LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Problem, new A&A shortblock tearing up

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TondSS
I see you point there. I could carless for A&A i will never recomend any buddy in my city to go there and im a reputable racer. i just dont think he should have popped off to me so rudly, not a great way to market your buissness . anyway rick is going to take care of me for sure the only reason why i had even called a&a was to see what there prices were and how much the tunes are because synergy almost wasnt going to be able to get in in time for a grudge match race on the 7th! none the less ring ring ..... rick was on the phone and saiid your in, and were rety for you! it was like gold to my ears!
however i have never seen one single bad comment on this board about synergy ever!!!! soo i have 100% faith in rick will make a beast out of my car!!
he is strait forward and only wants to help you out, also i saw so many turbo vettes there i almost **** my pance , sorry for the french~!
even the "dont quote me on this but im pretty sure" the first kennybell vette that was going to be in a mag shoot in GM hightech ..... i guess that explains enough.

have a good day bye!
lol your a reputable racer ha ha , what did your car run before the turbo, like a low 12/ high11, lol my gto with a cam and long tubes does that and thats my daily driver, your a tool dude, you want andy to sponsor you ??, ok put yourself in andy's shoes, would you give a deal to a guy that just randomly calls you??especially considering your not hurting for business and you have lots of cars in line for the same job, and are paying the rate qouted to them. Andy and i go back a little ways, and i am only 21, and yes i own a vette, but he has also tuned my other cars as well including my gto, and guess what i paid full price!!. just deal with it, you get what you pay for. ok Mr. John Force
Old 05-04-2006, 12:03 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the fast reply to my long-*** email, Andy.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
BuyAmerican, I hope you and A&A recconect.
Charlie & I have been, "PMing," each other.
Next week Andy & I will communicate.
This gives us both the opportunity to have cool heads, reflect
and figure out what works for both parties, etc..
Old 05-04-2006, 05:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
Charlie & I have been, "PMing," each other.
Next week Andy & I will communicate.
This gives us both the opportunity to have cool heads, reflect
and figure out what works for both parties, etc..
by the way i have some pics of my cartek clutch, and the damage it caused i will send them to you, i hope you feel comfortable with that clutch next to your legs.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
by the way i have some pics of my cartek clutch, and the damage it caused i will send them to you, i hope you feel comfortable with that clutch next to your legs.
Ryan,

I am not using a Cartek Clutch.
The Cartek Clutch has held 900 rwtorque at the strip on Pauls twin turbo..
I have a Spec V rated at 1,200 lbs. ft. torque.
Droping any clutch at high rpm, creates issues.
Running nitrous creates even more torque.
Perfect Installation is key.
Rebalancing is key.
You will be surprised that many are off, even though they say they are balanced.
Perfect break-in is key.

I engage much lower and use the throttle.

I have an extra 3/8-1/4" steel scatter shield for a C5.
I paid $250 for it, if you are interested, I will get it to you for less.
Motor has to be tilted to put it in.

Last edited by BUYAMERICAN; 05-04-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ryan,

I am not using a Cartek Clutch.
The Cartek Clutch has held 900 rwtorque at the strip on Pauls twin turbo..
I have a Spec V rated at 1,200 lbs. ft. torque.
Droping any clutch at high rpm, creates issues.
Running nitrous creates even more torque.
Perfect Installation is key.
Rebalancing is key.
You will be surprised that many are off, even though they say they are balanced.
Perfect break-in is key.

I engage much lower and use the throttle.

I have an extra 3/8-1/4" steel scatter shield for a C5.
I paid $250 for it, if you are interested, I will get it to you for less.
Motor has to be tilted to put it in.
i would be interested in it actually, i was only on a hundred shot at the time 650 rwtq, and it didnt blow up on the line, it blew up when i went into third gear, i am sure you listened to rodney and went with the spec 5, i wish i would listened to him. but water under the bridge, how about 225 shipped??
Old 05-04-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Well thanks for the comment teacher! I didn’t know I was getting graded on this. I could really careless what you say unless you plan to pay me to write an essay! And NO I wasn’t wanting a free tune. Are you stupid?? were did you get free tune from, your ***?? go read some more dumb *** i said to him i had 750 if that is free ill give you my address and you can send me the money? I think your confused, did you fall on your self?
It was the fact that he started to act like an a## when I said is there anyway you could start the tune at 750 from there it was a different story.

i hope the spelling makes your day better

not only my car but "F-Body" guys.....he said you F-body guys always do this"
I wasn’t asking for a discount ether I was seeing what I was working with on how much the tune would cost! Why cant you ask the simple question is there anyway we could start at 750 i didnt know that was a big deal! also as far as I am concerned it doesn’t matter who sponsored by…..and I wasn’t asking for anyone’s opinion I was giving one so thanks bye!
Of the few posts from you that I have read, it looks like Andy made the correct move by not taking your business. By the way you present yourself, it's clear you were a member of the short bus club.

] ***EDIT*** TondSS, I missed the fact that you were BANNED***EDIT*** [/

Last edited by 2c5s; 05-04-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

i would be interested in it actually, i was only on a hundred shot at the time 650 rwtq, and it didnt blow up on the line, it blew up when i went into third gear, i am sure you listened to rodney and went with the spec 5, i wish i would listened to him. but water under the bridge, how about 225 shipped??

You have no money, I'll take it for $250 shipped.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Launching!

I actually looked up every single guy that was running a high h.p. stick application. The Spec V was very prevalent.
Mightymouse, Vince, Slowhawk, etc. were a few that come to mind.
I think Rodney picked it up on one my threads.
The Tilton triple is just really stupid expensive and rows terrible.
Even R&T said it just sucked on LPE car they just tested.
I do have one of Rodney's fully, fully, build tranny's.
Smooth as butter.
GM is actually using him to design their next tranny for the...

The part is at the Synergy about thirty-five miles from me.
I am suppose to be picking up my car and left over parts next week.
I will probably it send it to you for $225 shipped,
assuming they do not hit me up to bad on the shipping.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I actually looked up every single guy that was running a high h.p. stick application. The Spec V was very prevalent.
Mightymouse, Vince, Slowhawk, etc. were a few that come to mind.
I think Rodney picked it up on one my threads.
The Tilton triple is just really stupid expensive and rows terrible.
Even R&T said it just sucked on LPE car they just tested.
I do have one of Rodney's fully, fully, build tranny's.
Smooth as butter.
GM is actually using him to design their next tranny for the...

The part is at the Synergy about thirty-five miles from me.
I am suppose to be picking up my car and left over parts next week.
I will probably it send it to you for $225 shipped,
assuming they do not hit me up to bad on the shipping.
well i will take it, if it gets too crazy expensive on shipping i will throw some cash in on the shipping, i am probadly going to go with the RPS double or triple carbon, all the high powered supra guys are using them i might try it, i do know its crazy expensive, but the name spec scares me for explosions as well even though i have never seen a stage 5 blow. we'll see. Pm me when you get everything setup.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2c5s
You have no money, I'll take it for $250 shipped.
ha ha, thats it i am not doing that "favor" for you now.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Launching!

Ryan,
Talk to Slowhawk.
The Spec V will work fine for you. Spec III(NO WAY)
Slowhawk has tested it on six plus high drag cars.
Mighty Mouse has 15,000 miles on his.
If that does work for you.
Spec has a new dual disk coming out.
The entire thing is supposely all billet,
not a remade truck clutch like the McCloed(sp).
Slowhawk is testing one right now.
Also SPEC is running it on an full weight F-body with 1,300 lbs. ft of turbo torque for testing.
Only $1,400.
The RPS dual is suppose to be $3,200 and will only hold 900 ft. lbs..
Brent
Old 05-05-2006, 12:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ryan,
Talk to Slowhawk.
The Spec V will work fine for you. Spec III(NO WAY)
Slowhawk has tested it on six plus high drag cars.
Mighty Mouse has 15,000 miles on his.
If that does work for you.
Spec has a new dual disk coming out.
The entire thing is supposely all billet,
not a remade truck clutch like the McCloed(sp).
Slowhawk is testing one right now.
Also SPEC is running it on an full weight F-body with 1,300 lbs. ft of turbo torque for testing.
Only $1,400.
The RPS dual is suppose to be $3,200 and will only hold 900 ft. lbs..
Brent
i will consider it, because i am going to start hitting it with a 200+ shot, i need the thing to hold, i have tranny that you from rodney, shifts smooth, has taken power shifts on the bottle. and still shifts perfect.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

ha ha, thats it i am not doing that "favor" for you now.
Son of a ..
Old 05-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Launching!

I see you point there. I could carless for A&A i will never recomend any buddy in my city to go there and im a reputable racer. i just dont think he should have popped off to me so rudly, not a great way to market your buissness . anyway rick is going to take care of me for sure the only reason why i had even called a&a was to see what there prices were and how much the tunes are because synergy almost wasnt going to be able to get in in time for a grudge match race on the 7th! none the less ring ring ..... rick was on the phone and saiid your in, and were rety for you! it was like gold to my ears!
however i have never seen one single bad comment on this board about synergy ever!!!! soo i have 100% faith in rick will make a beast out of my car!!
he is strait forward and only wants to help you out, also i saw so many turbo vettes there i almost **** my pance , sorry for the french~!
even the "dont quote me on this but im pretty sure" the first kennybell vette that was going to be in a mag shoot in GM hightech ..... i guess that explains enough.

have a good day bye!
Actually Tony you are a kid....You act like this to everyone,You try to jew people down and then get all pissy when they wont go down in price....You tried low balling me when you built the rear end...150 to set a ring and pinion is a fir price,but you got it done for like 30 dollars less and had to re do the whole thing again when you didnt put oil in it...KArma ha.Worst part about it is when you had to call me to know what to set the lash and bearing preload to.....There is a trend here tony,your a ******* and try to screw everyone and everyone should sponsor you.NEws flash your car is slow its a bucket of **** and is unsafe to drive because you short cut everything,i dont know about you but i wouldnt want to sponsor a car like that or a person like you...It would give me a bad name for sure...
Old 05-08-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Andy is a stand up guy. I would not have a problem ordering my short block from him when the time comes.

im guessing BUYAMERICAN == american_hp on the other boards...?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Andy is a stand up guy. I would not have a problem ordering my short block from him when the time comes.

im guessing BUYAMERICAN == american_hp on the other boards...?

Yep, Mr. look at me everyone, I need attention 24/7. Pathetic
Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Launching!

You are guessing wrong and it would be wise to ask, before you state incorrect conjecture. Two separate individuals.

Just so you know, the two of us, know of more than a dozen other individuals that have had/have a similar situation with the same vendor. Jeff stated publically that he received over thirty pm's over at CF just in regard to this last week alone.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Yep, Mr. look at me everyone, I need attention 24/7. Pathetic

actually your wrong sir......

Buyamerican (brent) and american hp (jeff) are two different people....... go on the corvette forum and you will see for yourself... brent post as: #001 2001 Z06
with a pic of a C5R motor as his avatar, Jeff has an X ray as his avatar. and if neither one of their cars leaves the shop, my car will never get worked on!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I just got the first email about this last night and knew nothing about this thread until someone called me about it.
I've talked to the guys at CAM and told them to send it to me with the pan and timing cover still on the engine.
If there is no evidence of an oil pump "O" ring out of place, pump screen jammed against the bottom of the pan, oil pump spacers on backwards, contamination introduced from an oil cooler or old oil pump pickup screen, or any of the many other things that can happen during an installation, I'll replace or rebuild the motor at no charge AND help with the install.
Even if I DO find one of the above mentioned errors, I'll STILL replace or rebuild the motor at NO CHARGE but not help with the install labor. How much fairer than that can I be?
I'll tell you what happened with the last motor that I had a problem with. I sent it to a guy in Texas. He has a shop there install it and it has low oil pressure.
I send him a new short block with no questions asked. I paid shipping both ways.
The old motor comes back to me almost 3 months later and is filthy.
I clean all the crap out of the bores and set it up on my stand. I put an oil pan etc on it and spin the motor with the starter. It has 50+ lbs of pressure.
I have it completely disassembled, cleaned, measured and reassembled. Not a single part was changed.
I sold that motor at a discount and installed it in a customers car a month or so later. It made about 600 RWHP and had no issues whatsoever. It's still running just fine.
It was definately an installation error. Maybe an oil pump "O" ring or one of the other things I mentioned above. I STILL replaced the motor at no charge.
That's just the way I run my business. It's just the right thing to do.
The only thing I didn't do was pay the install labor. I also think that was fair.
After this experience, I just want to make sure I get the motor back in a timely manner and have an honest chance to see what really happened.
Whether it's something that we did or not, we still need to find out exactly what happened to make sure it doesn't happen again.
In the last few years I've done just shy of 150 LS based engines. Sure, I've had a couple of problems, but I've taken care of EVERY one of them.
I've even sent replacement engines to guys (well, one, anyway) that never even sent the old one back!
Tuners have to be careful they are not totally taken advantage of, too.
Guys get on the internet and think if they badmouth someone or threaten to, that they can just get anything they want. Fair or not.
Diamond made a change in the piston design last year. The return holes in the oil ring ara were made much smaller. I had 12 engines that I installed that burned oil. It was quite a while before we figured out what the deal was.
I have taken out and rebuilt 11 of those engines at no charge, PARTS or LABOR. I have 1 more to do. I'll do that one at no charge too.
Again, that's the way I run my business and will continue to.
This engine in question will be dealt with in the fairest manner possible. No dragging it out or any other BS.
He actually mentioned in his email that he might be interested in moving up to a 402. No problem. My fault or not, I'll give him FULL credit towards the 402.
The only thing in question is the installation labor.

........[TondSS segment removed].....

You tell me. Is this fair to all involved, or not?
Andy
Wow this thread sucks, and so does the situation....

I talked to Andy yesterday and he says that the reason the engine failed is lifter and/or camshaft failure. He says one lifter came apart and another stop rolling on the cam face and wiped a lobe. This metal, I'm told, wiped out everything in the engine even the block, though it was caught before any bearings spun. The cam was a brand new Cam Motion grind and the lifters were new Comp OEs, not the Rs.

Having not seen any of the engine myself, I am in no place to either agree or argue. He is supposed to be emailing me pictures. I will say that from first startup that oil pressure would fall much more than expected when warm like a loose clearanced build. Also there was NO valvetrain noise at all at any point, even it's last idling run moving it onto the trailer, nor was there any knock or other sound that was out of the ordinary.

...so that's what's up

Last edited by Frost; 06-15-2006 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem, new A&A shortblock tearing up