LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Is the a part # or something that would show the Bendix rotors were from China or not???

I'm not sure how to tell but mrosa65 could send you the e-mail with the number/email to the guys at Bendix who are aware of this issue or I can once I get home and they could answer any questions you have about it. They seemed to be extremely helpful from the e-mail that I've seen.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Teching In

I emailed bendix for my records (not that i disbelieved anyone here), and they confirmed what 'Ubenripped' and 'mrosa65' said. I tried to call WDP several times today, no answer; for some reason i didn't get the answering machine either... I didn't get drilled rotors, so i dont have to worry about cracking as much, but i still don't want to take the chance with rotors that bendix does not feel are adequate for our cars.
Just some extra info for you all.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I should call my CC and file a complaint and give them Bendix's number as proof that it's not their rotors?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dom
So I should call my CC and file a complaint and give them Bendix's number as proof that it's not their rotors?

Personally, I would. Why chance it? And it IS Bendix's rotor, it's just a cheap one made in China not designed for high performance cars. Drilling them makes them that much weaker. WDP is selling them as something they aren't and that's fraud.

Just get as much documentation (Invoices, e-mails, links to forums threads with the problems) as you can. You shouldn't have a problem.

I initially tried to get WDP to credit my card back. I was told by Brian that they had credited it back but a week later I still hadn't seen the credit on my online statement so I disputed it. They told others that a check would be mailed to them. I know of no one who actually received the 'check' though.

And if you want real Bendix rotors designed for this, as mrosa65 mentioned, just go to a local advanced auto parts. About $280 for the whole set and you won't have to worry about them exploding on you when you need them.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Just wanted to give you all a heads up. As you know, we're having the same problems over on the corvette forums that you're having here with WDP. I won't even bother going into my whole ordeal, but wanted to post an email I received today from Bendix.

Last month, after having major problems with WDP and reading their feedback on Ebay about them using cheap after market rotors and calling them by brand names, I contacted Bendix directly. They asked me for all sorts of information about WDP and said they would look into it. Today I received an email back from Bendix stating the rotors WDP is selling are NOT Bendix rotors. I'll paste the email below.

I just wanted to let you guys know this since there's some serious safety issues here. Please do NOT take my word for it, contact Bendix yourselves to remove any doubt.

These rotors are NOT manufactured by bendix. If you want real drilled/slotted bendix rotors, call any advance auto parts stores, they can order them for you.

Jay M Buckley
Technical Training Manager
Bendix Answerman
Honeywell - Bendix
248-362-7186
Originally Posted by Ubenripped
Personally, I would. Why chance it? And it IS Bendix's rotor, it's just a cheap one made in China not designed for high performance cars. Drilling them makes them that much weaker. WDP is selling them as something they aren't and that's fraud.

Just get as much documentation (Invoices, e-mails, links to forums threads with the problems) as you can. You shouldn't have a problem.

I initially tried to get WDP to credit my card back. I was told by Brian that they had credited it back but a week later I still hadn't seen the credit on my online statement so I disputed it. They told others that a check would be mailed to them. I know of no one who actually received the 'check' though.

And if you want real Bendix rotors designed for this, as mrosa65 mentioned, just go to a local advanced auto parts. About $280 for the whole set and you won't have to worry about them exploding on you when you need them.
So did Bendix make them or not? Do they have another factory in China that made them or who made them? Did Bendix actually sold these Chinese rotors to WDP or they didn't sell any and that's how they know? Just need a few things cleared up before I call my CC.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dom
So did Bendix make them or not? Do they have another factory in China that made them or who made them? Did Bendix actually sold these Chinese rotors to WDP or they didn't sell any and that's how they know? Just need a few things cleared up before I call my CC.
After the second email I received from Bendix, I called them and I was told they were made by Bendix Global. They're made in China and not intended for use for high performance applications. These were cheaper rotors and were not drilled or slotted by Bendix which I'm sure caused the cracking problem that some customers have reported.

I would suggest you call Bendix directly and talk to them before contacting your CC company. They can give you all the info you'll need to dispute the charges. If you'd like, I can forward you both emails I received from Bendix, just PM me your email address.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I contacted my CC company. We'll see how it goes.

I'm going to AAP and getting these rotors. I hope they are at least sell zinc coated versions.

What pisses me off the most is that I could have done that 2 months ago and had new brakes on.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

you guys lets make this very simple no need to call and credit card company what I sold was a Bendix rotor I was not aware the global was made In China and I am still not sure If It Is no one has ever told me Bendix Is a US company.

Brembo also makes rotors In mexico does that mean they are not good quality ? Come on they have their standards and follow them. If you guys have a problem just call me directly we will help you 714-666-8585 ext 104 I want to see what I can do to help you guys out.

Even If you call your credit card company I still need the product nack If you are happy and dont want them just call me It will be much easier.

Thanks and have a nice day. B
Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wholesale Direct
you guys lets make this very simple no need to call and credit card company what I sold was a Bendix rotor I was not aware the global was made In China and I am still not sure If It Is no one has ever told me Bendix Is a US company.

Brembo also makes rotors In mexico does that mean they are not good quality ? Come on they have their standards and follow them. If you guys have a problem just call me directly we will help you 714-666-8585 ext 104 I want to see what I can do to help you guys out.

Even If you call your credit card company I still need the product nack If you are happy and dont want them just call me It will be much easier.

Thanks and have a nice day. B
More lies Brian ? Come on dude, enough already. I can post a link to the corvette forums showing your posts where you state they ARE made in the US and how they're better than other companies. So where did you buy these from ? Directly from Bendix or a distributor ? You've claimed both, so I'm curious as to which lie you're going to claim now.

As far as people not contacting their CC companies. I'm sure you don't want them to. You sold parts that were clearly not designed for their cars which is FRAUD. Now you don't want them to get their money back ? Or are you going to promise them the old "the check is in the mail" routine like you did on CF ? Funny, I had 3 seperate checks in the mail which I never received and it took me having to dispute it with my CC company to get my money back.

I'm sure Brembo has a factory in Mexico and if they're manufacturing rotors that are to be used for high performance applications then I'm sure they meet certain quality control criteria. Unlike the rotors you're purchasing, which are made in China for Chinese cars that have 1/10 th the performance of the cars that they're being insalled on here in the states.

People like you should be in jail, actually if Bendix does as they say, that might not be far from the truth.

Here's the link to where good old honest Brian states the rotors are "U.S made bendix brake rotors that are made In the good old U.S with a one year wrranty" It's in post #1075
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1554835823

Post # 1239 Brian just spoke with Bendix
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1554934611

Now Brian is claiming he's using a supplier to get his Bendix rotors. Post 1202
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1554906762

This guy lies so much he should be in the Whitehouse.

Last edited by mrosa65; 05-12-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Mrosa65 I said what I had thought at the time the Bendix rep told us and I can prove It I know hios name and have His cell number that the rotors were us made so I guess we were lied to also.

And as fas as the credit card dispute go ahead If I do not have my rotors back you do not get your money back bottom line.

Bendix Is going to take me to jail for what ?

They have reps for their distributors making false claims to me should I sue them no I dont have oodles of time like you obviously with nothing better to do mrosa get a life you think you know this business better then me I was just at a open house for Bendix at one stop undercar and their rep failed to mention China made so what am I suppose to be a mind reader ?

I am not a liar and have offered refunds to all who have sent the stuff back and issued them those of you sitting on my parts doing cc claims will not get a dime from me until I get my parts now who Is the theif here.

I am going to run this special again yes I said Is again and I will get sales the price Is just to darn good and out of now 650 customers between here and vette.com I can life with the plus people who were not happy you cant please evryone.

I am going to run the new one as Centric rotors because my supplier cannot get more Bendix.

Mrosa go find a new hobby If you sent your parts back and we got them you will get your refund if you did a cc dispute and we had a check issued it is now cancelled and we will deal with your cc company at any rate dude you need to find something else to do 260 order and you have spent thousands of bucks in time.

HAVE A NICE DAY. B

The reason I have not been posting Is I was out of town anyone needing help has been istructed to call us.

B
Old 05-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Mrosa65 I said what I had thought at the time the Bendix rep told us and I can prove It I know hios name and have His cell number that the rotors were us made so I guess we were lied to also.

And as fas as the credit card dispute go ahead If I do not have my rotors back you do not get your money back bottom line.

They have reps for their distributors making false claims to me should I sue them no I dont have oodles of time like you obviously with nothing better to do mrosa get a life you think you know this business better then me I was just at a open house for Bendix at one stop undercar and their rep failed to mention China made so what am I suppose to be a mind reader ?

I am not a liar and have offered refunds to all who have sent the stuff back and issued them those of you sitting on my parts doing cc claims will not get a dime from me until I get my parts now who Is the theif here.

I am going to run this special again yes I said Is again and I will get sales the price Is just to darn good and out of now 650 customers between here and vette.com I can life with the plus people who were not happy you cant please evryone.

I am going to run the new one as Centric rotors because my supplier cannot get more Bendix.

Mrosa go find a new hobby If you sent your parts back and we got them you will get your refund if you did a cc dispute and we had a check issued it is now cancelled and we will deal with your cc company at any rate dude you need to find something else to do 260 order and you have spent thousands of bucks in time.

HAVE A NICE DAY. B

The reason I have not been posting Is I was out of town anyone needing help has been istructed to call us.

B
Hooked on phonics...I highly suggest putting some of the money you scammed from your customers to good use.

Here in your own post you're telling lies. First you claim you're dealing with a direct rep from Bendix, then you go on to say that you're rep can't get Bendix rotors anymore so you're going to use Centric. My guess, they'll still be the same cheap rotors and you'll just lie and tell people what ever they want to hear. Your BBB rating sure speaks volumes about you and I really doubt mods will let you sell inferior products that you claim are made by another company.

So put your money where your mouth is. PM me your Bendix reps name and phone number. Heck, just his name would work. *I* can call Bendix as I have several times already and see if this person works for their company as you claim and find out why he's "supposedly" selling you rotors made in China instead of the US rotors that actually have to meet safety standards.

Offering refunds and actually giving refunds are TOTALLY different. I can offer anyone a date with Pamela Anderson, if I don't make good on it, then it's just lip service. From all of your posts and lame excuses here and CF, I think we all know what the real deal is all about.

I'll spend as much of my time as I want to keep you from ripping off people. There are a lot of us who don't appreciate what you're doing and I'm sure you'll be getting a letter from the state attorney generals office in the near future. I'm sure Ebay will also be contacting you as well as a few other organizations. If I were you, I wouldn't spend any of the money you scammed from all these good people, sounds like you're going to need it for a good lawyer. Fraud isn't a fun thing to have to fight.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Teching In

HAVE A NICE DAY. B

B

I have to call bullshit on this one. You may have 'offered' people a refund but I've only seen one person get a refund and that was after major hassle. Myself, I was told I had been credited back but a week later my bank said I hadn't. I never even received a tracking number much less parts. Most people got the "we're mailing you a refund check" and those must have been shipped by the same people shipping the rotors because they never arrived.

Bendix may not take you to jail but may tell you to stop drilling these rotors or face a lawsuit. It's not the fact that they were made in China. It's the fact that they are not made for high performance applications and that is what you're selling them for. I think Corvette's and F-Body's would qualify as high performance. It's just like selling some cheap *** tire rated for 100mph as a z rated tire knowing that the cars you're selling them for go in excess of 150. If someone gets killed and it is linked to these rotors their family could sue you for everything you had.

Funny that Bendix finds out about this and the same week your 'supplier' can no longer get Bendix.

Anyone can read the references I posted earlier and see that you are full of it.

You suck.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Funny Its the same 10 people on here getting mad you guys are bored. Im done I am still taking orders and I can live with a few kooks.

Have a nice day

P.S I do not need to disclose I do business with with anyone. B
Old 05-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Funny Its the same 10 people on here getting mad you guys are bored. Im done I am still taking orders and I can live with a few kooks.

Have a nice day

I thought you said we could call him? Now you don't need to disclose it. As far as 10 people. We were taking names on the last thread as to who was satisfied and who had problems. Before the thread was locked it was way over 10 unhappy people. Check for yourself http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...&highlight=wdp

Speaks for itself -> Better Business Bureau Report

I guess these people are all 'kooks' right?

Last edited by Ubenripped; 05-12-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

out of 650 plus order actually make it 800 plus between the two boards 15 people lets say what Is the % there ?

Hmm not bad If you ask me. B
Old 05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Teching In

out of 650 plus order actually make it 800 plus between the two boards 15 people lets say what Is the % there ?

Hmm not bad If you ask me. B
Add 'Sesame Street' to 'Hooked on phonics'. I count 40 on that list and that was before it was locked.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

wow U been ripped you haveing fun yet can you please find something else to do. By the way who are you anyway what Is your name I would like to look up your order and see what we have done for you. B

Whats your name man ?

Spit It
Old 05-12-2006, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Who the **** are you B. to call people that you fucked "kooks". You mother ****** you. Ask the BBB if we are kooks.....whats your rating? oh...its an F. I think my 16yr old nephew could run a simple company better than you.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Have a nice day

So you tell us you can prove it and you have his name and number, now you're telling us you don't have to disclose who you do business with ?

It's funny, on all of your initial adds on here, CF and even on Ebay. You never mentioned your were buying cheap blanks and then drilling them yourselves. You only mentioned it after people had ordered. I wonder why you never disclosed that fact.

You should really take some math classes as well as English 101. The numbers of customers who are not happy with your products keeps going down. Pretty soon you'll be telling us your customers are so happy they pay you double your asking price.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Teching In

wow U been ripped you haveing fun yet can you please find something else to do. By the way who are you anyway what Is your name I would like to look up your order and see what we have done for you. B

Whats your name man ?

Spit It
My order number was 000223208118. That should give you all of the info you need. The only thing you have done for me is consistently lie. It's ok though, I got my money back, thanks to the bank.

Quick Reply: Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors