LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Summit Racing Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Summit Racing Sucks

On 3/17/06 I ordered 2 18 by 9(part #Are-6998963) and 2 18 by 10(part #ARE-6998163) AR rebels. I tried to mount the wheels on 4/18/06. It took a month b/c my car had been in the body shop. The 18 by 9 had the wrong bolt pattern. I called summit and asked if I could return the wheels since I had them for a month. I told the sales person what was wrong and he told me it sounded like I was a retard who didn't know what bolt pattern my car had. Then he starts asking me what type of car I had and what year it was, so he could find the right bolt pattern. If the jackass would have paid attn. to my order number he would have seen I ordered the 5 by 4.75 pattern. Even the box said that. After that I talked to another sales person and they said send the wheels back and they would pay me back for shipping. I told them I had the wheels for a month, and asked if they were sure about them paying shipping charges. They said when they get the wheels back and inspect them, as long as it was thier mistake they would pay me back on shipping charges. I sent them back on 4/19. I called today and was told I would not be paid the $60 back in shipping charges. I am not mad about the getting the wrong wheels, b/c I understand people make mistakes. But I am pissed about the way I was treated and that I was lied to. U would think that when someone drops $1200 with summit, u would get treated better, guess not. I will never do business with summit racing again. Thanks David
Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you asked why??? why are they not paying shipping charges??
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
Did you asked why??? why are they not paying shipping charges??
They said I had the wheels for to long before I found the problem and shipped them back. This is why I asked them(before I even shipped the wheels back)if they were sure that they would be responsible for shipping charges. The answer was yes. Thanks David
Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by skippydn
They said I had the wheels for to long before I found the problem and shipped them back. This is why I asked them(before I even shipped the wheels back)if they were sure that they would be responsible for shipping charges. The answer was yes. Thanks David

ALWAYS get the name of the employee that said yes to the shipping charges and get their employee ID #. That way you never get screwed,sorry bud
Old 05-02-2006, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss rally red
ALWAYS get the name of the employee that said yes to the shipping charges and get their employee ID #. That way you never get screwed,sorry bud
Thanks, I have learned a lesson. I am going to call back tommorrow and try to talk to the manager. Maybe he will fix the problem. Thanks David
Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Too often employees do not have IDs anymore.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Please mark this as resolved. Called today and talked to summit and they agreeded to give me $30 back on shipping. I am happy, and will do business with them again. Thanks David
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I knew it. Summit Racing has the best customer service on this side of the galaxy!

Quick Reply: Summit Racing Sucks