of products and companies are the stuff at first and some stay that way and some do not. I have seen a recient set of PRCs at SpeedSouth just the other day and they "look" just like any other nice CNC cylinder head so the QC is there. But the the reason I posted is I see alot of people taking one or two members advice and then get upset when its not whats expected. Even still about getting a not up to par product, just return it- I am sure the company will make it right. They cant help it you live in the middle of the Pacific. Thats just the price you pay to live there on the shipping problems, which some of the other benefits way outweigh that problem
Old 07-04-2005, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bo White
Even still about getting a not up to par product, just return it- I am sure the company will make it right. They cant help it you live in the middle of the Pacific. Thats just the price you pay to live there on the shipping problems, which some of the other benefits way outweigh that problem
True but it is their responsibility to make sure its packed nice and tight. A 5000 mile trip or more you could bet that box bounced around a few times. I'll still hold judgement till I see more result. On paper do seemed like a great pair of heads. Now lets get these suckers dyno and see what they could do.

Quick Reply: PRC's...and there you have it.