LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm i have had the rotors on there now for about 6k miles and i have done some hard *** braking from 130, i have no issues with these rotors.

And that rotor does not look cracked.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a e-mail stating they had shipped the rotors. I was told 30+ days as they were backordered. It has been less than 3 weeks, way to go! Looking forward to putting them on.

The e-mail does state they are C5 rotors, hopefully they are C5 front and Camaro rear or instal could be a problem.

I will let you know when they get here and how they look.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Man, I wonder where my order is. I ordered way before you guys on 3/20. Can I get a tracking number, I sent a PM about it.

I looked at my pads today. Like paper thin. I can't wait anymore.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

I ordered my front rotors from you guys yesterday before finding this offer at LS1Tech. The order said it would ship in 48 hours.

I sent an e-mail today asking if I bought the rear rotors as well, if I could get this sale price of 149.00.

So, can I still get the sale price (already paid 113.00 for front only) and will it be shipped in 48 hours.

I would love to get the price even though I do not need rear rotors yet. BUT more importantly I need my front rotors ASAP since the current pads are worn down pretty low and I am changing them this week.

Please respond to my request as soon as you can.

Jack
Old 05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Oh well. Sounded like a good deal, but no brakes and I'm not going to make a payment to my CC without the parts. If I never get the parts I'll be out of my money. I'll let my bank talk to their bank about this. I wonder if they'll make them pay interest or fine them for charging before shipping.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dom
Oh well. Sounded like a good deal, but no brakes and I'm not going to make a payment to my CC without the parts. If I never get the parts I'll be out of my money. I'll let my bank talk to their bank about this. I wonder if they'll make them pay interest or fine them for charging before shipping.
It's a bad idea to not pay your card. At a minimum, call the card company and let them know what's going on, but if you just flat out don't pay them, you're going to end up eating the late fees and interest. Personally, I'm just glad I waited on these.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
It's a bad idea to not pay your card. At a minimum, call the card company and let them know what's going on, but if you just flat out don't pay them, you're going to end up eating the late fees and interest. Personally, I'm just glad I waited on these.
I won't have to pay because I'm going to deny the charges claiming fraud. I've done it so many times before.

What I was saying is that my payment is coming up and I'm not going to make it unless I have parts in my hand so I have no choice but to deny the charges.

I've been given 3 different ship dates and the parts are still not shipped. I can't stand dishonesty. At least tell me up front it's going to take 6 months to a year. Instead of this next week we'll ship them every time I call or PM.
-----------
Wholesale Direct vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
LS1TECH Sponsor

It will be there on the 2nd of april. Thanks
---------------------------------

May 3rd now.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Dom have you called? They don't seem to do real well with emails/PMs about orders, but on the phone they were pretty good about letting us know what's up.

I understand your frustration, I was right at the breaking point, too, but if you do perhaps call them they might be able to tell you whats up.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MSJHWT
Dom have you called? They don't seem to do real well with emails/PMs about orders, but on the phone they were pretty good about letting us know what's up.

I understand your frustration, I was right at the breaking point, too, but if you do perhaps call them they might be able to tell you whats up.
First when I ordered on 3/20 I was told it would ship the same day. Then when I PMed, I was told I will have it 4/2(I thought it was in transit). Then when I called three weeks ago I was told they will ship out that week. Then it was posted on 4/10 that all orders will be shipped no later then thur. Here we are 5/4 now, and nothing. Meanwhile they're holding on to my money. Have anyone ever had a sponsor charge you before they shipped the item? I ordered so many parts from so many places and had that never happened.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=301
Here we are almost a month later.

I got a track event in 2 weeks, a cruise later. I'm not going to wait any longer. I was lied to way too many times about shipping. They should have told me from the beginning there was a back order. I would have never ordered since I needed brakes ASAP. They're screwing up my entire month with their lies.

Last edited by Dom; 05-03-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dom
First when I ordered on 3/20 I was told it would ship the same day. Then when I PMed, I was told I will have it 4/2(I thought it was in transit). Then when I called three weeks ago I was told they will ship out that week. Then it was posted on 4/10 that all orders will be shipped no later then thur. Here we are 5/4 now, and nothing. Meanwhile they're holding on to my money. Have anyone ever had a sponsor charge you before they shipped the item? I ordered so many parts from so many places and had that never happened.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=301
Here we are almost a month later.

I got a track event in 2 weeks, a cruise later. I'm not going to wait any longer. I was lied to way too many times about shipping. They should have told me from the beginning there was a back order. I would have never ordered since I needed brakes ASAP. They're screwing up my entire month with their lies.
I hear ya DOM

When you need rotors you need rotors and not more than a month down the road. At the site they say within 48 hours I believe (I just ordered Monday before seeing this thread). If I am in the same boat as those in this offer then I will cancel the order.

My Hawke pads from UMI sjipped within 24 hours and i will have them today or tomorrow. Just in time for the wekend.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to here about your loses. I am happy though. I ordered and 2 days later they were at my day.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

I called today and they are sitting at their desk ready to ship. Supposively they'll be boxed and shipped today, but I don't know about that. I called in the afternoon not morning.

UPDATE. It's finally enroute. Will be here Wed.

Last edited by Dom; 05-05-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Launching!

I'm sure WPD will make good on all the orders. I got mine a while back. Called up and they shipped them that day and they arrived in a weeks time (From Cali to NJ) and looked awesome. Threw them on and they work amazing. Stops are effortless and i've been using them for almost 5k miles without a single problem. They don't even make noise. I would order again from them for sure. Hope everyones order turns out alright.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Teching In

We got ours Thursday and put them on Friday. They look great on the car.

The box was packed well and they made sure nothing would get damaged en route.

All in all, the process took a whole lot longer than we would've liked, but got the product and it was all correct, and a lot less than it would've been somewhere else.

We would probably order from WDP again.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

My rotors cracked just like all the pictures on here with less than 5000 miles on them. I asked Brian for rotor thickness to see how they are wearing and what not. I told him about the problem he was like o we never had that problem. He said I could send them back on my own dime and they would look at them. Brian also said he would call back and I called twice after that and said forget it. I would never do business with them again. Seems like some people have good luck some don't. I notice most of my cracks formed near the cross braceing was drilled out.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. As you know, we're having the same problems over on the corvette forums that you're having here with WDP. I won't even bother going into my whole ordeal, but wanted to post an email I received today from Bendix.

Last month, after having major problems with WDP and reading their feedback on Ebay about them using cheap after market rotors and calling them by brand names, I contacted Bendix directly. They asked me for all sorts of information about WDP and said they would look into it. Today I received an email back from Bendix stating the rotors WDP is selling are NOT Bendix rotors. I'll paste the email below.

I just wanted to let you guys know this since there's some serious safety issues here. Please do NOT take my word for it, contact Bendix yourselves to remove any doubt.

These rotors are NOT manufactured by bendix. If you want real drilled/slotted bendix rotors, call any advance auto parts stores, they can order them for you.

Jay M Buckley
Technical Training Manager
Bendix Answerman
Honeywell - Bendix
248-362-7186
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know I received at least (3) different types before receiving the correct rotors.....how you can mistake diff manufacturers/numbers is beyond me, but I am hoping and praying I don't have a misfit issue.

I am sure they sent the correct fronts/rears
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Just wanted to give you all a heads up. As you know, we're having the same problems over on the corvette forums that you're having here with WDP. I won't even bother going into my whole ordeal, but wanted to post an email I received today from Bendix.

Last month, after having major problems with WDP and reading their feedback on Ebay about them using cheap after market rotors and calling them by brand names, I contacted Bendix directly. They asked me for all sorts of information about WDP and said they would look into it. Today I received an email back from Bendix stating the rotors WDP is selling are NOT Bendix rotors. I'll paste the email below.

I just wanted to let you guys know this since there's some serious safety issues here. Please do NOT take my word for it, contact Bendix yourselves to remove any doubt.

These rotors are NOT manufactured by bendix. If you want real drilled/slotted bendix rotors, call any advance auto parts stores, they can order them for you.

Jay M Buckley
Technical Training Manager
Bendix Answerman
Honeywell - Bendix
248-362-7186

If there's any truth to this, they should be dropped as sponsors IMHO
Old 05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Launching!

alright, well does anyone know of any other sponser that has a good set of rotors for a decent price? I mean we really need somethin else here!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER

If there's any truth to this, they should be dropped as sponsors IMHO
Like I stated, don't take my word for it. Call or email Bendix directly and get it straight from the horses mouth.

Quick Reply: Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors