LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Italiano99
alright, well does anyone know of any other sponser that has a good set of rotors for a decent price? I mean we really need somethin else here!
Ws6 store.. There rotors are holding up fine on my buddys 95 Z.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Here is their rating by the Better Business Bureau. Oops. They have screwed up bigtime. I am still waiting on my plain rotors. I should have checked this first.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13206981
Old 05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow......think I'll check BBB for every internet purchase from now on!

All I know is that my rotors are numbered BR55034 and 55050 which do not correspond to Brembo part numbers, so I am not sure what I have, but they do not look anything like the "aftermarket" or "Aimco" brands as pictured; however, do look like the Brembo's pictured in the attachment below

http://replacement.car-stuff.com/par...howdc=true#top

The differences were the inner 1/2 band as opposed to no inner band, if that makes sense
Attached Thumbnails Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors-rotors-003.jpg  

Last edited by Firehawk526; 05-09-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

So all this waiting and I'm getting some uber cheap rotors. Fantastic.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Teching In

I've noticed WDP hasn't posted on any of the boards in the last 2 weeks and hasn't been returning customers calls, I wonder what's going on.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrosa65
I've noticed WDP hasn't posted on any of the boards in the last 2 weeks and hasn't been returning customers calls, I wonder what's going on.
They're in South America with a brief case full of money?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Firehawk526
Wow......think I'll check BBB for every internet purchase from now on!

All I know is that my rotors are numbered BR55034 and 55050 which do not correspond to Brembo part numbers, so I am not sure what I have, but they do not look anything like the "aftermarket" or "Aimco" brands as pictured; however, do look like the Brembo's pictured in the attachment below

http://replacement.car-stuff.com/par...howdc=true#top

The differences were the inner 1/2 band as opposed to no inner band, if that makes sense
From the picture what is the left and what is the right???
Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The pic on the right posted above looks just like my Autozone duralast rotors. Other than the slots. The again I dont know what most other aftermarket rotors look like.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Hopefully they are answering a bunch of questions from Bendix's lawyers right now or leaving the country. I'm glad I disputed the charges from the disaster of a sale over on Corvette Forum. I really started to doubt that they were Bendix brakes after all of the quality control issues. Cracked, some backsides not machined, mismatching left and rights, etc...

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on this thread over here since they keep getting locked over on CF. I understand why there are rules against bashing supporting vendors but this one brought it on themselves. This is the WORST transaction I've EVER seen.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ubenripped
Hopefully they are answering a bunch of questions from Bendix's lawyers right now or leaving the country. I'm glad I disputed the charges from the disaster of a sale over on Corvette Forum. I really started to doubt that they were Bendix brakes after all of the quality control issues. Cracked, some backsides not machined, mismatching left and rights, etc...

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on this thread over here since they keep getting locked over on CF. I understand why there are rules against bashing supporting vendors but this one brought it on themselves. This is the WORST transaction I've EVER seen.

Actually that's not too far from the truth. I received an email back from Bendix this morning. It turns out from their further investigation that they are using the Chinese brand of Bendix rotors which are made for cheap cars, not high performance use and plan to sue WDP over this.

If anyone would like me to forward the email string to them, please PM me and I'll be glad to do so.

What really amazes me is that if you suggest that someone put cheap tires on their high performance car, they call you insane. Yet, people are defending this scam artist from WDP and he's selling rotors that weren't made for this kind of use and could endanger peoples lives if they should fail.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Wow now thats some bad **** right there. I think i'm definetly going to be keeping an eye on mine for now......

It's a shame because mine have been performing really excellent. I guess maybe they could still be ok but I guess we'll see. I think i'll be looking for a new set of rotors though.....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F8LWS6
Wow now thats some bad **** right there. I think i'm definetly going to be keeping an eye on mine for now......

It's a shame because mine have been performing really excellent. I guess maybe they could still be ok but I guess we'll see. I think i'll be looking for a new set of rotors though.....
I don't know how long you've had them but you may be able to dispute it as fraud with your credit card company.

Myself, you couldn't pay me to drive on them. If you can afford to, I would buy replacements. If you can't I'd just keep a very close eye on them and change them at the first sign of trouble. And under no circumstances would I track them. If they are already cheap rotors and have lost structural integrity from the cross drilling then I doubt they will hold up under high heat/hard braking conditions and I wouldn't want to find out while doing 100+ mph.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

'Ubenripped' and 'mrosa65' you have 6 posts total between you.

Are you here to stir up **** or is there any truth to your claims???
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ActionJack

AJ,

Cruise over to corvette forums and take a look at my screen name. Lots of posts there. I'm not stirring anything, just trying to warn anyone who bought these rotors here since they were the same rotors sold on the CF forums.

Again, don't take my word for it. I can PM you the emails I received from Bendix. You can call their contact person or email him directly and find out for yourself.

WDP is selling cheaper rotors and passing them off as something they're not. Would you put k-mart tires on your car and try to drive 150 MPH with them ? Same thing with cheap rotors, when you need to stop, you don't want to worry about them failing you.

WDP has told so many lies it's not funny. He has stated that the reason he had such a problem with the rotors is because Bendix sent him the wrong ones, and he has gotten a refund from Bendix for the bad rotors. Yet in his other posts, he states the problem was from his distributer. So is he buying from a distributer or directly from Bendix ?

I'm assuming since these rotors are coming from China, that's why there were so many delays in filling the orders.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Teching In

I'm not here to stir up ****. I'm just here to warn you all of my recent experiences with them on Corvette Forum before more people get screwed. If you want to see for yourself, go to www.corvetteforum.com and do a search for WDP. One of the threads has over 1300 posts. This is not an isolated incident. mrosa65 forwarded me the e-mails between him and Bendix. What he claims is true. They are using cheap rotors manufactured in China for small cheap cars and drilling/slotting them themselves. Like he said, call Bendix for yourself and find out. Don't take our word for it.

Also check them out on E-bay. They're having the same problems. However if anyone leaves them negative feedback they do the same in return and then pressure them to mutually withdraw the feedback.

Look at their BBB rating also. An F, the lowest they can give. There's more than enough evidence of what's going on.

I had the same problems with them and disputed it with my bank after getting the same runaround you guys here are. My bank researched it and credited all of my money back a few days later.

If you still want to buy from them, go for it. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Yes my post total is low. I just heard about them posting here a few days ago and came over to see if people here were having the same type of problems we did.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Teching In

See post #402 above. He's a regular here.

My rotors cracked just like all the pictures on here with less than 5000 miles on them. I asked Brian for rotor thickness to see how they are wearing and what not. I told him about the problem he was like o we never had that problem. He said I could send them back on my own dime and they would look at them. Brian also said he would call back and I called twice after that and said forget it. I would never do business with them again. Seems like some people have good luck some don't. I notice most of my cracks formed near the cross braceing was drilled out.

So what happend to WDP's great warranty ? Right in WDP's first post. "Our unbeatable warranty will cover all rotors against warping or cracking for the first year you own them."

Doesn't sound like he's going to live up to that warranty. You all should look at the fine print in the electronic receipt they sent you also.

I especially like this little blurb that they included to cover themselves, read it for yourself at the bottom of the electronic receipt they sent you.

"Once brake rotors and brake pads have been installed, all warranty and return/exchange is voided."
Old 05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

I never even got a receipt or any email. Rotors just came in today. I'll probably put them on and monitor them often. The only reason for doing so is that I need new rotors badly and can't afford brand name ones. I'll be saving up for another set in the meantime.

So what does LS1Tech have to say about this? You guys are letting them sponsor. I'm dissapointed that no background checks are done on vendors.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear guys

Surprised nineball or someone hasn't taken them off as a sponsor.....They need to!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dom
I never even got a receipt or any email. Rotors just came in today. I'll probably put them on and monitor them often. The only reason for doing so is that I need new rotors badly and can't afford brand name ones. I'll be saving up for another set in the meantime.

So what does LS1Tech have to say about this? You guys are letting them sponsor. I'm dissapointed that no background checks are done on vendors.

I'm ordering mine directly from Advance Auto parts. These are special order directly from Bendix. Drilled and slotted are 69.88 each and I don't have to worry about them cracking like others have seen here.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Is the a part # or something that would show the Bendix rotors were from China or not???

Quick Reply: Complaints about the Wholesale Direct GP on Bendix rotors